Jrb Corliss flying suit

oldy but definitely a goodie.... and that is on my bucket list... found a guy that trains people.. talk to him and he is booked up until june and could do it then but...

how to get the wife to agree....???

oldy but definitely a goodie.... and that is on my bucket list... found a guy that trains people.. talk to him and he is booked up until june and could do it then but...

Up your life insurance to $2million and she will go along with a smile.

At my first jump some old timers told me that it will change your life...it makes most things seem slow and boaring...the wing suit would bring a rush back like no other

This is something that would exceed all other adreanline rushes. 190 on a street busa would seem boring after doing this IMO.

I think its something I want to do myself.I am a speed junkie and that would top all things I think.

He's crazy! Sometimes gets it wrong though....ouch is all I can say.

Corliss OFFICIAL TABLE MOUNTAIN BASE CRASH - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

HIGHLY recommend you get proficient with regular skydiving at altitude first, BEFORE you even think about a wingsuit (minimum 300 jumps). There is a lot more to it than meets the eye (proper packing, body position, CANOPY CONTROL); all of these things help ensure you don't get in over your head. Corliss had thousands of jumps before he ever climbed into a wingsuit, let alone started this nape-of-the-earth kind of wingsuit flying....

HIGHLY recommend you get proficient with regular skydiving at altitude first, BEFORE you even think about a wingsuit (minimum 300 jumps). There is a lot more to it than meets the eye (proper packing, body position, CANOPY CONTROL); all of these things help ensure you don't get in over your head. Corliss had thousands of jumps before he ever climbed into a wingsuit, let alone started this nape-of-the-earth kind of wingsuit flying....

Thanks skydivr... Great advice !!

Have you ever done this... or... do you plan to??

I think I have made a total of 3 wingsuit jumps - from altitude - several years ago when the suits were not as good as they are now. Did not like it at all. I was by myself so no real reference, so was kind of boring. What I did not like the most was the very small range of motion you have in the arms, particularly when it comes time to reach behind your back for the BOC (Bottom of Container) pilot chute (deploys to start the deployment/opening sequence). With all that surface area, even a minor movement brings big changes in airflow which effects your body position. After opening, the suit I was using didn't have many zippers, and it was a struggle to get my hands up to the toggles...all I could think about was "if you have a malfunction while in this suit, it is going to be a bioch to deal with"...

While I might think what Corliss is doing is incredibly cool, I can neither afford the time/travel/money or risk to become proficient enough to try it. My 10 year old daughter needs her dad too much for me to go the the extremes that he's pushing.

My favorite kind of skydiving by far is 'big way' - larger formations. 20 way is a hoot.

I PROMISE YOU, there is plenty enough excitement stepping out the door of an airplane at 14.5k to get your heart pumping.

I think I have made a total of 3 wingsuit jumps - from altitude - several years ago when the suits were not as good as they are now. Did not like it at all. I was by myself so no real reference, so was kind of boring. What I did not like the most was the very small range of motion you have in the arms, particularly when it comes time to reach behind your back for the BOC (Bottom of Container) pilot chute (deploys to start the deployment/opening sequence). With all that surface area, even a minor movement brings big changes in airflow which effects your body position. After opening, the suit I was using didn't have many zippers, and it was a struggle to get my hands up to the toggles...all I could think about was "if you have a malfunction while in this suit, it is going to be a bioch to deal with"...

While I might think what Corliss is doing is incredibly cool, I can neither afford the time/travel/money or risk to become proficient enough to try it. My 10 year old daughter needs her dad too much for me to go the the extremes that he's pushing.

My favorite kind of skydiving by far is 'big way' - larger formations. 20 way is a hoot.

I PROMISE YOU, there is plenty enough excitement stepping out the door of an airplane at 14.5k to get your heart pumping.

NICE !!:thumbsup:

I agree on the risk involved... Especially for you family men !!

Back