John Hopkins will now ride a Honda in WSBK!

It will be good to have another American in the series, but IMHO Hopkins best years are now behind him. Just too many injuries to overcome. I might be wrong, and I hope I am. Interesting to see how he fairs aginst the WSBK regulars. Haga has got to be saying "man why can't I get a break"? At this rate he may never get a title.:laugh:

It will be good to have another American in the series, but IMHO Hopkins best years are now behind him. Just too many injuries to overcome. I might be wrong, and I hope I am. Interesting to see how he fairs aginst the WSBK regulars. Haga has got to be saying "man why can't I get a break"? At this rate he may never get a title.:laugh:

I hope the rest period over the winter has allowed him to heal too. Hopper is the same age as Ben Spies, too young to be beat down yet. It would be great to see him put the Stiggy bike in the top 5.

Amazing in these hard times of floundering MotoGP and f'd up AMA Superbike, that WSBK is the greatest show on 2 wheels.
Especialy when you think back, 5-6 years ago, WSBK was a dying series too.

Ironically I think his greed screwed him. He jumped ship on the Suzuki (which was just starting to be competitive) after 16 top ten finishes in 2007 he left for a fat paycheck at Kawasaki (who ironically now cannot afford his salary:whistle:) and scored 4 top ten finishes all of last year! I would imagine he is riding the Stiggy Honda for a small fraction of his Kawasaki Salary.

I hope the rest period over the winter has allowed him to heal too. Hopper is the same age as Ben Spies, too young to be beat down yet. It would be great to see him put the Stiggy bike in the top 5.

Amazing in these hard times of floundering MotoGP and f'd up AMA Superbike, that WSBK is the greatest show on 2 wheels.
Especialy when you think back, 5-6 years ago, WSBK was a dying series too.

My thoughts about WSBK are that Spies is gonna be a runnaway almost every race.

The battle will be on for 2nd and below, but I don't think anyone has an answer for him.

Think of Casey Stoner back in 2007.

If Spies kills everybody every race, everyone will be complaining about WSBK not being a good show any more :;):

Time will tell ... I'm still mad that MotoGP opted not to take Spies and develop all that talent on a GP bike.
GOOD LUCK HOPPER .. you will definitely need it :cheerleader:

Back