Joe rocket 2.o

jch364

Registered
This may be a crazy question but here goes anyway. I just got a pair of the joe rocket 2.0 leather pants. Overall they feel ok but the knee protectors seem to be a little to low. On the bike the top of the pads just barly go over the top of my knees. They feel like they are just a bit too far down. Is this normal? Never owned any riding gear like this so im just not just sure... Any one out there got any opinions?

is that way when you're standing up?

The pants will shorten up when you get into the riding position.
wink.gif

yea they seem low while standing. when i sit on the bike they do shorten up a bit but still seem a bit low. the knee guard just barely goes over the center of the knee while on the bike

Do you drag your knee?  I think they are built like that on purpose becauase thats the part of you leg that would drag first......
Can i ask a few Questions? How do they fit otherwise? What size did you get(waist- did it run large or small?) I was thinking about getting a pair myself. Sorry for the interruption.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147356024 -->

no problem. I decided today to send them back for an exchange for a smaller size. I talked to the folks at NewEnough.com on the phone and they said that they would send it out today. They did fit a little loose for my liking. The waist has an elastic section on both sides to allow it to stretch a bit and it has 2 velcro sections on both sides to snug them up since they dont have a belt per say. They are nice pants without a doubt. I think though that if you are gonna order some, either find a place that has them so you can try on a pair to make sure you get the right size or maybe order 1 size smaller than you wear in jeans, which is what i think i should have done. They do fit so that they will expand. They felt very comfortable. I looked around alot on the net and in stores and these guys have the best prices period. The pants were $209. and $11 in shipping. Thats cheaper then anywhere I have found online. The store price was $250 before tax even. so it is a big savings.....

You bought from the right folks!

One thing I have learned about protective riding gear (jackets or pants) is to buy them a tick small, short and tight.
Leather will stretch after some activity.

Back