Jinksters Transition From Busa Too Metric Cruiser

Thanks everybody! :)

and Menace?...

"The mistake most people make is getting rid of the bike altogether."

Couldn't agree more....as when I faced and accepted the realities of the situation?...even though I knew I had to respond in a responsible way?...the thought of being entirely bike-less for the first time in 15 years made me physically nauseous...literally...and that was before the hayabusa was even up for sale let alone sold....meanwhile I was consoling myself thinking that I've always had a soft spot for the old KLR650's and that maybe I could grab one of those slightly used on the cheap just to have "a go anywhere bike" in the garage and scratch that itch when need be...but then lucked into this Vulcan Classic...making an offer I never dreamed would be accepted...but was....and it's a different kind of love but...at least the fire still burns...Thanks be to God! :)

Too close to Christmas to be spending money on myself or my new Vulcan....hated the asthmatic sounding stock exhaust...so after changing all the fluids and installing a new air filter and plugs?...I pulled the corks and got this...figured I'd let y'all know I'm still tinkering...and after Christmas I will be investing in a K&N, Full Exhaust and PCIIIUSB but this will pacify my "Rumble Fix" for now....pulled the corks. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jinkster, check out your rear springs/shocks like you've done on your other bikes. I think you'll find too much sag in the rear. A 3/4" taller shock with the right spring rates front and rear will really help on cornering clearance and quicken the front end as well. Also, some floor boards can be adjusted up giving a little more clearance. My point is that you can dramatically increase handling potential if you apply sport bike thought to it like you did your 'busa. With your exhaust, the great torque, some better tires, and a little attention to detail in the suspension department you'll be having lots of fun at your "reduced" speeds. I'm glad to hear you're riding again!

Back