JINKSTERS STOCK EXHAUST TUCK MOD

Very cool Bill!!  Are you haunted by Busa thoughts in your sleep?
rock.gif
  ;)
ya know?...sum times I do.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

cool.gif
idea.

Just one note.  If you're doing this mod for more ground clearance, remember that on the left side the stator(i think its called the stator) cover drags the ground 1st.  And on the right side the engine fairing drags 1st.
That's only true if your busa is lowered and/or your suspension is not properly sprung/adjusted...but if your busa is not lowered or the rear ISN'T raised and the suspension IS properly sprung/adjusted for proper sag?...the first thing that will drag is the footpegs....the second thing that will drag is the front, lower, outboard corner of the left cannister (when making extreme hard lefts) closely followed by the front, lower outboard corner of the right cannister (when making extreme hard rights)....but thanks for your idea. :p

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Pegs aside.  They just fold back anyway.

I've never heard of anyone ever dragging their exhaust before the right and left side of the engine/engine fairing.  I've seen guys off of track days scarpe fairing but never their exhaust.

Think about it, when you adjust the suspension for ride height you adjust the back preload and the front preload.  Even if you raise the front more than the rear, by how much could it be??

Plus, a lot of guys use +1 raising links for the rear(to improve handling), which more than makes up for any front preload over rear preload.

Anyway, not trying to take away from your mod, just throwing in my 2 cents  
biggrin.gif

Maybe I've never heard of anybody dragging exhaust because almost everyone I know who corners hard has aftermarket exhaust...
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138661837 -->

cool.gif

cool.gif
idea.

Just one note.  If you're doing this mod for more ground clearance, remember that on the left side the stator(i think its called the stator) cover drags the ground 1st.  And on the right side the engine fairing drags 1st.
That's only true if your busa is lowered and/or your suspension is not properly sprung/adjusted...but if your busa is not lowered or the rear ISN'T raised and the suspension IS properly sprung/adjusted for proper sag?...the first thing that will drag is the footpegs....the second thing that will drag is the front, lower, outboard corner of the left cannister (when making extreme hard lefts) closely followed by the front, lower outboard corner of the right cannister (when making extreme hard rights)....but thanks for your idea. :p

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I've never heard of anyone ever dragging their exhaust before the right and left side of the engine/engine fairing.  I've seen guys off of track days scarpe fairing but never their exhaust.

Think about it, when you adjust the suspension for ride height you adjust the back preload and the front preload.  Even if you raise the front more than the rear, by how much could it be??

Plus, a lot of guys use +1 raising links for the rear(to improve handling), which more than makes up for any front preload over rear preload.

biggrin.gif

Maybe I've never heard of anybody dragging exhaust because almost everyone I know who corners hard has aftermarket exhaust...  
tounge.gif
"Pegs aside. They just fold back anyway."

understood...but what's your point?

"I've never heard of anyone ever dragging their exhaust before the right and left side of the engine/engine fairing. I've seen guys off of track days scarpe fairing but never their exhaust."

Read this....the 14th reply by "Whatshisnuts"

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=64822.0

now ya have.
tounge.gif
and I've seen pix posted of just such.

"Think about it, when you adjust the suspension for ride height you adjust the back preload and the front preload. Even if you raise the front more than the rear, by how much could it be??"

To infer or even address that aspect as a possibilty is rediculous and has nothing to do with the fact that the the busa's stock cans are splayed open like a whor.....well...nevermind....a you know what on a saturday night...a "busy" saturday night.
tounge.gif

"Plus, a lot of guys use +1 raising links for the rear(to improve handling), which more than makes up for any front preload over rear preload."

which also drives the busa's weight even more forward than it already is hence causing things like lower front fairings and stator covers to drag.

"Anyway, not trying to take away from your mod, just throwing in my 2 cents
biggrin.gif
"

indeed...pennies from heaven no doubt.
laugh.gif

"Maybe I've never heard of anybody dragging exhaust because almost everyone I know who corners hard has aftermarket exhaust...
tounge.gif
"

gee....everyone I know who corners hard are reluctant to pi$$ their money away on aftermarket exhausts.
laugh.gif

truth?....I'm fix'in to rip it all off anyway but just wanted to see what I could do about squaring away and tucking in the stock system before I go ahead replace it....just to see if it could be done...what did you do today?...oh that's right....you went on a spending spree...2 cents.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

cool.gif

idea.

L8R, Bill.

biggrin.gif

"Pegs aside.  They just fold back anyway."

understood...but what's your point?

"I've never heard of anyone ever dragging their exhaust before the right and left side of the engine/engine fairing.  I've seen guys off of track days scarpe fairing but never their exhaust."

Read this....the 14th reply by "Whatshisnuts"

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=64822.0

now ya have.
tounge.gif
and I've seen pix posted of just such.

"Think about it, when you adjust the suspension for ride height you adjust the back preload and the front preload.  Even if you raise the front more than the rear, by how much could it be??"

To infer or even address that aspect as a possibilty is rediculous and has nothing to do with the fact that the the busa's stock cans are splayed open like a whor.....well...nevermind....a you know what on a saturday night...a "busy" saturday night.
tounge.gif

"Plus, a lot of guys use +1 raising links for the rear(to improve handling), which more than makes up for any front preload over rear preload."

which also drives the busa's weight even more forward than it already is hence causing things like lower front fairings and stator covers to drag.

"Anyway, not trying to take away from your mod, just throwing in my 2 cents  
biggrin.gif
"

indeed...pennies from heaven no doubt.
laugh.gif

"Maybe I've never heard of anybody dragging exhaust because almost everyone I know who corners hard has aftermarket exhaust...  
tounge.gif
"

gee....everyone I know who corners hard are reluctant to pi$$ their money away on aftermarket exhausts.
laugh.gif

truth?....I'm fix'in to rip it all off anyway but just wanted to see what I could do about squaring away and tucking in the stock system before I go ahead replace it....just to see if it could be done...what did you do today?...oh that's right....you went on a spending spree...2 cents.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
rock.gif
 I dissagree.  Laters.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138685763 -->

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

Not bad Jinx, but I suspect you have too much time on your hands LOL. You'll notice I didn't call it gink work. What kind of diet was that you are on.........

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138919866 -->

cool.gif
idea.

Just one note. If you're doing this mod for more ground clearance, remember that on the left side the stator(i think its called the stator) cover drags the ground 1st. And on the right side the engine fairing drags 1st.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Pegs aside. They just fold back anyway.

I've never heard of anyone ever dragging their exhaust before the right and left side of the engine/engine fairing. I've seen guys off of track days scarpe fairing but never their exhaust.
I think Roygsxr dragged his exhaust over at a track day. He told me that awhile back when Ron & Rich came over for the SoCal Busa run...

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138920786 -->

cool.gif

thanks for this mod jinkster! i just did mine when i did a a stock can mod. love the look ranman
jump9.gif

Back