Jinksters Fond Fairwell To "Oren Ishii"

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I took a 1/2 day vacation to hurry home and prep the bike for pick up and have the paperwork ready and this may be a bit premature but...this is an emotional day for me as Oren Ishii sits perched upon her rear stand for her final chain maintenance and washing as I type this...with clean title on the kitchen table with pen nearby...as the new owner is headed 200 miles south to my place from just north of Daytona dragging a trailer and cash to drag her away kicking and screaming...

BUSAWASH5.jpg

Being an '03 GenI she's 10 years young and I will be proud to show the new buyer the crystal clear (okay...maybe slightly amber) fresh fluids in all the sight windows...front brake, hydraulic clutch and oil.

I've had 8 solid years of riding her having acquired Oren in 2005 with a scant 1,640 miles on her odo...my pix of the busa bash's we've attended together stir fond memories...the great folks I met and rode with and the many hours I've spent in this forum along with the time alone in my garage modding and maintaining her were all time well spent.

But alas?...Father Time and medical issues are catching up with me along with symptoms of diabetes...to the point that I feel as though I've got about as much business riding a souped up Hayabusa as Betty White has signing up for a day of Bull riding...common sense prevails and it's time for me to slow down.

On a brighter note?...while I'm not yet certain exactly what I'll do?...I almost can't imagine a life with no bike in the garage...that said?...a close, rather well off friend at work today offered me his 2007 1500 Kawasaki Vulcan for a little over 1/2 of what I'm getting for Oren and a FN .308 Sniper Rifle I own with a Swarovski Scope...His Vulcan is Silver (Like Oren) and has all the bells and whistles except pipes...motor works are completely stock...Garage kept, showroom floor condition...and just under 7K miles on the odo...saddlebags, full windscreen, passenger backrest and all the chrome cover accessories that can be had...and I'm thinking about it...maybe it's slow enough for me...but to tell the truth?...the texters still scare me out there....anyways?...

Thank you all for the fun and fellowship I've enjoyed here over the many years and as always?...

Ride Safe! & L8R, Bill. :cool:

Bill no one said you had to have a bike to check in here...

Take care brother :thumbsup:

Thanks DOT but guess what?...minutes ago the buyer texted me saying sorry that he can't make it today and that he just got called into work...I texted him asking if he's backing out...he said no that he's just fighting for hours at his job and when they call?...

So?...oh well...might be a false alarm and no sale...shame really....I just lost 4 hours vacation time prepping things for him but?...

The Lord works in mysterious ways...cause as I was giving her the final touches detailing her up for him?...as I was putting a coat of armorall on the CF heal guards of my $545 unobtainium cyclecat rearsets?...and another coat on the CF canister of my $1,200 Akro full exhaust?...and gently wiping the screen of the GiPro ATRE gear indicator?...and digging out the disc of fuel maps for my PCIIIUSB?...and remembering how whenever folks ask me what year it is that they are left in shock and disbelief cause it doesn't look 2 years old let alone 10?...and thinking just how lucky this guy is to be getting a bike like this...

sellbusa1.jpg

sellbusa2.jpg

sellbusa3.jpg

for $4,200?...I'm now thinking "Screw'im!"...maybe I just need to toss on a new set of tires and go down in a blaze of glory like God Intended cause riding this bike doesn't scare me 1/2 as bad as growing old enough to be riding a freaking hover-round at the nursing home! :laugh:

man...what a day. :(

Bill no one said you had to have a bike to check in here...

Thanks Cap...really appreciate everything you've done over many years...this "sell my busa" crap is making me crazy.....maybe it's a sign from above?...I just dunno...and trying to sell anything these days is like nutzoid city...maybe I just need to sell one of my rifles, throw on some new tires and ride it out..L8R, Bill. ;)

Personally, I think you just talked yourself in to another 10 years with her Bill :whistle:

Best of luck in whatever happens to her, and nope, you don't need to fade away...stick around :rulez:

$4200????? Are you nuts????

DON'T DO IT! If she's paid off, keep it until the tires rot off from dry rot. That's my motto!

Nice to hear from you.
Shame you have got to sell the bike though.

Hope your life is all going well.
Best wishes sent.

Dude, for $4,200 I will fly my ass from Japan and pick that up. Nevermind work, calls from the pope would have to wait until my return home from picking this baby up.

Dude, for $4,200 I will fly my ass from Japan and pick that up. Nevermind work, calls from the pope would have to wait until my return home from picking this baby up.

Come get it...want me to hold it for you?...shouldn't be a problem from what I'm seeing so far. :(

I'll even pick you up at Miami International...just give me the flight number and the ETA! :laugh:

wait....that ain't funny. :(

man, I've been following this thread, and the one in the sale section, hard to believe you can't give this bike away, i`m in md, and already have a bad ass buss, but if you would take american eagle silver dollars, we might be able to work something out

man, I've been following this thread, and the one in the sale section, hard to believe you can't give this bike away, i`m in md, and already have a bad ass buss, but if you would take american eagle silver dollars, we might be able to work something out

have ya got 4,200 of'em? :laugh:

Back