Jinksters Fond Fairwell To "Oren Ishii"

What a shame. I just don't understand people today. What happened to us. Best of luck on the sale. I'd text that dude one last time. The text would read " NEXT "

It's a sign! Keep it and enjoy it like you already have. Beautiful bike man, wish mine was half as nice as yours. :beerchug:

Those are nice coins to have for sure. As long as the market price is right. Hopefully the earlier prospect will come through for you....or the coin guy will add a few to equal the asking price. Good luck!

wow....thanks Poppy...just punched in the 155 coins he was offering me...

ask price?: $3,469

bid price?: $3,139

on a brighter note?...maybe...the potential buyer who hung me out last week texted me again today...says he wants to pick it up Wednesday if I still have it. :O

Que Hall & Oats "She's Gone"...

orensold1.jpg

I owned, tuned, maintained and rode Oren for 8 wonderful fun filled years...and it felt like someone chopped my nads off watching her get pulled away on a trailer....but I know it's for the best...going on 56 years old has my reaction times slower than the bike and with diabetes?...my sense of balance isn't always what it once was and trying to ride Oren slow?...was like holding hands with a hooker...sooner or later you're gonna say screw it...and for me?...it was always sooner than later...so?...time for this old man to slow down and live...but I still want to ride...so while Oren left yesterday?...this evening I rode this home...

orensold2.jpg

orensold3.jpg

orensold4.jpg

safe and sound in my garage! LOL!

orensold5.jpg

It's a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500 with just 8K miles on the odo and garage kept that I picked up for a song...it has and H.I.D. headlamp, Removable locking saddlebags, shaft driven, windscreen, chrome side covers, a bike cover and the guy even threw in a safety yellow rain suit....with a bone stock completely un-molested engine...(although I'll be replacing the stock exhaust with a set of Hardchrome 3" Big Shot pipes)...and what a sled...best I could describe it?..."Powerfully Slow" LOL!...but....I don't think I've owned a recliner this comfortable and rides like a cloud and?...at least I still get to ride....but gonna take some getting used to...for instance....I keep forgetting to move my feet forward instead of rearward when I lift them to the.....oh God....dare I say?...floorboards....(ouch....that hurt)...but I'm digging it...this bike is made to do one thing real well....gobble up hundreds of miles a day like a kings throne on two wheels...no longer do I need a new set of tires with every other oil change...I could ride to cali and back 4 times on one set...no more chains and sprockets....it a torque tube shafty...and at a whopping 54mpg...I can afford to go anywhere anytime. :)

It's been a pleasure folks, wish me luck and as always?...

Ride Safe! Bill. :cool:

Bill im sure you will be hitting a site soon and finding parts and ways to make your new ride your's! You have been a wealth of info around here for years, please stick around here and dont leave!

Bill im sure you will be hitting a site soon and finding parts and ways to make your new ride your's! You have been a wealth of info around here for years, please stick around here and dont leave!

Congrats on the new toy Bill!! :thumbsup:

Thanks John & Michelle!...you folks rock...as do many others here I've come to know over the many years...and yep...you know me John and yes...I'll be "making it mine"...but first things first....took 1/2 a vacation day this afternoon to get title and registration swapped over then swung by Florida Sports and dropped over $200 on mundane stuff...namely?...a new freshly charged yuasa battery...(paid a little extra for the 20amp hour VS the 15 amp'er)...then oil, filters and fresh hypoid oil for the shafty torque tube...Honda polish...wax and cleaning stuff...enough to keep me busy this weekend...then next week will be a fresh set of rubber...after that?...hopefully I'll be able to play my own santa and drop about a grand on pipes, PC and intake for Christmas and?...done...but then again?...it seems I'm never "done" LOL!

I program set-up and operate two CNC 3D Milling machines everyday...and my mind is already running wild with all the things I'd like to design, draw up in CAD and make for this bike...should keep me busy and riding for a long time to come. ;)

Anyways...thanks all...and if you ever see and old man running through the mountains on a dated but cool old metric cruiser with the floorboards ground to a razors edge?...stop by and say hello...it might be me...and if it is?...I'll buy ya a coffee. :)

L8R All! Bill. :cool:

Jinkster, as an owner of a 2004 Vulcan Nomad 1500, I highly recommend you visit this awesome site......

Gadget's Fixit Page For Kawasaki Nomad & Classic Modification Maintenance & Repair

and this one......

VROC :: Vulcan Riders and Owners Club

and this one.....

VRA Member Forums - Vulcan Riders Association

Those should keep you busy for a while :thumbsup:

Thanks John & Michelle!...you folks rock...as do many others here I've come to know over the many years...and yep...you know me John and yes...I'll be "making it mine"...but first things first....took 1/2 a vacation day this afternoon to get title and registration swapped over then swung by Florida Sports and dropped over $200 on mundane stuff...namely?...a new freshly charged yuasa battery...(paid a little extra for the 20amp hour VS the 15 amp'er)...then oil, filters and fresh hypoid oil for the shafty torque tube...Honda polish...wax and cleaning stuff...enough to keep me busy this weekend...then next week will be a fresh set of rubber...after that?...hopefully I'll be able to play my own santa and drop about a grand on pipes, PC and intake for Christmas and?...done...but then again?...it seems I'm never "done" LOL!

I program set-up and operate two CNC 3D Milling machines everyday...and my mind is already running wild with all the things I'd like to design, draw up in CAD and make for this bike...should keep me busy and riding for a long time to come. ;)

Anyways...thanks all...and if you ever see and old man running through the mountains on a dated but cool old metric cruiser with the floorboards ground to a razors edge?...stop by and say hello...it might be me...and if it is?...I'll buy ya a coffee. :)

L8R All! Bill. :cool:

Back