Jinksters cyclecat rearsets install/review/opinion

"UPDATE": well folks?..now that i've got some seriouse riding in on my new cyclecat rearsets?..I figured i'd share my "further findings"...as follows....

previousely?..with the seemingly endless and infinite foot positions one can assume with the cyclecat rearsets?..my intent was to find and establish "two"...(2)...optimum postions....one where my feet were low and relaxed for long distance ST'ing and one seperate position for aggressive roadrace style riding and here's what i found...

fug the ST'ing position! LOL!...and here's why...

I'm 5'8" with a 29" inseam and while the low and relaxed ST'ing setting was indeed comfy?....it suxed when i got out to sebrings psuedo track in south florida and blistering heat where i didn't wanna bother wrenching them into "aggressive mode" annnd...drug the shid outta my toes in rapid fashion..greatly diminishing my abilities to even think about attacking the curve entrances with real aggressive lean angles...which while was plenty comfy for the 100 mile hike out there?..but suxed when it was time to get down...the pegs were just to low...so?...vowing to never let "that" happen again?..I figured..okay...it's still gonna be one hot summer for a while so?..if ya ain't gonna adjust'em back and forth?...then it's time to just suck it up like a man and raise them suckers into "Aggressive Position" and just deal with it..and i did...and here's the stunning part....

up and waaaaaay back turned out to be not only far more aggressive and yeild tons of ground clearance for my tootsies but..was even MORE COMFORTABLE than my dang ST settings of back and down..and here's why..

"going down" gives more relaxed feel buuuut.."Going Back" had a far greater affect on comfort than did "down" as...going "down" with your feet also moves your knee position down...but "down" don't do diddly for nesting your knees in the tank recesses...buuut...going "Back" moves your knees "back" in the tank recesses and "BACK" makes a huge dif...as the knees rotate both down and back annnnnnnnd..."INWARD"...closer together...relieving lots of pressure from my hips...as now?...my "Aggressive Mode" settings are my permanant annnnnd....most comfortable ones...the only one...setting....as in...do-it-all...and it's still weird to me as it sorta makes me feel like a horse jockey riding a high stirrup english saddle but the weird part is...dang?....it's even MORE comfortable!
laugh.gif

One other thing..because the cyclcat rearsets are so fugging adjustable?...don't think for a minute that you'll get'em set "just right" the 1st time...or the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or even 5th...and i think i've repositioned them about 18 times before finding the "Perfect Setting"...but damn is it worth it when ya get there!
biggrin.gif

That is all annd...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Jinkster
        How do those sets deal with the vibration? And how many miles on yer scoot now?
answer ?1: Vibration through the pegs?...well...there's a touch more of it but it's "negligable"....and feels more like..."clearer feedback of what your bike and engine are doing" which to me is more of a "added feature" rather than nusance vibes...and definantly nothing even close to "foot numbing"..as a matter of fact?...two sundays ago?...ride_or_fish, zx14james and i ran home from sebring...one-way....non-stop....100+ miles...in one sitting...and np...but the part i really like?..is this...the rubber mounted stock pegs never did feel "good" to me as they dulled the senses and felt more like "I stepped in something"...something other than a responsive and communicative peg...on the other hand?..the cyclecat pegs are deeply and seemingly "Double Knurled"...making foot placement and sole interface extremely positive and reassuring that your feet aren't gonna slip position...and i like that as well.
biggrin.gif

answer ?#2: First?...You hafta realize that i bought my '03 busa just a little over a year ago from a guy who owned it but was admittedly afraid to ride what was his 1st street bike..and at that point of sale?.....it was showroom with just 1,600 ..(yes 16 hundred...not thousand)....miles on the odo...and 2-3 months after me buying it?...I got azz ended in my pick-up (while sitting at a stoplight) by a drunk woman...in which i sustained lower back injuries that for the most part?...kept my busa on her sidestand for the following 6 months or so...with no seriouse riding until last biketoberfest...and today?..she got just under 10K miles on her as I type this.

L8R, Bill
cool.gif

Back