Jinksters cyclecat rearsets install/review/opinion

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Well folks...they arrived today and here's what they sent me..(including "cyclcat logo chocomint candies!
biggrin.gif
)...

CAT1.jpg

I found a better/easier way to put the brake return and brakelight switch springs on...without pull'in and tusseling with needlenose pliers and running the risk of scarring up my new rearsets?...I just popped the brake clevis off the splined shaft and it was cake from there...just lash the (now "free state") spring ends in the holes then simply pull the clevis back down into position....like so...

CAT2.jpg

and as long as i had that much tore apart?...i figured i'd sleep much better if my brand new $545 rearsets at least started out life with a fresh coat of Kendall Super Blue in the brake and shift pivot bushings.
biggrin.gif
The bushing are most likely "oil-light bronze" (and it's widely believed that they don't require lubrication)...but i figure there's no such thing as "too much lube"...not in this application..so?...on it went...

CAT3.jpg

I researched this issue hard and in the end decided that the $545 pricetag was worth the price of admission on these puppies as not only are they "The Most Adjustable" on the market today but...they are also the only rearset for a hayabusa i found that "GO DOWN" as well as back and up and forward and any other direction your mind, soul and comfort zone may wander..you name it?...and they'll adjust to it...so i figured..hmmm..this is cool because not only can i dial in settings for gett'in my toes up for lean time ripping?...but with a 5mm and 6mm allen and about 5 minutes time?..I can adjust for a sweet "Low & Back Comfy Azz ST Mode" setting...so onto the numbers....

this pic depicts the location of the stock footpeg (and keep in mind that mine have 3/4's of an inch of rubber sliced off the top)...but as such?..my "Shaved" stockers measured 6 1/2"s back (from the front of the frame spar) and 14 1/2"s Down (as measured from the bottom of the seat)..

CAT9.jpg

and the cats?..at full straight back?...measured a whopping 8"s...a full 1 1/2"s of "rearsetback"...
wow.gif

CAT8.jpg

but this full straight back position (which I've set and established as "My Agressive Lean Angle Race Settings" also raises the pegs too a scant 13"s even (from the bottom of my seat)...but believe it or not?..even in this agressive setting?...due to the huge rearward movement it actually feels far more comfy and took considerable load and pressure off my 48 year old hips than did my shaved stockers...and here's what my "Aggressive Lean Angle Race Settings" look like...

CAT4.jpg

CAT5.jpg

then?..with a 5mm & 6mm allen?..and about 5 minutes time?...I can switch up to my "Comfy Highway ST Settings"..by dropping the brake lever just (2) splines and dropping the pegs down one dowel hole location which only knocks a 1/4" off the rearsetback too 7 3/4" (still 1 1/4" further back than stockers) but drops'em to an astounding 15"s (from the boottom of my seat)...simply put?..1 1/4" Back and a whopping full 1" lower than my "SHAVED" stockers..which is a total of 1 3/4" lower than original (full rubber) stock pegs..and 1 1/4" more rearward...and here's what my "Comfy Highway ST Settings" look like...

CAT6.jpg

CAT7.jpg

In closing?...I was shocked to the high side with these rearsets..waaaay worth the price of admission..all pegs (toe & foot) sport countersink recessed engagement and the footpeg rotation bracket is not only dowel pinned but held in place with a Conical Head Ti (and yes it is cause I "spark checked it" LOL! ) sweet azz bolt...these rearsets are light...strong and of superb quality...and if anything?..are overly adjustable..and for bonus points?...they look trick as he11.
biggrin.gif

and yes...i'm thrilled with'em and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152934587 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Lookin' good Bill...lookin' damn good. I now have them on my list until something better comes along.

You get what you pay for 99% of the time.

thanks folks...and I just got back from....well?...several rides...and after each time return home for adjusting and tweaking and it took a while but i both "fine tuned" annnd "simplified" both my settings of "Agressive Lean" and/or "Comfy Tour"...it took me a bit to understand just how citical the shift rod and brake lever spline locations were to obtaining these two great settings with mimal effort and adjustment to swap bewteen the two....but i nailed it...by getting that brake-lever on just the right spline and the shiftrod adjusted to perfection..so that...now alls I hafta do?...is...

In Tour Mode: The footpegs are doweled down one hole from rear-center with the toepegs cammed down to BDC.

then alls i hafta do to get perfect....

Aggressive Mode: is to dowel the footpegs straight back at rearmost dead center and cam the toepegs to back in-line with the shift and brake levers.

loosen and re-tighten (4) allen bolts and go from "race" too "road" in about 2-3 minutes and...

that's cool as he11.
biggrin.gif

Also...i can't express enough just how comfy that "tour mode" is...my knees dropped to "fully nested at the lowest points of the tank recess's on either side and for all i'm worth?...in "tour mode" (1 1/4"s Reaward and 1 3/4"s Down from original stock) my busa is now....without a doubt...sport'in just as much legroom and comfort as either of my past (2) last (2) Naked class bikes...my old '00 Kawi ZRX1100 and my old '01 Yami FZ1...and i coukd ride either of them all day long...and then some...and my busa is now....at the very least....just as comfy as either of those naked bikes were..if not moreso..all load and pressure is now fully relieved from my hips in "Tour Mode" and i bet my knees and hips could even take the "Agrressive Mode" settings for the better part of a day in the saddle....without so much as a wimper or twinge...love it!...it's like $545/2...touring rearsets....and then?...a mere 2-3 minute adjustment later?...she's jacked and whacked into "Agressive Lean Mode"...2 rearsets in one...cause unlike the others?...that only go back and up?..these will go anyfreaking where's....back and up or back and down...even forward and down..2 birds lose...one stone easily wins.
biggrin.gif

O-Ren Loves'em as well...

CAT10.jpg

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Nice pics and write-up, Bill. Let us now how the work out "upon further review."
biggrin.gif

Nice write up Jinkster, thanks very much.

But you gotta stop doing this,

because now I want those too
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Great looking and nice Write-up.

Is there a version of these with bearings instead of busings?

jd

they look awesome!
thanks TML!
biggrin.gif
...and i agree...they got it all....trick, clean, rugged looks that screams "quality"...the results of a well thought out design...that ends in what is imho..

"The Most Functional & Adjustable Rearsets Out There"

The ergonomic advantages of both performance and comfort are limited only by ones use of allen wrenchs....and i felt like a 5 year old on the trigger of a 30.06 spending this sorta cash for rearsets but...in the end?..i'm reeeal happy i did..as it would've suxed spending $350-$480 on lesser rearsets that only offered "Limited Amounts of Back & Up Adjustment"...a being able to switch up from "Aggressive Race" too "Touring Comfort" in a matter of minutes is a huge advantage...an advantage i saw in none of the others...where I can now ride in comfort too the hotspots..arrive un-fatigued...and then gain gobs of hard lean ground clearance in a matter of a couple minutes worth of wrenching...and the hardest hit in the house is spending good money after bad...and there's not a doubt in my mind that even at $545 this was money extremely well spent.

I always wondered how old and sore my aged bones could get before i'd hafta give up the busa...or hafta load it in the back of my truck to go hit the hotspots..and..."That's"...not an issue anymore.
biggrin.gif
all day long baby!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Very Nice Jink, I'll have to wait for this though, I just ordered my rifle... My "mad Money Fun" has crashed.
wink.gif

But I think you have found my future rearsets.

They look great. Good write up as well. I have one question, do the reduce the amount of vibration felt in the pegs when riding?

I get moderate vibration from the factory pegs which starts hurting my feet in bout 1 hour into a ride. I'm constantly moving my feet around to keep them comfortable. I wear Tecknic racing boots with a gel insert when I ride.

Back