JINKSTER ATTACKS "SUSPENSION"

bill, thx for the kind words.....   ya know, us drag racers are very touchy..  
wink.gif
Your welcome and that's all fine and well but just don't be touching me. LOL!!!

Am I getting a grip on this sarcasm thing yet cache? LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

dunno... maybe you been playin on the "other" busa boards too much lately, but thats no excuse.

c.
cache...it appears me and my efforts are not welcome here by you and it seems you have a distain for me personally...there is/was no reason for you to put an ugly spin on this thread and why you have done so is beyond me.

To the members: It appears I've fielded all the questions posed me in this thread as best I can whilke maintaining a positive tone...I'll report back for a small tutorial of the traxxion omni spring front fork installation and the results....provided I'm not banned by then.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

good lord bill..... obviously your sarcastic remark to my sarcastic remark resulted in my next sarcastic remark, and you dont see/like the sarcasm. I'm a member on all the busa boards, and post on them sometimes... i give them shat and they give me shat... when I read the "about jinxter" thread, it made sense to me, so I felt comfortable in being sarcastic again... but to no avail..

maybe the joke is on me, and thats okay. either way, I'll shutup now, and let you do your business. pay no attention to me, there is nothing to see here.

cache.
rock.gif

there was a movie recently when this guy, no matter how hard he tried to fix things, kept making it worse... called the "butterfly effect".....

guess I am just creating the "cache effect" and thats okay, cuz I know how the end of the movie was(directors cut), and I dont want that to happen here....

cache.............. Out.

I have my front fork preload socked down to 1 line showing and 20mm's of thread showing on the rear shock...as my 240lb @$$ needs way more spring than does Kent...
Glad I asked my friend!

So what would you suggest for someone around 210 pounds?

lines of preload left on forks
mm thread showing on shock __

All ears, and thanks for a great thread.

I have my front fork preload socked down to 1 line showing and 20mm's of thread showing on the rear shock...as my 240lb @$$ needs way more spring than does Kent...
Glad I asked my friend!

Chain...for your weight I'd recomend trying...

(1 line) of preload left on forks with 2 clicks out comp damping (bottom screw) and 3 clicks rebound (top screw)..

(18mm) thread showing on shock with 10 clicks rebound (bottom screw) and 7 Clicks Comp (top screw)

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

JINKSTER: I measured it out as being @230 wanting to loose weight so I am thinking of going with a 1.05kg springs on ohlins forks, and rear ohlins going to 14kg spring. what do you think?

JINKSTER: I measured it out as being @230 wanting to loose weight so I am thinking of going with a 1.05kg springs on ohlins forks, and rear ohlins going to 14kg spring. what do you think?
I like it...you're moving up on the rear spring as the stocker is 13.1KG and I can get enough out of the stock rear at max preload but if I were you?...I'd go for the 1.1 fork springs for three reasons..

1. Going to a stiffer rear spring such as the 14kg is going to transfer much of the suspension action and weight right back up front again...(remember...anything you do to the rear affects the front and visa-versa)..amplifying any boingyness or weakness in the front springs as the 14kg rear will force the front to work harder and...

2. Imho you'll get far better feedback with the 1.1's and...

3. You'll have a greater amount of preload adjustment in reserve as the springs begin to age and sag.

Hope That Helps & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115542313 -->

Glad I asked my friend!

(1 line) of preload left on forks with 2 clicks out comp  damping (bottom screw) and 3 clicks rebound (top screw)..

(18mm) thread showing on shock with 10 clicks rebound (bottom screw) and 7 Clicks Comp (top screw)

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Im going to try this setup.

Question for the 210 weight
2clicks OUT for comp
3 clicks ??  for rebound (out or in)

shock
10 clicks ?? rebound
7 clicks   ?? comp

lastly "clicks out" mean counterclockwise right??

Thanks alot  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|vincebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115638978 -->

jinks....not tryin fight my boy's battles and stuffs.....

but chill a lil bit, bro....
biggrin.gif
Cache ain't try to gib ya. like he was sayin earlier, he's just bein sarcastic. Just a bad case of misunderstandin, that's all. Cache's one of them good 'ol boys...

just take a lil more time to try an understand him....and it'll be all good. Some people's sense of humor may take a lil more time to get than others, thas all.

An trust me in this one...if the Cache-man really didn't like you, you'd know it. Just MHO FWIW, eh?
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

I like it...you're moving up on the rear spring as the stocker is 13.1KG and I can get enough out of the stock rear at max preload but if I were you?...I'd go for the 1.1 fork springs for three reasons..

1. Going to a stiffer rear spring such as the 14kg is going to transfer much of the suspension action and weight right back up front again...(remember...anything you do to the rear affects the front and visa-versa)..amplifying any boingyness or weakness in the front springs as the 14kg rear will force the front to work harder and...

3. You'll have a greater amount of preload adjustment in reserve as the springs begin to age and sag.

cool.gif
hmmm well 1.05 maybe good for this reason I am trying to loose weight I based this all on 250lb person in street cloths, now I am wanting 165-175 as weight so that maybe enough to componsate for 1.05kg front, and 14kg rear what do you think???

jinks....not tryin fight my boy's battles and stuffs.....

but chill a lil bit, bro....
biggrin.gif
Cache ain't try to gib ya. like he was sayin earlier, he's just bein sarcastic. Just a bad case of misunderstandin, that's all. Cache's one of them good 'ol boys...

just take a lil more time to try an understand him....and it'll be all good. Some people's sense of humor may take a lil more time to get than others, thas all.

An trust me in this one...if the Cache-man really didn't like you, you'd know it. Just MHO FWIW, eh?
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
Check, ain't no battle to fight, call me chilly willy a.k.a. backstreet billy and I can understand all night. LOL!!!

cache...thanks for the pin.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
hmmm well 1.05 maybe good for this reason I am trying to loose weight I based this all on 250lb person in street cloths, now I am wanting 165-175 as weight so that maybe enough to componsate for 1.05kg front, and 14kg rear what do you think???
I think I'd still get the 1.1's and then celebrate losing 75lbs AFTER I lost it by spending another $100 for the 1.05's if I still felt I needed them..and then recover $50 selling off my 1.1's in the classifieds...meanwhile?...I'd spring my bike for..

"What I Weigh Now"

and not what I think I'm gonna weigh later.

Sorry...I'm all down with "the power of positive thinking" gig and all but reality dictates that you could ride a lot of miles in the time it takes to lose 75lbs...keep it real.

BTW...when you do lose that 75lbs?...your narrow @$$ ain't gonna appreciate that 14kg rear spring anymore...and that'll be the first "Good Sign"...my best to you and your efforts brother...I could stand to lose more than a few lbs myself.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Glad I asked my friend!

(1 line) of preload left on forks with 2 clicks out comp  damping (bottom screw) and 3 clicks rebound (top screw)..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Many thanks Bill, I think I'll try this setup out tomorrow!

Glad I asked my friend!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Many thanks Bill, I think I'll try this setup out tomorrow!
Chain...I think you'll love it bud..more stable and planted with curve feedback that's hardwired to your brain....as compared to stock settings which are far to plush and vague.

Good Luck & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Glad I asked my friend!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Im going to try this setup.

Question for the 210 weight
2clicks OUT for comp
3 clicks ??  for rebound (out or in)

shock
10 clicks ?? rebound
7 clicks   ?? comp

lastly "clicks out" mean counterclockwise right??

Thanks alot  
smile.gif
bump...
eek2.gif
sad.gif

Back