Jet Li's 1st track day

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
Well, let me start by saying I was surprisingly not nervous. It was a great program they have at Sport Bike Track Time (STT) for novice group riders. Beginning with a class room talk prior to the first session and classroom time after each session except the last. Very informative and I learned a lot.

The Talladega GP is a short track, 1.4 miles with all left handed turns except for one right handed reducing radius turn. Not much room to really stretch the Busa legs but I love to turn, so works for me!

Lets just say Suzi and I are planning for more track time already, Barber, Jennings GP, Road Atlanta..........

It was absolutely the biggest rush of my life, hands down!!!

On to the pics, first up, the track!

tally_track.jpeg

Check this guy out, he rode in the intermediate class, only one arm!

Damn, crafty fella!
bowdown.gif

tally2.jpg

Out of the box and ready for tech inspection...

tally3.JPG

Failed tech!

Had to tape up my passenger pegs, and wheel weights. Whoops!

tally6.JPG

By the way, no professional photographers at the track, but my neighbor rode along and snapped a few action shots. Wasn't able to get any of the tight turns....

Suzi and I trying to sneak up from behind on the decreasing radius, where I am at is where you turn in hard to the inside then swing out to the outside as you exit the turn.

tally7.JPG

Just exiting the decreasing radius, hard on the throttle, baby!!

tally8.JPG

Last one, just a shot of the wear and tear on the shoes.................

Anyway, if you own a sport bike, you really need to get on the track, what a blast..................

Later
cool.gif

tire.JPG

I wish someone would build a nice little track like that around here. It would be overwhelmed w/ riders and be a huge money maker here in FL w/ year round riding. Closest is 4 hours away at Jennings (@ GA border).

Just curious what were your lap times, if any? In comparison w/ lap record, if there is one?

Well that is going to make you a lot more fun to follow around the gap this year
smile.gif
What a great day that must have been... so you worn out at all?

Back