Jersey meet/ride to englishtown/raceway park on 7/27/13

blacknight

Registered
This is the official notice.

We are setting up a meet/ride on July 27th at 10:30am (Kickstands up at 11AM) to ride down to Englishtown's Raceway Park.
If we can leave exactly at 11AM, we can be down there by 12. Thus, allowing us to get in some good runs.
People in the Nothern Jersey (NYC/CT) area, we are meeting at the Vince Lombardi Service Station At the beginning (or end depending where you're coming from/Exit 18E) of the N.J. Turnpike
If you're comming from south heading north, Go up to and thru the turnpike toll for exit 18E. After the toll you will ride about 5 miles and see the Entrance for the service station on the right.
If you're coming south, or getting on the turnpike from the GWB, or routes 80/46. You cant miss the service station. Its before you get to the 18E Toll booth.
If you get to the toll booth, make a U-turn and head back north as you passed the service station.

Here's some info for those who plan to race.....

drag%20racing1.jpg

Handler.ashx?PhotoID=7084.jpg

$15 for spectators.
$29 for racers. That includes your race number for the year
A SNELL helmet and leather jacket are mandatory. No Exceptions.
Leather gloves are needed.
Boots that cover the ankles are required.
A plastic chain guard is required for NON-stretched bikes (Stock Length)
If your bike is stretched you will need a metal chain guard
Trust me, they check.
If you run faster than 125mph in the 1/4 mile, then you will need a full leather suit or leather covering your pants as well
Under 125MPH, you can wear jeans, but still a leather jacket is needed.

Here's the info and directions for the track if you plan to meet us there or you get lost.

Raceway Park
230 Pension Road
Englishtown, NJ
07726-8462
Phone: 732.446.7800

Take the New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 9, follow the signs to Route 18 South. Go six miles to the Englishtown exit. Take Route 527 South five miles. Make a left onto Pension Road (Raceway Park billboard on left). Go 1/4 mile, track entrance on the left.

Garden State Parkway South to Exit 123 to Route 9 South. Travel Route 9 South for 10 miles to Texas Road. Turn Right onto Texas Road. Go three miles to the traffic light. Make a left onto Route 527 South. Go one mile making a left onto Pension Road. (Raceway Park billboard on left) Go 1/4 mile, track entrance is on the left

It would be great if we can get at least 20 bikes riding down
I'm going to post this on some other bike boards as well

For all those that are riding, Let me know by posting your name & bike you're riding here and I will add it to the list.

1) Blacknight-08 Busa

Back