Jay Leno on the New H2 video!

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
While I like the content of the Jay's Garage videos, Jay himself always seems uncomfortable and gawky... and some of the questions he asks are ridiculous! "What kind of chain are you running" in regards to the Kawi H2... chain? Who cares about the chain?!? I want to know how much boost? How is the supercharger driven off the engine? Can the race spec be retrofitted to the street bike? Etc, etc! Chain? Ugh....

Me :poke: Jay Leno

:laugh:

Screw the chain. Who cares. I fell in lust as soon as I heard the engine fire up.

*sigh*. It's official, we are all riding dinosaurs around here now.

Anyone who knows me and how I feel about Cowasaki.... but I feel this is the best lookin bike they've put out 2 date. I'm really diggin the color, even the puke green on the trellis frame. I'm definitely gonna 2 whatever dealership around here gets 1 and take a Real good look @ 1 :whistle:

The bad part about it is they are saying it's only putting out 200HP..... I read that new Yamaha Super R1 also is claiming 200HP and that's w/o a blower. That R1 has an electronic/suspension package that is said to rival the HP4. So if that's the case I'd go with the R1 but it's all hear say 4 rite now. Only test rides/ dyno's will tell :laugh:

Ok, that's cool as sh!t....
I imagine some tuners will be able to get the street version up into the high 2s HP wise in short order.

The press release states 35 psi of boost, but according to a Kawasaki rep via email, the H2 makes 20.5 psi of boost. Was Kawasaki referring to the H2R when they wrote 35 psi?

3 things:

1. Would I like to be Leno? Kawasaki comes to your house? He just reaches into his pocket and pulls out the cash!
2. Leno was talking about the bike having all the best parts like Brembo and Ohlins. Buzz kill - the bike doesn't have Ohlins.... Without electronic suspension this bike can't be as good as the competition. I'm taking bets on it, wait until the comparison tests. How many copies of the mag with a test between the R1M, HsR, & 1299 Ducati are they going to sell? Can we pre-order?
3. Leno said the coolest thing was that the seat can be made wider for fat butts! :rofl: That was my first thought too but I'm sure Kawasaki was looking for a more of a gear headed first response.

For me the H2 is a yawner. The H2R is interesting but the Ducati, Yamaha, and BMW all are still the real deal. It will be interesting to see if BMW and Aprillia stand still for this new group of bikes. I think 210 WHP and 400 lbs dry is the ticket for a class leading liter bike.

P.S. H2R and Busa Gen III are going to fight it out for the Hyperbike crown.

I wonder how much power will be needed to keep hypersport bikes relevant? With 200+hp liter-bikes, big boats like the 'Busa and ZX-14R will need considerably more just to keep up! I bet the insurance companies are salivating at the thought of how much they're going to charge... :drooling3:

I wonder how much power will be needed to keep hypersport bikes relevant? With 200+hp liter-bikes, big boats like the 'Busa and ZX-14R will need considerably more just to keep up! I bet the insurance companies are salivating at the thought of how much they're going to charge... :drooling3:

Kawasaki claims are all crank horsepower, from what I am seeing. Regardless, we have already made 210 rear wheel on STOCK ZX14s with full exhaust and tuning at over 120 ft-lbs of torque. Yes, the 14 is a porker, as is a Busa, but making only 200 rear wheel WITH a blower is an embarrassment, to say the least. I did not see anything in print about how much boost is being generated, but 30 pounds of boost on anything efficient should net 500 or thereabouts, unless that blower is REALLY small. I give Kawasaki credit for upping the ante while corporate Slow-suki still has their heads up their arses . . .:moon:

Kawasaki claims are all crank horsepower, from what I am seeing. Regardless, we have already made 210 rear wheel on STOCK ZX14s with full exhaust and tuning at over 120 ft-lbs of torque. Yes, the 14 is a porker, as is a Busa, but making only 200 rear wheel WITH a blower is an embarrassment, to say the least. I did not see anything in print about how much boost is being generated, but 30 pounds of boost on anything efficient should net 500 or thereabouts, unless that blower is REALLY small. I give Kawasaki credit for upping the ante while corporate Slow-suki still has their heads up their arses . . .:moon:

I'm betting that thing is way down on power because of a very weak tune.
It'll be interesting to see what you can do with one.

For me the H2 is a yawner. The H2R is interesting but the Ducati, Yamaha, and BMW all are still the real deal. It will be interesting to see if BMW and Aprillia stand still for this new group of bikes. I think 210 WHP and 400 lbs dry is the ticket for a class leading liter bike.
Kawasaki--and not Ducati, Yamaha, BMW, or Aprilia--won the World Superbike Championship last year, and they came within six points this year--to Aprilia. Yamaha didn't even compete, and BMW gave up its factory effort. Aside from Aprilia and Kawasaki, I'd say everyone else is snoozing.

I am disappointed. I like Leno and his toys when he gives his honest opinion, but this was clearly staged, and very carefully orchestrated to give this the feel of a conversation between the two buddies... The very first red flag was repeating the 300 hp for the track version, then pulling the cover from the street version, and not mentioning its hp. The evil marketing intent here was to leave an unconscious impression of 300 hp for a street bike. Simply disgraceful, and distasteful.

Back