jacking the busa up

R4V3N

Registered
Hi All

I want/need to jack the busa up not just to improve the handling but im 6'5" lol

ive found 40mm dog bones to do it but im worried about the stand... when i jacked up my ninja i had to get a bit welded into the stand .

As the busa is a popular bike is there a longer stand currently available?

In addition the stand i have im sure has been modified to stop the bike rolling off and worried if i increase length will that go back to square one (risk of rolling off)?

thanks very much

They do make adjustable stands, but I am not sure about making them longer. BallZ may have one as well as pashnit. If you are raising it an inch in the rear, the oem stand should be fine. She won't roll off if you always leave it in gear. The problem most have is by lowering and using an oem stand, they are more prone to tipping.

I lifted mine 1" using Lust Racing dogbones but was worried that since the rear was now higher, the angle of the side-stand was now more upright and more likely to fold back, dropping the bike. I opted to finally get around to doing the "must do!" side-stand mod which brings the stand further forward at rest to ease my fears. The Bus leans over more on the side-stand but I have peace of mind that it'll still be upright when I return to it.

Agreed you must do the kickstand mod :thumbsup: Its listed here on the forum, quick and easy with no more worries

Hi All

I want/need to jack the busa up not just to improve the handling but im 6'5" lol

ive found 40mm dog bones to do it but im worried about the stand... when i jacked up my ninja i had to get a bit welded into the stand .

As the busa is a popular bike is there a longer stand currently available?

In addition the stand i have im sure has been modified to stop the bike rolling off and worried if i increase length will that go back to square one (risk of rolling off)?

thanks very much

If you are going to be doing the bones best is to hang the bike from the rear and then use the jack on the bottom to adjust the swingarm remove or add pressure, align the holes. If you have a wheel chock for the front would help but I didn't and I managed it anyway.

Back