Jackets

shady08798

Registered
i been thinking about buying a jacket i never owned one and i think now is the time i found the one i like its the Icon hooligan hayabusa jacket but problem is the sizing i believe i would need a size large but i cannot find that size anywhere its all XL and up im half tempted to just get the XL and be done with it but im not sure so i figured i would get some of your guy's thoughts and opinions before i fork out the money and the reason for me going with that jacket is because i have the helmet that matches i dont do a ton of riding de to knee surgery and get very sore if i sit in one position for to long weither on a bike in a car or on the sofa plus not to many of my buddies ride any more and when they do they are the type that like to get on the highway wide open for the entire trip and im just not into that i like getting in it and feeling the power but im not on a suicide mission but i do want to start riding more so what do you guys think.

Ok, first of all, make sure you get a jacket that fits you. Too small or too large it will be uncomfortable, and God forbid, if you did go down, will not protect you like it should which is the reason you are wearing it in the first place. I never ride my bike without a jacket, I am not sure of what else you are asking.

i hate going to the dealer because every time i go in there they treat me like dirt last time it took me 45 minutes to get someone's attention about buying my helmet then the proceeded to talk down to me and its just never a good experience when i go there but at least i can go and try some on and go else where to purchase!

im guessing i just need to go to the local dealer(which i hate to do) and try them on

Measure your chest and arms and use the sizing charts. But it is best if you can try them on, then you know for sure. But brands vary with size, so a Large Icon may fit different than a Large in something else.

i hate going to the dealer because every time i go in there they treat me like dirt last time it took me 45 minutes to get someone's attention about buying my helmet then the proceeded to talk down to me and its just never a good experience when i go there but at least i can go and try some on and go else where to purchase!

Do you have a Cycle Gear anywhere close?

yeah ive checked there i believe ill need a Large and seems everywhere is sold out but ill take your advice and go try some on before i buy one i dont want to be uncomfortable while riding

Go to the dealer and use the scumbag's jackets to find your size and then go home and find it on the internet for a fraction of the cost.:laugh:

twotonevert has already given you good tips. If I may add this to help you a bit: I am 5'10", 190 lbs and wear a size 40R (suit coat), 33/34-inch waist. For ICON leather jackets, LARGE fits me the best.

like twotonevert said, make sure to get one that fits you correctly...i've seen the damage that can be caused by a jacket that it too large and it isn't worth it...it is better than not having one on at all but since you are going to have to spend good money for it, you might as well get as much protection as possible :beerchug:

I would try to go to a shop as I've found out sizes can vary a lot between brands, also helmets Lynne and me went by a size chart and it said we needed M but when we went to the shop we had to get XL. Good idea by dk55belair as well.

ah, the closest one is in Allentown, 2 hours from you. Springfield is just as far.

Maybe take a road trip and go to cycle gear......try them on and buy what fits! Or as already suggested, go to the dealer, try on and look online for the same jacket and buy!

Tour Master Magnum Jacket :: MotorcycleGear.com

I have this one. It is an awesome leather jacket. It has so many zipper vents I ride it up to 90 degrees and down to
45 degrees. There is some wind that gets past the zipper that cools you down a bit.
The good thing about Motorcycle Gear . com is they show you all of the features of a product with pictures then comment how it fits. It used to be New Enough.com .

I just bought another one from leatherup.com. I have had good luck with them and the prices are good. I was leery about ordering with out being able to see how it fits but after reading all the reviews about the product I was able to figure out what size to get. Besides they have a good return policy.

The best to get to test the jacket itself personally.The fitment,comfortability and looks.
You may change your mind after testing it,you never know.

Back