ive searched and searched.. suspension question

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
Hey guys,

So I'm 6'7'' 280lbs and i'm just curious about the suspension... I would love to upgrade the suspension so it fits my frame (body). What does everyone recommend??? Just stiffer springs?? Does anyone know a place in the Seattle area that could/would do it??

Thanks.

Definitely need heavier springs on the front and rear. Also, a 1" lift in the rear will help immensely.

--Wag--

Stiffer springs and re-valving to match. Don't know any places in Seattle. I had the local dealer install the parts in the forks and sent the rear shock out to Traxxion Dynamics.

Stiffer springs and re-valving to match. Don't know any places in Seattle. I had the local dealer install the parts in the forks and sent the rear shock out to Traxxion Dynamics.

I found a place in seattle with a great rep, now im trying to figure out where to get springs. I talked with GP suspension and asked if they had a 700lb spring for the fronts and they said they didnt even know what they had!! they just tried to sell me on penski.

I gotta talk with greg from hyper bikes a little more and figure something out!!

I would recommend you go see Barry Wressel at the track. He is "The Man" when it comes to suspension upgrades here in Washington. He has all the parts and knows exactly how to give you a good ride. And, the best part about Barry is, if you have him do your suspension upgrades, he is a master at setting up the suspension. Barry will work with your suspension setup until you are happy at no additional cost to you.

If you have your suspension upgrades done elsewhere, you'll most likely end up having Barry set it up!

Knowing how to set your suspension up properly is the difference in a happy customer and a disappointed one.

You can buy the best Ohlins upgrades available and you are no better off if you have no one to help you set it up!

Give Barry a call or just show up at the track tomorrow, Friday, Saturday or Sunday and visit with him. You won't be sorry if you have Barry take care of you.

Barry Wressel
206-372-6898
kfgservice@hotmail.com :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I would recommend you go see Barry Wressel at the track. He is "The Man" when it comes to suspension upgrades here in Washington. He has all the parts and knows exactly how to give you a good ride. And, the best part about Barry is, if you have him do your suspension upgrades, he is a master at setting up the suspension. Barry will work with your suspension setup until you are happy.

Knowing how to set your suspension up properly is the difference in a happy customer and a disappointed one.

You can buy the best Ohlins upgrades available and you are no better off if you have no one to help you set it up!

Give Barry a call or just show up at the track tomorrow, Friday, Saturday or Sunday and visit with him. You won't be sorry if you have Barry take care of you.

Barry Wressel
206-372-6898

THANK YOU!!!! calling barry right now!

OK, I'll throw in my $0.02

The stock front springs are 0.85 kg/mm. If you are and aggresive street/track rider, I'd go to 1.1 kg/mm, otherwise go with 1.0 kg/mm.

In the rear, the stock spring is 850 lb/in. I'd go with a 1,000 lb/in. spring, 900 lb/in if you want it on the soft side.

Tell that Bozo if he don't take good care of you I (Steven Cook) won't be bringing him lattes at the track! :whistle:

OK, I'll throw in my $0.02

The stock front springs are 0.85 kg/mm. If you are and aggresive street/track rider, I'd go to 1.1 kg/mm, otherwise go with 1.0 kg/mm.

In the rear, the stock spring is 850 lb/in. I'd go with a 1,000 lb/in. spring, 900 lb/in if you want it on the soft side.

+1! Excellent place to start for your body build (jmo)! Just rode the Eureka Springs MnG with a stretched and lowered bike. Did a 1,000 rear shock spring upgrade and the handling improvement over a stock spring exceeded my expectations. Bike wants to rail, now have to work on the owner!

I have been working with Louis Martinez at Race Tec. Great guy and what BW said is what he told me. I had Louis size the suspension for someone weighing 250 and two up at 390 total. So far, I've just changed out the rear and I'm working on changing out the front. After ES I'm looking forward to the front fork improvement. Even stretched this bike feels much more like it'll rail. Hope this helps. :beerchug:

+1! Excellent place to start for your body build (jmo)! Just rode the Eureka Springs MnG with a stretched and lowered bike. Did a 1,000 rear shock spring upgrade and the handling improvement over a stock spring exceeded my expectations. Bike wants to rail, now have to work on the owner!

I have been working with Louis Martinez at Race Tec. Great guy and what BW said is what he told me. I had Louis size the suspension for someone weighing 250 and two up at 390 total. So far, I've just changed out the rear and I'm working on changing out the front. After ES I'm looking forward to the front fork improvement. Even stretched this bike feels much more like it'll rail. Hope this helps. :beerchug:

Thanks a lot guys! sounds like ill start with the rear and move myself forward :p

Where can i pick up a +1 lift for the rear?

I would recommend you go see Barry Wressel at the track. He is "The Man" when it comes to suspension upgrades here in Washington. He has all the parts and knows exactly how to give you a good ride. And, the best part about Barry is, if you have him do your suspension upgrades, he is a master at setting up the suspension. Barry will work with your suspension setup until you are happy at no additional cost to you.

If you have your suspension upgrades done elsewhere, you'll most likely end up having Barry set it up!

Barry Wressel
206-372-6898

Free set up is an awesome deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

You may want to do your thousand pound spring install first and then adjust ride height with the top lock nut on the shock. If you'll have a little patience, as in I'm getting ready to leave for my son's basketball game, I'll post up a thread about my change over with pics showing differences in height and diameter of both springs. I'll give a lot more info as well, although it'll be around 11 CST before I can post. Sorry about the time but I think it'll give you some better view points of what your considering. :beerchug:

You may want to do your thousand pound spring install first and then adjust ride height with the top lock nut on the shock. If you'll have a little patience, as in I'm getting ready to leave for my son's basketball game, I'll post up a thread about my change over with pics showing differences in height and diameter of both springs. I'll give a lot more info as well, although it'll be around 11 CST before I can post. Sorry about the time but I think it'll give you some better view points of what your considering. :beerchug:

Sounds great!!

Back