Ive got some big ole calves

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone with big calves (and I aint talking about cows) wear the SMX line of boots? I have a hard time getting ski boots on, but I need a taller pair of boots for the hard riding.

same prob as you, X...gots me calves that are 20 and 21 inches.

Wanted to spring for some A-Stars, but wasn't too sure if they'd fit right.

Ditto, I'll be watching this one.
lurk.gif

I have the SMX-R's and they have an expansion gusset on the inside of the calf with a velcro adjustment section. Then they have the positive locking ski boot-type ratchet adjustment to lock them in place. The zipper only comes to the top of the ankle, the rest is adjustable. I don't have very big calves but have adjusted them for tucking in leathers over heavy socks before.

Find a dealer and try them on if you can, you should be OK.

smxrbootblack_main.jpg

.. or you can go my route! Get a desk job, continue to drink beer religiously, quit all forms of exercise, and then get married. Within a year your boots will fit great!!
smile.gif

But your pants wont!!
SHOCKED.gif

You really need to try them on, but I'm saying probably not. I have some wimpy calves and mine fit pretty good.

If you have big calves, stay away from the Sidi line. I bought the Vertebra Airs and with my leathers tucked in, I could hardly get them zipped all the way up. I have them expanded on the rear as there are a pair of screws you can loosen and widen the boot a little.

(omslaw @ Oct. 10 2006,00:11) Was it a little cold heading home last night?
Nope, the Icons were fine, just have an offer on the table I might jump at!

Back