Ive got some big ole calves

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone with big calves (and I aint talking about cows) wear the SMX line of boots? I have a hard time getting ski boots on, but I need a taller pair of boots for the hard riding.

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Was it a little cold heading home last night?

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
same prob as you, X...gots me calves that are 20 and 21 inches.

Wanted to spring for some A-Stars, but wasn't too sure if they'd fit right.

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I have the SMX-R's and they have an expansion gusset on the inside of the calf with a velcro adjustment section. Then they have the positive locking ski boot-type ratchet adjustment to lock them in place. The zipper only comes to the top of the ankle, the rest is adjustable. I don't have very big calves but have adjusted them for tucking in leathers over heavy socks before.

Find a dealer and try them on if you can, you should be OK.

smxrbootblack_main.jpg

HillsRider

On the DHS watch list
Donating Member
Registered
.. or you can go my route! Get a desk job, continue to drink beer religiously, quit all forms of exercise, and then get married. Within a year your boots will fit great!!
smile.gif

But your pants wont!!
SHOCKED.gif

davsbusa

Registered
You really need to try them on, but I'm saying probably not. I have some wimpy calves and mine fit pretty good.

jaschil69

Donating Member
Registered
If you have big calves, stay away from the Sidi line. I bought the Vertebra Airs and with my leathers tucked in, I could hardly get them zipped all the way up. I have them expanded on the rear as there are a pair of screws you can loosen and widen the boot a little.

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
(omslaw @ Oct. 10 2006,00:11) Was it a little cold heading home last night?
Nope, the Icons were fine, just have an offer on the table I might jump at!

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekbenade