I've Been Betrayed......By the Bank

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
I went to the bank to get a certified check to pay for a shotgun I've been looking for. Deposited the money into what I thought was my personal checking account. I wasn't paying attention and the teller put it into a joint checking account with my wife. I waited for the check to clear, went back to get the certified check. No problem, the teller asked from which account, told him my checking. He prints the check, I seal it in an envelop and head to the Post Office.

After getting back in the car at the Post Office, I look at the receipt from the bank. Whoa! the balance was much less than what I knew I had in my account. I stop at the ATM and print the transaction record for my checking. It doesn't show the chunk of change I deposited to cover the Certified Check. WTF? Go back to the bank to find out whats going on.

He tells me the check came out of the joint account. What? Where is the money that I deposited into my checking to cover the Certified Check? Well, that was deposited in to the joint account too. ME "Oh Shid"!!! He says "Oh well ,it all worked out in the end", not like I was over drawn or anything.

Yeah except for the fact I was NOT planning on disclosing the shotgun purchase to the owner of the other half of the joint account. :banghead: That's why I have my own checking/savings accounts. Now I'm busted.

Used to be a gun was a gun to her, she didn't know one from another. At some point she wised up because they were multiplying like rabbits and the walls of the safe are bulging. Now every time she sees a gun when the safe is open or when I'm coming or going to the range she asks, "Is that new?" To which I answer "Well what do you mean by new?" :laugh: Far as I'm concerned they are not new anymore once I walk it outta the gun shop. HAHA Oh that one? No, I've had it a while, you've seen it before. :whistle: She's figured out that dodge, so she asks, "How long have you had that one". :banghead:

Now I'm going to have to come clean. One thing for sure, she isn't going to understand the price of a nice shotgun. I'm contemplating intercepting the bank statement at the mailbox to cover my tracks. Like a kid hiding a progress report from his parents. :lol:

Did you save the money all by yourself? Yes, well, she can go knite something then:whistle: You tried the "guns are investments" aarguemtent, right?

HAHAHA!! That's a funny story! Only thing about getting the bank statement from the mail box is that everyone these day's do on-line banking so probably would not do you much good. :laugh:

HAHAHA!! That's a funny story! Only thing about getting the bank statement from the mail box is that everyone these day's do on-line banking so probably would not do you much good. :laugh:

Ahh Man! That's right. Thanks for the heads up or I woulda got caught covering my tracks too. :laugh:

Just tell her it's a safety related item.
Also why in heck are you not on a paperless statement .
This way nothing comes in the mail .
You get to check and see privately all your little items online .
heh heh heh !

Too funny you sound like my twin .
Same thing there for a while my then girlfriend didn't care.
As a Cuban not having seen guns in the hands of civilians she and her family just waited for the gringo to go loco is all.
Now 8 yrs later the now wife does the same thing.
She sneaks a peek inside sometimes when I open it up and goes....1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 unh huh last week you had 7 now 9 .
'but I sold one of the seven to buy three dear !'
Now she has given up.
I just bought more than she could count. :laugh:

ps.....WHAT MAKE AND MODEL SHOTGUN AFE YOU RISKING DEBALLING ON ?

Last edited:
well you should pay more att next time ! lol

post pics of shot gun !

lol

Browning Citori XS Sporting in 28 ga. 28'" barrels. Discontinued in 2003 in 28 ga.

Found this one NIB unfired.

xs2.jpg

xs1.jpg

xs3.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the bank to get a certified check to pay for a shotgun I've been looking for. Deposited the money into what I thought was my personal checking account. I wasn't paying attention and the teller put it into a joint checking account with my wife. I waited for the check to clear, went back to get the certified check. No problem, the teller asked from which account, told him my checking. He prints the check, I seal it in an envelop and head to the Post Office.

After getting back in the car at the Post Office, I look at the receipt from the bank. Whoa! the balance was much less than what I knew I had in my account. I stop at the ATM and print the transaction record for my checking. It doesn't show the chunk of change I deposited to cover the Certified Check. WTF? Go back to the bank to find out whats going on.

He tells me the check came out of the joint account. What? Where is the money that I deposited into my checking to cover the Certified Check? Well, that was deposited in to the joint account too. ME "Oh Shid"!!! He says "Oh well ,it all worked out in the end", not like I was over drawn or anything.

Yeah except for the fact I was NOT planning on disclosing the shotgun purchase to the owner of the other half of the joint account. :banghead: That's why I have my own checking/savings accounts. Now I'm busted.

Used to be a gun was a gun to her, she didn't know one from another. At some point she wised up because they were multiplying like rabbits and the walls of the safe are bulging. Now every time she sees a gun when the safe is open or when I'm coming or going to the range she asks, "Is that new?" To which I answer "Well what do you mean by new?" :laugh: Far as I'm concerned they are not new anymore once I walk it outta the gun shop. HAHA Oh that one? No, I've had it a while, you've seen it before. :whistle: She's figured out that dodge, so she asks, "How long have you had that one". :banghead:

Now I'm going to have to come clean. One thing for sure, she isn't going to understand the price of a nice shotgun. I'm contemplating intercepting the bank statement at the mailbox to cover my tracks. Like a kid hiding a progress report from his parents. :lol:

are you married or on parole ??? :poke: :rofl: Just kidding good luck with ambushing the postman :thumbsup:

Beautiful gun, will only go up in value, probably better than leaving it in the bank for them to use and charge you fees for the privilege. That's the logic I'd use...

Making a regular habit of keeping stuff from your wife is a sure way to an unhappy marriage. Not worth it. Good luck!

Last edited:
are you married or on parole ??? :poke: :rofl: Just kidding good luck with ambushing the postman :thumbsup:

At least you have something to ambush the postman with. LOL.

I have priced a nice over under. Needless to say I am jelous and have to clean the drool off the keyboard. And you aren't going to have an argument about the quality vs price, call it an intense time of fellowship with your wife. Goodluck.

If you make the right buys guns can be very lucrative .
Listen you can make some good extra money by buying a couple of guns a month and turning them to the right buyer.

I buy off of Gunsamerica and Auctionarms and sell on Gunbroker.
The first two sites you find some good deals on and GB seems to be where the people just buying cuz they can go .

Back