Its that time of year

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well all that time of year is here again... For those of you that didn't know we host the site at my house and have a pretty good setup of hardware and circuits. We keep the site running from the house because of the convenience of having total control of everything at my beckon call. Even though the site has very few unscheduled downtimes when severe weather comes in I unplug everything until the storm is over. For those unfamiliar with where I am located I am in the middle of storm central, 4 miles from where the fastest winds on earth have ever been recorded. Oklahoma has some incredible severe weather and lightning is something I have to deal with. I may have a bunch of equipment here but I cannot take a direct strike. If I see severe weather coming in I will give as much notice on the board as I can before I pull the plug but sometimes early in the morning it sneaks up on us. If the site is down and you are curious just look at radar for OKC and see if there is any storms over OKC.. I hate that we have to do this but its better than taking a hit and being down for weeks while we get new equipment.

CAp

With that all said there is severe weather coming in here within the next few minutes.

cap

Take all the precautions you need to 'Cap! We understand and appreciate it!

what ever you do dont pull the hayabusa.org needle out of my vain to long i might die.:laugh:

do what u need to

Cap, I'll be out there in a couple weeks with a Faraday Cage and some grounding straps. Square you away properly... Oh and hey, in the even of Nuclear war EMP will not be a concern for you... Hayabusa.org will be running the world...

BigDawg_03Busa Tornadoes give us enough warning that I can pull the hard drives out of the servers before I run for the cellar.

CAp

Thanks for the head's up captain...best to shut us down than lose it all anyday! We all understand completely...
smile.gif

you're telling me cap....

this is the weather where I am right now.... looks like no riding today...

wow.gif

weather.JPG

NO NO NO! Don't unplug my addiction! What'll I do??? I'll have to make friends.... SPEAK to humans... wait! I could go riding! WHO'S WITH ME???

Back