Its still a rider's race!

Modifications be d@mmed. stock-to-stock bike, Kawi is STILL god-awful FUGLY, n Busa is/has been getn all the looks since 99-its the reigning champ for a reason, n Kawi tried to take the title 6 years ago...and failed miserably after months of hype-why shud we expect anything more this time around? honestly?
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

First of all, I didn't come over here to bash Busa's. My name isn't Phantom 12. They're a great bike and I respect them. If I didn't have my 12, I would own a Busa. I come over here once in a while to see what's going on in Busaland. If you have a problem with that, I won't post here anymore.
Is there something wrong with disagreeing opinions? If everybody had the same bike, how much fun would that be?
The Hayabusa has proven itself over the last 7 years. There's tons of aftermarket parts for them. When the 14's been out for a while, there will be tons of aftermarket parts for them, too.
I guess I just don't understand why a certain few of you have to knock the 14 when there aren't even any in the streets yet. Nobody really knows anything at all about them. Once they show up at the dealerships and hit the streets, we'll find out the good and the bad.
Geezzzzzz, whatever you say doesn't bother me in the least
wink.gif
! You can say whatever you want because for me it boils down to: " I DON'T RIDE UGLY BIKES" ! And the 14 is UGLY to me. Probably a great bike with a great engine. I just think they pulled out some 1980 drawings
type.gif
and added the old Suzuki RF 900 side grills to'em (of course Suzuki claimed they came from watching a Manta Ray
laugh.gif
, that's because George Foreman hadn't created his grills yet
tounge.gif
) . Anyway, being from the Ducati side and hearing for years all about how Jap bike can take'em anytime, I just figure the other side is jealous. "AH" so be it ! Same here, buy a ZX-14 if your a Kaw sort of Guy and be happy, Winning or Not. I know I'll stay happy with my  
race.gif

First of all -- the Busa i own is the most entertaining bike i have EVER owned------ BUT---- I have had in this order--
Ace100 Hodaka-- funky shifting but a blast, 73 Yam RD 350
funky ignition-- still a blast, a Yam TX500 twin--leaky gaskets
30k of pure fun,an old 72 Honda 750-- beat the crap out of it--No problems, 78 Kawa 1000--- had to replace the countershaft bearing-- in my pad HeHe---- tough as nails.
Then the Awsome 900 Ninja came out--40k miles----soft valves--Oh well but it sure was fun. Then the 88 Gixxer 1100
no prob's at all--10.76 @ 128 --14k and sold. Then a 89FZR600
used--- replaced bad rod bearings in pad HeHe---4am engine on the floor of shed----later that day cruising at 10k revs-- no prob's and raced at Infinion...what at great handling scoot that was and 145 top speed. Then 45k on a 93 Kawa Concours-- no problems whatsoever. Then a CB1000 Big Guy
for a short time--to slow for me-- then the Busa in April 02
used 01---starter problems--Just ask Poor Jester--trailerd all the way from Texas to Cali--tried to start it and it actually
kicked back so hard it broke the engine block!!!
All brands can have issues-------My point to this thread is--
I agree that a lot of people [Brand Bash]-- But any Brand can have issues. Looks on the otherhand is a whole nuther issue
Just so ya'll know and i love this place
all_coholic.gif

wow...yet another eye opener concerning the validity of kaws 13.5 being a "Busa Beater", all that and a bag of chips...hell..I just saw some dyno charts where Brock Davidson piped and tuned the 12R and the new 14 and...while the 14 belted out about 10 more ftlbs through the mid?...the 12R still bested it by a couple ponies up top....jeese...only kaw could get beat by it's own deceased bike...talk about shoot'in yerself in the foot!  
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
+1

I think that new Kawi is beautiful. (I'm a busa man, don't worry.) But I want both bikes. They sound so different and look so different.

What's so great about all the new bikes - they're all a technical wonder. Check the R1's out, look at the GSXR1000, the CBR... just fantastic bikes. It bugs me when people want to just insult the Busa - trust me - not one bike is the best above all. The best bike, is the one you own and love to ride.

Each of the bikes on the market today, are so incredible and offer so much variety in looks, performance, and feel - that really - it all comes down to the rider.

Just be glad everyone, that you can even afford to own any of these bad boys. They all rock. Where I live - I'm an oddity because I actually bought one of these fab bikes. ('04 Busa LE). But I'd take any of these bikes. I guess - I'm more like the Barber family and would rather have a roost full of these bikes.

Insulting the intelligence of others on this board because of a bike they ride, let's not do it. This is the best play ground I know of online.

biggrin.gif

Hey Spigga,

I copy and pasted the original from the Kawaski website. I posted it here cuz I thought 'dem fightin' words. I'm glad you found the real facts!! Good on ya.

First of all -- the Busa i own is the most entertaining bike i have EVER owned------ BUT---- I have had in this order--
Ace100 Hodaka-- funky shifting but a blast, 73 Yam RD 350
funky ignition-- still a blast, a Yam TX500 twin--leaky gaskets
30k of pure fun,an old 72 Honda 750-- beat the crap out of it--No problems, 78 Kawa 1000--- had to replace the countershaft bearing-- in my pad HeHe---- tough as nails.
Then the Awsome 900 Ninja came out--40k miles----soft valves--Oh well but it sure was fun. Then the 88 Gixxer 1100
no prob's at all--10.76 @ 128 --14k and sold. Then a 89FZR600
used--- replaced bad rod bearings in pad HeHe---4am engine on the floor of shed----later that day cruising at 10k revs-- no prob's and raced at Infinion...what at great handling scoot that was and 145 top speed. Then 45k on a 93 Kawa Concours-- no problems whatsoever. Then a CB1000 Big Guy
for a short time--to slow for me-- then the Busa in April 02
used 01---starter problems--Just ask Poor Jester--trailerd all the way from Texas to Cali--tried to start it and it actually
kicked back so hard it broke the engine block!!!
All brands can have issues-------My point to this thread is--
I agree that a lot of people [Brand Bash]-- But any Brand can have issues. Looks on the otherhand is a whole nuther issue
Just so ya'll know and i love this place  
all_coholic.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

I think this has been the longest post by Pace-O thus far! Wow...

Mokaw...in an effort to calm things a little bit, I will say this:

The 14 (asthetics aside) will prove to be an interesting bike...IF they (KAWI) didn't shoot themselves in the foot by over-hyping it.

I don't care who ya are, 100+ ft-lbs of the pushy stuff on a bike is yummy in my book.

While I won't go runnin to the nearest and snatchin up a 14, my hat's off to Kawi for makin (hopefully) things more interesting. The 14 may have been directly responsible for forcing Suzuki to do what we've wanted for several years now:

a change in the Busa.

I have nothin but respect for the 12 and the 14. In my eyes, they're serious bikes...most especially since they have the capability to contend with the Busa in terms of flat-out speed and acceleration.

Same goes with the 05 G1k, 04 zx-10 (Kawi tuned down their 06) and the new 06 1000RR.

Sure, the Busa will edge the litres out in top speed, but the fact that they can hang ( at least to 150, at any rate) is cool by me.

So while I love the Busa, I'm keepin an eye on the new batch that's springing up. Things are changin so quickly...and that can only mean good things for our (and hopefully yours as well in the future) beloved Busa.

Ya know?
wink.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

Even if the 14 comes out and is actually faster, the busa is still the better bike. It has more potential. The 14 is just a bored AND stroked 12 motor. It comes stock already being pushed towards its limits. So before you people think about switching to win races, look at all of these busas on this site and I think only a handfull are stock. The rest are more than capable to take on this "threat"
biggrin.gif
A lot of the bike here are 1397 (REAL 1400's)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

First of all, I didn't come over here to bash Busa's. My name isn't Phantom 12. They're a great bike and I respect them. If I didn't have my 12, I would own a Busa. I come over here once in a while to see what's going on in Busaland. If you have a problem with that, I won't post here anymore.
Is there something wrong with disagreeing opinions? If everybody had the same bike, how much fun would that be?
The Hayabusa has proven itself over the last 7 years. There's tons of aftermarket parts for them. When the 14's been out for a while, there will be tons of aftermarket parts for them, too.
I guess I just don't understand why a certain few of you have to knock the 14 when there aren't even any in the streets yet. Nobody really knows anything at all about them. Once they show up at the dealerships and hit the streets, we'll find out the good and the bad.
I totally agreed with you, don't leave like that...we need you around...some of the members are too proud to be little stiff...thats all.
I've read some threads about zx-14 vs busa, time to time...
first its not even on the street, lets see if they come out strong some will loose some don't loose, its a life...we've been kickin around for 7 years, some others will try to do the same as we do...if they beat the busa? well what can we say? whatever, its comes around and goes around, back in 70's when kawi (ZR1 or Z1R not sure which ones right) put that models on the street? that was like busa story likewise...
no such thing is forever, or oneway forever, come in here, when ever you want, and share the info about other bikes, most of us are here for sharing info here and become friends... over and out...

After reading all of these I guess I will get nervous the next time a ZX 14 pulls up next to me at a stop light
tounge.gif

NO, I think NOT !  If he's that Dumb to want to race on the street, HE CAN WIN
race.gif
. other than that, I really don't care. I know I got the best bike  
egitarre77.gif

to ach there own ride what you will. but i do get a laugh at these guys who come over from the kaxi sites and expect us to drop to our knee's and worship the zx14. bottom line i love my busa i wanted one for a long time now she's mine.
i don't care if that ugly thing is faster than my busa by 80mph. its not what i want. i just think some people care to much what other people think of the brand they ride. ride what you want just ride.
vader1.gif

The more bikes that are on the road, the more cagers are aware that we are out there. I am just glad to see more bikes for people to be hyped about. Personally, if someone pulls up next to me on the 14, I will raise my visor and see if he wants to go ride....its always cool to ride with people on bikes that can hang.....as long as the rider is a capable as the bike.:cool:

wow...yet another eye opener concerning the validity of kaws 13.5 being a "Busa Beater", all that and a bag of chips...hell..I just saw some dyno charts where Brock Davidson piped and tuned the 12R and the new 14 and...while the 14 belted out about 10 more ftlbs through the mid?...the 12R still bested it by a couple ponies up top....jeese...only kaw could get beat by it's own deceased bike...talk about shoot'in yerself in the foot!  
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Back