Congrats
beerchug.gif

She looks good
cool.gif

Stickers and reflectors gotta go! [/QUOTE]

I totally agree with that one
biggrin.gif
... So when are you starting the mods JINKSTER

Thanks Folks and Stunnah...no auction...the bike was privately owned...twice...the first owner racked on 581 miles and the 2nd owner took it too 1,600...owner two says owner 1 was claimed to be afraid of the bike...and apparently owner 2 was only twice as brave!!!
laugh.gif
I don't see how people are afraid of this bike. While it has an intimidating amount of power, it's so smooth and easy to use. I can hardly imagine owning any other bike. The Busa is fast, smooth and even comfy on long trips. What more could you ask for?

Congrats!welcome to the board. What did you pay for it if you dont mind?
rock.gif

Thanks Folks...the pleasures all mine!!!
biggrin.gif

nitrousjunkie....

"What did you pay for it if you dont mind?"

Here's where I get "Flammed" but screw it!!!
laugh.gif

I dropped a whopping $8,750 on this particular Busa.

The owner wanted $8,950....I saw a high retail of $8,250 in KBB....I tried to nab it for $8,500 but no dice...and here's why I pulled the trigger anyways....

#1. The fact that the bike only had 1,600 miles on the odo scored huge points with me.

#2. The fact that the bike was "bone stock" also scored huge points with me.

#3. I also felt very comfortable with the purchase since the seller was a middle aged sheriffs deputy with clean title in hand.

#4. The "Pillion Cover" had never been removed from it's original box. (btw...what are those two threaded inserts in there for???)

#5. It came with a color matched "Hayabusa Helmet" that was in as mint condition as the bike and remarkably???....actually fit my head....d@mnit.:laugh:

#6. The bike also included an installed "Merlin2000" alarm system and came with a Busa Tank Bra.

So...for the above reasons???...especially the "Ultra-Low Milage & Bone Stock" parts???...in the end I felt the bike more than worthy of paying a slight premium.

L8R, Bill.:25:

Jinkster&Lloyd, are you guys over on the ZRXOA? I am, Paul_G

Nice Busa.

GMBusa...yes...both Lloyd and I are ZRXOA members but Lloyd still owns his REX and as a matter of fact is a ZRXOA Website Admin..my ZRX fell prey to a minivan a couple years back....when I already owned my FZ1...wound up riding the Fizzy the past few years...till now.
biggrin.gif

I'm hoping to have another ZRX one day along with the Busa.

Hey Bill, it's Paul (PiliFZ1) from FZ1OA. I made the same switch and love it!!. It hurt to trade my '02 Fizz but about 10 seconds into the ride home on the Busa, I was over it
laugh.gif
. As far as ergos, I went the other way....raised the rear an inch....steers a little quicker, and more of a sportbike feel. You're going to love that thing.

By the way, those threaded inserts...maybe the tie down studs? Two go in the tailpiece and two in the grab bar.

Hey Paul!!! LOL!!! Yeah man....

"I made the same switch and love it!!. It hurt to trade my '02 Fizz but about 10 seconds into the ride home on the Busa, I was over it."

My sentiments Exactly!!! LOL!!!

This is hilarious how many of my old ZRX & FZ1 buds I'm running into in BusaLand!!! LOL!!!...And I just got back from my first official ride on the Busa so...I'm extra stoked at the moment!!!
laugh.gif

Red05...(goota get used to your new board name)...here's a pic I just took of those spacers that I have no clue as to where they go or what they do....they were in a sealed clear plastic bag in the box my pillion hump/cover came in...and I was mistaken...(old eyes) they aren't threaded...they are just spacers that are about a 8mm ID x 16mm OD with a 25mm OD flat washer spot welded in three places to the spacers...these....

Busaspacers.jpg

I'm figuring something to do with the pillion cover but exactly what???...I haven't gotta clue.

Nice seeing ya here Red05!!! L8R, Bill.

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111177192 -->

Back