It's "OFFICIAL"..I'm Finally a Busa Owner

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I wanna thank ya'll for your help in anwering my "newbie post questions" cause knowing that all the bugs have been worked out of the Mighty Busa sure helped in my decision making that resulted in this....

A Bone Stock '03 Hayabusa Owned by a Palm Beach County Sheriffs Deputy...till this morning.
biggrin.gif

Busahome.jpg

Matching Busa Helmet Included...

Busa1.jpg

With a Merlin Alarm System installed and....

Busa2.jpg

And still has the showroom floor warning stickers with a Busa Bra...:laugh:

Busastickers.jpg

And a whopping 1,640 miles on the odo....

Busamiles.jpg

He11...She ain't even "Broke In" yet and she's MINE!!!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Okay...
Stickers and reflectors gotta go! Nice ride though. What about the scoot in the back of the truck? That yours too?

Yep...the scoot in the back of the truck is my Black '01 FZ1 that I've had since...well...'01
laugh.gif

Full Yosh, Ivans MB Jet Kit, 138rwhp...It's for sale now.:D

Did you get the bike from an auction???Good deal anyway...Your gonna love it...
evil.gif

Thanks Folks and Stunnah...no auction...the bike was privately owned...twice...the first owner racked on 581 miles and the 2nd owner took it too 1,600...owner two says owner 1 was claimed to be afraid of the bike...and apparently owner 2 was only twice as brave!!!
laugh.gif

Bill! You are gonna love the Busa...Raise tha bars, lower the pegs,lower the bike and get a taller shield, just for starters...:)

HEY!!! IT'S MY OLD ZRX BUD LLOYD!!!
biggrin.gif

Yeah man...I figure I'll be doing a little "ergo tweaking" butchur right Lloyd....I love bikes that puke power and this sucker is like a 2 wheeled locomotive with handlebars!!!
laugh.gif

Dang...Whaddah Small World eh???
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

BIll, I have moved my bars up and back,Touring shield,Lowered front and rear 1 inch,Buell pegs,Tobin seats,led taillamp,tank bra,Power Commander USB,added a fuel filter,frame sliders,Yoshi Tri Oval,Speigler Braided lines,chain and spockets,mirror extenders, and some other stuff..

Lowering the bike is real nice mod, inexpensive also..

look forward to hear what you have to say abou the busa compared to the fz1. im just waiting for some warm weather to get the fz1 out.

superbusaman...I'm not ready to give a full ride report/review yet but I guess I can give an initial summary to the tune of....

My FZ1 is well sorted and modded as I more or less was/am a wildcat shadetree tuner for Ivan's Performance Products and have lots of experince installing such and tuning FZ1's...My personal FZ1 sports a Full Yosh Exhaust w/ Ivans MB (Modified Airbox) Jet Kit slightly tweaked and dyno tuned with a K&N and..1 tooth down up front and one tooth up out back (a 45 tooth R1 Rear Sprocket) for 15/45 vs oem 16/44....my FZ spins the drum at 138rwhp/78ftlbs.....very "quick revving" with an extremely snappy throttle response and throws a zippy party up top with enough acceleration between 7K too redline to herniate your average desk jockey. The FZ1 is sort of like a real fun liter class dirt bike made for the street...but power delivery wise???....The FZ1 in no way compares to the Big Busa....apples and oranges there.
laugh.gif

The FZ may be a slight bit "Nimbler Handling" than the Busa and the stock FZ1 Handlebars give the FZ a Catholic school girl, sit up and beg riding position but...I couldn't stand that crap...especially when cruising at speed....as soon as I slid my butt back a few inches and started to tuck???...the high rise oem handlebar clamps coupled with the cowhorn handlebars made me feel like Kilroy riding hamster style!!!
laugh.gif
(i.e. dorky riding position with hands right next to your ears) sooo...I upgraded to a ZGDB windscreen and then went with suburban S2 handlebars to get myself into a slight crouch forward.

I loved my old ZRX's down low torque....my FZ1 was weaker down low but zippy'er up top...the BUSA is all of both of'em and then some!!!
laugh.gif

Dang...and I was just gonna "summarize"
blush.gif
Sorry.

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: "poor spelling and sentence structure. LOL!!!"|1111032790 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back