It's not a busa, but can ya help??

mudnuri

Registered
I ordered grips for both the busa and my interceptor earlier this week, and they finally arrived....John's got the busa with him at work, so I figured I'd put mine on and see what I thought....well...here in lies the problem.

Left grip- SLICK...sprayed it with some hairspray, and stuck it on...everythings fine...

The right side, the old one came off okay...but when I went to put the new one on, it had a plastic tube inside it...I pulled the tube out, as it was not going to go over the handlebar...no way no how would it have. The white plastic tube on the handlebar doesnt come off...just no way it can. When I went to put the grip on, it slid right on...so now I wonder, was that tube suppose to stay inside the grip? I took his new busa grips, even though they're open ended, and it's the same thing, the tube inside the grip no way would it fit over the plastic handlebar.

Can ya help a chick out?

Brandy

White plastic tube is the throttle.... Maybe the other tube that came with the grip is a new throttle tube or spacer! Did your grips come with glue?

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086395943 -->

HA! It's me again the idiot.....

Well, the grip I put on the right, goes on the left, with the tube still in it...the grip I put on the left, goes on the right.

HAHAHAHA.....no wonder it went way to easy for me....the slid right on ....ha...not anymore they dont, I have the throttle one on 3/4 of the way, John's gonna have to get that one on the rest of the way....thank god they dont require glue!

Brandy

Ya got it.... I should have mentioned the size difference! Your lucky sometimes the diff is very subtle and only on one side of the replacement grip.

Back