Its just the principle of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you sold the guy a bike with a lean on it. You committed the crime of fraud. He has the right to report you to the police for that act alone. He didn't commit any crimes by not sending back the tag. It was just an inconvenience to you.

Now that you fraudulently accepted his money you want to punish him for making you wait for the tag.

Quit being a deuce and send him the title. Karma is NOT on your side.

tag was reported stolen was perfectly fine. Guy took it and refused calls/contact...he stole it. In reality he stole it from the state since a citizen does not technically own their tag anyway. By your logic if i test drive a car and refuse to return it by not answering my phone then the car is never stolen since you left me have it...good luck with your logic.

My 2 cents is that burning the title was not a good idea and will cost you money in the future. HOWEVER, if the other title is in his possession and you and him can worth together to get a lien release statement from the bank, his title could be acceptable for transfer. A duplicate does not render the original void FYI.

Right now if there is no bill of sale and the title is not transferred I would say it would be a mechanics lien or a judgment with one heck of an explanation of stupidity to get a judge to side one way or the other.

So you sold the guy a bike with a lean on it. You committed the crime of fraud. He has the right to report you to the police for that act alone. He didn't commit any crimes by not sending back the tag. It was just an inconvenience to you.

Now that you fraudulently accepted his money you want to punish him for making you wait for the tag.

Quit being a deuce and send him the title. Karma is NOT on your side.

In PA he technically did not sell the bike unless he transferred title OR gave a receipt.

I love self rightous ppl yous just love passing judgement and thinking you are above everyone else.until it happens to you!maybe you can just print out this thread and mail it to him so he can take it to court,you would like that,wouldnt you?

Never said I was mature or had Morals!!! and grown up,I never want to grow up... I stand by what I did.I didnt screw anyone,he screwed himself for being a jerk off,not slacking,he knew exactly what he was doing.

I posted this to see where everyone stands on lieing sh!t talking scumbags

I got a group who thinks like me and says FK 'em and then I got guys who think like me to a certain point then get soft then i got guys who forget and forgive anyone and everyone,that definately isnt me.

but its all good.Im not concerned with court,I know the way and im definately not concerned with him showing up at my front door,he knows the way/
I had my dealer license in AZ.. I have sold a few cars over the years... Selling a car with a lien and then jacking the guy on the title is not just morally wrong, it is illegal... you had issues from the start and now you think you had the right to break the law? honestly, this has happened here before (we usually get the other side however) and the org goes to bat for guys that get screwed around like this... your not having the plate did nothing to hurt you but tweak what appears to be a somewhat hostile attitude... Like I said, I feel bad for you... way too much pent up anger for my blood.. Just surprises me you would admit to all this in a public forum... really, should I add "not to bright" on top of my other thoughts about this transaction?

I agree hand over the title-
Two wrongs never make a right!
A lesson we often teach our kids but have a hard time living out ourselves!

:tiptoe: Listen to your Wife.They're usually right. (God did I just put that in print?)

Don't tell Rebecca.

You're taking it too far Devil. If a crime was comitted that inolved your tag thats one thing, but its probably been sitting on a shelf somewhere. Like Scar said move on :beerchug:

Wow, I cant believe I just read all this...all I can say is tell the doctor its spelled P R O Z A C...get some, take it, and get this guy staitened out on "HIS" bike. Ya know its been my experience thru the years that theres always someone who thinks they are a big bad azz, then there are some who have several friends who "ARE" bad azzes...nobody needs this kinda crap. You or him...WOW this is sad.. Why cant we all just get along?????

I had my dealer license in AZ.. I have sold a few cars over the years... Selling a car with a lien and then jacking the guy on the title is not just morally wrong, it is illegal... you had issues from the start and now you think you had the right to break the law? honestly, this has happened here before (we usually get the other side however) and the org goes to bat for guys that get screwed around like this... your not having the plate did nothing to hurt you but tweak what appears to be a somewhat hostile attitude... Like I said, I feel bad for you... way too much pent up anger for my blood.. Just surprises me you would admit to all this in a public forum... really, should I add "not to bright" on top of my other thoughts about this transaction?
There was a time in my life when I thought I had to fight about everything, everybody was out to screw me, don't look at me wrong or the sh*t hits the fan. But I actually survived my early 20's and grew up. Devil sounds like a young dude with tons of anger, headed down the wrong road in life and looking at LOTS more bad kharma heading his way. The folks around him get to watch somebody self-destruct :laugh: Remember Devil, you live by the sword you die by the sword :;): I've had guns and knives drawn on me too...went to jail for 4th degree assault, and I was an idiot with a bad attitude. Thank god I met a sweet women and grew up or I'd probably be dead or in prison now. Quit f*cking around with the attitude and move on. You'll have a much happier, longer, jail free life :thumbsup:

Depending on the state, the back of the title also has a place to put a dollar amount for the sale. With that and a signed title that's enough for a receipt.
I still don't understand why a bank would permit you to have a title when there is a lein, no matter what you signed (never heard of this). The bike does not belong to you until the lein is satisfied.
Was the title in your name with the bank shown as leinholder? If so, there was no release of lein correct.
If it was just in your name this tells DMV that no lein was on the bike and it had a clear title, when in fact it did not. But there would be no way for them to know and would transfer ownership, that's a whole other can of worms.
This in itself sounds fishy, not on your part DD but on the banks.

There was a time in my life when I thought I had to fight about everything, everybody was out to screw me, don't look at me wrong or the sh*t hits the fan. But I actually survived my early 20's and grew up. Devil sounds like a young dude with tons of anger, headed down the wrong road in life and looking at LOTS more bad kharma heading his way. The folks around him get to watch somebody self-destruct :laugh: Remember Devil, you live by the sword you die by the sword :;): I've had guns and knives drawn on me too...went to jail for 4th degree assault, and I was an idiot with a bad attitude. Thank god I met a sweet women and grew up or I'd probably be dead or in prison now. Quit f*cking around with the attitude and move on. You'll have a much happier, longer, jail free life :thumbsup:
ya know it took a woman to fix my stupid azz too.. :thumbsup:

ya know it took a woman to fix my stupid azz too.. :thumbsup:
She really is an angel for me :thumbsup: She turned me into a whole new person :beerchug: I consider myself VERY fortunate :laugh: My brother went the other way though :banghead: And he's paid and is still paying a dear price for it :unhappy: Life can be a battle or a joy...just depends how you go about living it :;):
Enjoy that lady Biscuit :colgate::tongue::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back