Its just the principle of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDFLEA85

Registered
So as you guys know,I sold my bike back in Sept. the guy that bought it showed up with cash but did try to low ball me ,I wasnt budging and after practically shutting the garage door and telling him enjoy your 2 hr ride back home he suddenly found another $2500 in his pocket...go figure. so I complete the transaction (all cash). the guy asks if he can take the bike with my tag on it and promises o send it back th next day,I reluctantly agree,only because his son was riding it back home (100mi away). I signed the title and away they went. long story short,the tag never came back, I emailed him week after week and no reply, so after the 3rd week I report the tag stolen just to protect my a$$.
I did give him the title but I had $500 left on loan which I held off paying until i got the tag back, which never did come back,

so 5 weeks later this guy sends me about 10 emails and leave 10 messages on my phone about how he wasnt able to title it because there is a lean on it:whistle:

I ask him, WTF is my tag,he says oh,I forgot? BS I sent you emails you never replyed to and its the same email addy you just sent me emails from.
Karma is a *****!!! Funny how when I needed something you didnt give a sh!t but now all of a sudden you need something and you cant get in touch with me fast enough..."go Fk yourself buddy!" "enjoy your bike"

so now he says he will bring the tag first thing in the morning,I tell him too late I already cleared myself from it,Im not interested,then he tells me he's getting a lawyer.I said "go ahead"

so I get a letter from an attorney and it states "I have your tag,I will give it to you when you give me the title"are you serious???????
I call the lawyer and tell him what he is in possesion of is stolen property (my tag) and he can shove it up his ass. then I tell him tell his client I will be more then happy to buy the bike back from him for whatever he put down as purchase price to register!!

the guy never asked for a receipt and I never gave him one,so techniqqly the bike is still titled to me as Ive gotten the dup title after paying off the lean, the title he has is no good.

my wife tells me enough is enough,send him the title,I say FK him,maybe he learned he shouldnt try and FK ppl over who go out of their way to be accomodating

what do you think? should i send the title,did he sweat enough,or should i just trash it and forget about it. Im usually a nice guy and will do anything for anyone but once you FK me,I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire,just the way i am:whistle:

tell him you want 500 for your inconvienece im just being a **** i always lived by the an eye for an eye. tell him its in the mail for another week then mail it
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Take the high road. :beerchug:

Send him the stuff, put it behind you, and remember this lesson (which I'm assuming you've learned). Life's too short; take it from me...I know.

No sense in carting this extra negativity around with you, bro...there're far better things to do with your time and energy.

But...just make sure you learned the lesson. Thanks for passing it along, too. Maybe others of this family can learn from it, as well.

:whistle:

Is a "Tag" in Philadelphia equivalent to a license plate, or is it something else? If he owes you the tag back and it has a monetary value, I'd want it back, as was agreed.

If the tag no longer has a value since it is now "stolen" and you have already replaced it, then you can be the better man and just release the title.

Its sometimes better not to stir the pot with strangers, who knows their mental stability.

I'd suggest wiping your hands of the matter and moving forward.

Take the high road. :beerchug:

Send him the stuff, put it behind you, and remember this lesson (which I'm assuming you've learned). Life's too short; take it from me...I know.

No sense in carting this extra negativity around with you, bro...there're far better things to do with your time and energy.

But...just make sure you learned the lesson. Thanks for passing it along, too. Maybe others of this family can learn from it, as well.

:whistle:
I'm with Scar on this one. Although I do not disagree with smacking an idiot around a little, I am hoping he learned not to mess with people like that. Maybe it was a lesson learned. If not, you know who not to deal with next time.

Stupid question....what is this tag you speak of? Apparently we don't have to deal with that in Washington state. You give the seller the money, he gives you the keys and signs the hopefully clean title and everyone is happy. A quick trip to the department of licensing and your good to go.

DD I know the Guy was a AZZ HAT but man I say just give the man the title in exchange for the tag and be done with the transaction bro get this off your plate for the holiday season man and focus on the Family :beerchug:

OMG, I love you man. F_ck him. Make him sweat it out a little longer. I am soo sick of people trying to screw someone over. You are a smart man... You screw me over, I will screw you over back ten times.
I dont f_ck no one. Karma will certainly get you back.
Great job! :beerchug: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I say meet him to give him the title then kick him in the nutz. It will make you feel better.:rofl:

df940321.jpg

Last edited:
Be done with it and send it to him, wash your hands and enjoy life and nothing to remind you of it.. JMHO..

Stupid question....what is this tag you speak of? Apparently we don't have to deal with that in Washington state. You give the seller the money, he gives you the keys and signs the hopefully clean title and everyone is happy. A quick trip to the department of licensing and your good to go.

Adam (WingDing): License Plates are referred to as "Tags" in other parts of the country. Wow...now we have two lessons going here...

:laugh:

What a mess. How did you give him the title the first time? I did not recieve the title for my busa until the loan was paid in full. Anyhow this guy seems to be a total moron I would do what Scar said, I know it's not easy but lesson learned. It just sucks because this guy just made it harder for the next guy you decide to do business with. Just remember there are a few of us stand up people left out here and that bad a## busa you sold him deserved a better home. Just thought of one thing you could do, post his e-mail addy so we can all tell him what we think of him! :beerchug:

if he paid for it, it's time to give it to him IMO...you made him sweat and as others have stated, hopefully he has learned his lesson...next time, don't let him have the tag, if i remember correctly, you have several days after buying a vehicle that you can ride it without the tag as long as you have the paperwork with you...he could have got it home and taken care of his business without your tag...just my :2cents:

Well, in PA you covered your butt on the tag. Its stolen as of right now.

Now, legally you own the bike if its in your name but the guy is a real genius if he's been this trusting...I would make him sweat purely because of the lawyer b/s.

Curious, how did you get a title with a loan on it? I am guessing you bought the bike used and had a lien put againist it? If it was bought new, most of the time in PA, a title isn't sent(it actually doesn't even exist on paper!!!) unless it clears the bank and its issued clear.

I would clear the bike, and make the jerk drive the 2 hrs to come get it. That's my personal opinion.

if he paid for it, it's time to give it to him IMO...you made him sweat and as others have stated, hopefully he has learned his lesson...next time, don't let him have the tag, if i remember correctly, you have several days after buying a vehicle that you can ride it without the tag as long as you have the paperwork with you...he could have got it home and taken care of his business without your tag...just my :2cents:

not in PA....bike must be titled and insured to hit the road from day one. And its a big deal with decent fines if you get caught without tags and or insurance.

I would take care of it right away. The bike and tag are in your name and if he does anything illegal or even worse you would be held responsible. Now that doesn't sound too good does it. I would go take care of it right now before he does something stupid on the bike.

Oh Lordy, talk about dumb and dumber! This guy who purchased the bike is not playing with a full deck. Anyone who would give a perfect stranger a handful of cash, no reciept and no title has just a wee bit of vacant air space between the ears. Then for the fella who took the cash to play fook fook with a character who has proven himself as unstable is also in need of a few session on the sofa with the man with a bow tie, wide rim glasses and a note pad.

If I were you, I'd put motion dectors around my house and tie up a pit bull on my front porch if you intend to keep playing with this guy "Over Principle". I'd say the wise thing would be to do whatever it takes to keep this guy out of your county! Keep in mind, the guy knows where you live. It would be a shame to get a phone call at work that your house has just burned to the ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back