It's gettin hot in here!!

MST1TED

Registered
It's starting to get hot and I see all these people young and old riding around with shorts tank tops & flipflops wtf come on people get some gear and wear it. For those who don't wear gear here is my gear from about two years ago 30 mph impact. just think that could be your skin. Hit by a older woman about six blocks from my house.

102_3089.jpg

102_3104.jpg

102_3105.jpg

Yup When I first started riding the basic rule was not what happens "if" you wreck, it was "when" you wreck. Now I don't wish for anyone to wreck but it's an assumption of risk we take for the thing we love.

Your gear is the best insurance $$$ can buy, I've seen lots of guy's walk away from a bad crash with the right gear....including myself.

amen bro my buddy has an 07 vulcan 900 his wife got a little upset w/me cause i told her if they were going to Eureka w/us she had to wear jeans and helmet at least well 2 or 3 miles into the switchbacks they go off the side of the hill luckily they were'nt hurt nor the bike just some scratches n bruises but without the jeans and lid it would have been much worse later i asked her are'nt you glad i insisted on jeans and helmet she said yes as she was looking at her very abused right pant leg and scraped visor

It just saved my A$$. I won't ride w/ out it. I have ridden in full
non-perforated leathers in 105 degrees.

My gear is all on when the bike leaves the driveway. ALWAYS!

I shamed my wing man into a jacket, boots and gloves. Working on the rest. :laugh:

I always have my gear on. The worst is when you see a guy in all his gear, and a girl on the back in flip flops, short shorts, and a short top, just asking for a skin graph

???

I live in the south and I see it all the time. Guy riding with shorts on. I have even seen some guys ride with no shirt on. That is crazy. I ride with my jacket, gloves, and helmet on at least. I am working on the pants. I have some but have yet to use them. :whistle:

dont let anyone kid you.. jeans are not much better than shorts... (unless you fall of going 2 or 3 mph..)

I see that a lot here in South Florida, NO GEAR. The rider has no gear on at all, and the girl friend on the back of the bike is in her freaking bathing suit?? And yes, its hot here, but your life is more important,then showing off your @assets.. ???No?? I just don't understand.. Many times I just want to stop and shake the Chit out of them,and tell them WHAT IF?? But you can't say anything.. It makes me sick to see them doing 100mph on I-95 here with no gear on.. I just want to go off on them,but you cant.. If they only knew..???If they only knew how their family and friends would feel if something happened! But I guess that's not important to the rider..Anyway,great thread,and I hope it helps out any rider who reads it,Org member or not. Later..

It's starting to get hot and I see all these people young and old riding around with shorts tank tops & flipflops wtf come on people get some gear and wear it. For those who don't wear gear here is my gear from about two years ago 30 mph impact. just think that could be your skin. Hit by a older woman about six blocks from my house.
GOOD thread rider.. Thank you...

Back