It's gettin hot in here!!

Full gear here all the time.

Still see some young pups and the odd 'older and should know better but I want to feel freee!' types without jackets and gloves (helmets are mandatory here) but hey, stupid and un-caring seems to be a lifestyle choice.

Full gear here all the time.

Still see some young pups and the odd 'older and should know better but I want to feel freee!' types without jackets and gloves (helmets are mandatory here) but hey, stupid and un-caring seems to be a lifestyle choice.
HI rider, I agree its about choice,but how FREE will they FEEL when they are 6''ft under.? And the riders family and friends are just filled with grief?? Its just a really poor choice,and I know we all have them..But, *&^( wear your gear.. Anyway..... A SAFE RIDER IS BETTER THEN NO RIDER ! WEAR THE GEAR...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::rulez::rulez::rulez::rulez:

id have to admit =/... im guilty of this.. I do ride in shorts from work to home (20 blocks down the hill)...and yes i know its bad!!! but any freeway riding i go full gear.

I think about 75% of the riders out there have a bike for the "image". They just want to be seen as "cool". I saw a man on a Harley yesterday in shorts and flip-flops getting on the interstate.

id have to admit =/... im guilty of this.. I do ride in shorts from work to home (20 blocks down the hill)...and yes i know its bad!!! but any freeway riding i go full gear.
:rulez:Always wear you're gear..:deadhorse: They say a lot of accidents happen in less then 5 miles of the persons home..:poke: TonyMastodon,wear your gear. ;) Ride safe..

I think about 75% of the riders out there have a bike for the "image". They just want to be seen as "cool". I saw a man on a Harley yesterday in shorts and flip-flops getting on the interstate.
Hi rider, 75% is a lot..those 75% must not be Org members. I'm a new member here, I'm a woman, don't ride, but just reading the threads of other members here, and seeing the pics they post, they all seem to be safe"image"riders with gear on.. and they even look great with the gear on.. I would love to show that 75% what happens even with gear in a crash at 100mph. It pays to ride safe, and if any of the 75% of the riders are visiting the org,and are reading this,or have questions about gear, ask them. Its not a stupid question. So many riders here that will help with advice about gear..So if you are that 75% who ride with no gear:deadhorse: PUT YOU'RE:banghead:GEAR ON... Please...

It's starting to get hot and I see all these people young and old riding around with shorts tank tops & flipflops wtf come on people get some gear and wear it. For those who don't wear gear here is my gear from about two years ago 30 mph impact. just think that could be your skin. Hit by a older woman about six blocks from my house.

Have to agree with you. I had a similar looking helmet 20 years back, with no one to blame but myself. If you hadn't had that helmet on, you probably couldn't write what you did. Skulls pop open pretty easily.

And flip flops in shorts? You gotta be kidding. On a parked busa, just ridden, one misstep, and you will be leaving a lot of skin on the exhaust.

Hi rider, 75% is a lot..those 75% must not be Org members. I'm a new member here, I'm a woman, don't ride, but just reading the threads of other members here, and seeing the pics they post, they all seem to be safe"image"riders with gear on.. and they even look great with the gear on.. I would love to show that 75% what happens even with gear in a crash at 100mph. It pays to ride safe, and if any of the 75% of the riders are visiting the org,and are reading this,or have questions about gear, ask them. Its not a stupid question. So many riders here that will help with advice about gear..So if you are that 75% who ride with no gear:deadhorse: PUT YOU'RE:banghead:GEAR ON... Please...

You are certainly welcome, so don't take this the wrong way. I'm just curious why someone who didn't ride would be interested in H.org. Your advice is spot on.

FloydV, Hey, Nahh, no harm done.. I'm a tuff lady.. I'm here because I lost my only son on the busa.I'm here because he cant be.I'm here because my son would have loved this Org,and befriended all of you. I'm here because the Org was here for me at that time..I'm here because its a wounderful Org with great folks. I'm here because a member put my son in the Fallen riders thread. I'm here to help out in anyway the Org needs me too.I'm here to help lift spririts when needed, I'm here cause I want to help and be part of this great family. I'm here to carry on the love for the busa my son had..I'm also here to be your friend.. I'm not here to harm anyone.. I'm here because I have moved on with my life and this Org is apart of it.. So cheers to my new 20th friend, FLOYD V..:beerchug::beerchug:

Most of us prefer to wear some type of gear but we do live in the land of the free. Freedom of choice and I support people's right to that choice. IF it was mandated to wear full gear there would be an outcry of "the man" forcing us to do something, whether it's safe or not. Look at the big fuss about seat belts. I prefer people wearing seat belts to keep them in place in a collision instead of winding up in the back seat while a vehicle is traveling out of control. But some people refuse to wear seatbelts. My $0.02 worth, for what it's worth! :whistle:

This week I have been wearing shorts, riding jacket,helmet, and gloves. I usually where pants, but here in Florida when you work in a shop, its too hot for pants.

FloydV, Hey, Nahh, no harm done.. I'm a tuff lady.. I'm here because I lost my only son on the busa.I'm here because he cant be.I'm here because my son would have loved this Org,and befriended all of you. I'm here because the Org was here for me at that time..I'm here because its a wounderful Org with great folks. I'm here because a member put my son in the Fallen riders thread. I'm here to help out in anyway the Org needs me too.I'm here to help lift spririts when needed, I'm here cause I want to help and be part of this great family. I'm here to carry on the love for the busa my son had..I'm also here to be your friend.. I'm not here to harm anyone.. I'm here because I have moved on with my life and this Org is apart of it.. So cheers to my new 20th friend, FLOYD V..:beerchug::beerchug:

You remind me of my own mother who has been trying to accept the lose of her own son and my brother who was killed four years ago now by a drunk driver. This happend a week before his highschool graduation. She still goes to the crash sight on his birthday,christmas and anytime she just needs to think to lay flowers or ballons you know. Thanks for your support I value your opinion anytime. I never even told my mom I went down didn't want her to worry.

R.I.P Tyler,

Most of us prefer to wear some type of gear but we do live in the land of the free. Freedom of choice and I support people's right to that choice. IF it was mandated to wear full gear there would be an outcry of "the man" forcing us to do something, whether it's safe or not. Look at the big fuss about seat belts. I prefer people wearing seat belts to keep them in place in a collision instead of winding up in the back seat while a vehicle is traveling out of control. But some people refuse to wear seatbelts. My $0.02 worth, for what it's worth! :whistle:
Yep,its your choice...Thanks for your 2cents. Ride safe...

You remind me of my own mother who has been trying to accept the lose of her own son and my brother who was killed four years ago now by a drunk driver. This happend a week before his highschool graduation. She still goes to the crash sight on his birthday,christmas and anytime she just needs to think to lay flowers or ballons you know. Thanks for your support I value your opinion anytime. I never even told my mom I went down didn't want her to worry.

R.I.P Tyler,
Thank you, Tyler... Ride safe

i ride most of the time in a t shirt and dickie work shorts i always wear glove and a helmet and shoes. i have full leathers and boots and gloves. but i wear them when i go hit the twisties and the drag strip. i know that i should always wear my gear . its just a pain to get on to go to the store. its like they say to be free you cant be safe and to be safe you cant be free. busamom glad your hear . it takes alot to love the things that cause us so much pain...

i ride most of the time in a t shirt and dickie work shorts i always wear glove and a helmet and shoes. i have full leathers and boots and gloves. but i wear them when i go hit the twisties and the drag strip. i know that i should always wear my gear . its just a pain to get on to go to the store. its like they say to be free you cant be safe and to be safe you cant be free. busamom glad your hear . it takes alot to love the things that cause us so much pain...
Hey. thanks you,and I'm so glad to be here.. Its your choice.. Ride safe big guy, and cheers to another new bud...:beerchug::beerchug:

GREAT POINT.. Thank you rider..:bowdown::bowdown:

Too hot to ride ????.........."NEVER"....if you got the bucks for a Busa, you better have the bucks for your year-round collection of protective gear....

Summer: Mesh, Ventilated Textile, Perforated Leather, Wet-Vest
Fall and Spring: Perforated and Non-Perforated Leather or Armored-Textile.
Winter: Non-Perforated Leather, Goretex / D-Dry, or Cordura (Heavy) One-Piece with Insulation for below zero wind chill........

Get shoppin' kids.... :oldcool:

I think we should have a STICKY THREAD made up of photos and videos showing crash damage to gear and bodies. Newbies and non-believers can take a look at first hand results of crashes and spills of all kinds and see what the long and short term effects are.

Personally, I am having a very hard time getting the image out of my mind of that newbie with the freakin hole in his knee after he ran into the bike in front of him on the group ride. That was very sobering to say the least.

:2cents:

Back