It's crazy who you'll meet and where you'll meet them

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
Earlier this week I happened to be in Las Vegas to attend a shooting class on Monday & Tuesday. I arrived Saturday night and was going to take Sunday for some personal time to get away, go hiking, take some pics and use/abuse my rented 4WD Ford Explorer.

I headed westward on Highway 160 and at the last gas station before the twisty bits I stopped to get a coke to drink.

I spotted this gorgeous black Busa and was immediately confused. It had the SUZUKI sticker on the tank like an 04 but the color scheme didn't match the year. It had aftermarket pipes and obviously some other work done on it. In the end it turned out to be an 07 with a paint job and new decals.

I went inside, got my coke and on the way out the owner was standing next to it. I approached and we started talking bikes and such and after a little while we got around to, "So, are you on the .org?"

I forgot PADEROLIS lives in Vegas and it was him and his buddy Mel!

I asked Mel to get a pic of us with my iphone but of course the stupid phone didn't take the picture and I didn't think to check so I drove away pictureless.

Thanks to the awesome power of the org I was able to meet a kindred spirit in the middle of nowhere.

Here's a pic I took to make up for not having a picture of us.

nvtree.jpg

<end of story>

I met him 2 years ago in Vegas, Paderolis is a super nice guy, paid for me and the wife's supper along with 2 other org members meals. I owe him a meal, I am going to Vegas next month I need to get ahold of him, my time to buy:thumbsup:

A while back I got off at the wrong exit and stopped to get a soda from a gas station. Saw a familiar very orange busa and it was Amode's. Near home though so not as fun as Vegas lol.

he's like Bigfoot...few seen 'em no ones got a picture:rofl::rofl:

great story :beerchug: too bad there isn't a pic to go with it :poke: :laugh:

Paderolis is one of the nicest guys I ever met. He even loaned me a saddle bag for a weekend trip I took. :bowdown:

Back