It's almost time...

I would love to pick up a Road King on the cheap....

Yeah, that's when I plan on buying another Street Glide. Hopefully it works out for me. :thumbsup:

I don't get it...not knocking Harley necessarily, but why is HD attractive? It's dated technology, at a higher price than other comparable (many might say superior) bikes.
ie why a Road King instead of, say, a Wing, or even a dressed M-109, or a VTX1800? Much more bike for much less money. Or am I missing something?

I've always had an attraction to HD, but every time I take a test ride, then compare to other bikes, I wind up srtiking HD from my list. There's no denying their popularity or market share. It's just that I don't understand it. Must be the culture thing, huh?

CW

I don't get it...not knocking Harley necessarily, but why is HD attractive? It's dated technology, at a higher price than other comparable (many might say superior) bikes.
ie why a Road King instead of, say, a Wing, or even a dressed M-109, or a VTX1800? Much more bike for much less money. Or am I missing something?

I've always had an attraction to HD, but every time I take a test ride, then compare to other bikes, I wind up srtiking HD from my list. There's no denying their popularity or market share. It's just that I don't understand it. Must be the culture thing, huh?

CW

you always want something you don't have... i want the v-rod it's not as bad as the other harley's...

CW
Ditto that! Why wouldn't a person looking for a great touring machine look at something much more reliable, less costly and much more powerful; like as an example, the Honda Gold Wing? According to Cycle World, the 'wing again took top honors as the best touring bike out there!!!

yeah i do NOT get it at all..

Thats like saying oh.. Hyosung is going out of business..lets buy one!

Its still a cheap copy of a real motorcycle..and harley of the 50's and harley today are NOT the same motor company.

The only reason I would buy a Harley would be to support a product Made in America. Besides Harleys have come a long way since the 80's. Also the only dated technology on most of the Harleys is its air cooled block and heads. Most now use modern efi and ignition systems.

The only reason I would buy a Harley would be to support a product Made in America. Besides Harleys have come a long way since the 80's. Also the only dated technology on most of the Harleys is its air cooled block and heads. Most now use modern efi and ignition systems.

Harley indeed has come a long way. However, the Harley V-twin performance capability remains a far cry from other V-twins such as the Victory, M-109, or VTX, and fall even shorter from the marks set by other touring engine configurations available in Metric bikes. I recently test rode a V-Rod Muscle, and it was a nice bike. But for the price, I could have purchased TWO 'Busas ($22,000 vs $11,000). And the performance isn't even close. And the Road King I test rode two weeks ago, while a nice bike, was very close in performance and comfort to my VTX1300 - which costs 1/3 as much ($8,000 vs. $24,000). Actually, I liked my 1300 better, but that may have been simply because of the familiarity factor.

CW

how are you supporting American??? Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and even Ducati probably employ more people in this country than Harley. Harley sells t shirts, not motorcycles.. the cyce is just so the t shirt makes sense.. and they use parts from Japan.

:poke:buddie of mine runs a 08 busa's and he was saying the samething that he should beable to get a good deal on a harley so we go out LQQKING with his wife and a few other buddies who ride and he finds a 2009 fat bob and buys it new which is the same as a dyna he now has 6,000ths miles on it and he has all kind of different oil leaks so we take it back to the dealer and the service writer tells him that all harleys leak oil and ever 700 miles you should re-torque the engine out side bolts because the come lose from viberation not me ill stay with my busa's no leaks and i know it will get me there and back with out running out of oil so i guess the deal is a cheaper harley and lots of oil leaks i was woundering do they sell a oil kit with the bike when you buy it and do they tell you all harleys leak oil after some miles are put on it , ??????????????

Last edited:
Didnt HD just buy MV? I wonder if they started to sell those if they would start making money because those are some beautiful bikes!

How many of the parts are made in China:whistle: :laugh:

I will give them this Harley's got style some the nice's looking bikes out there. I wouldn't trade one for Goldwing though.

just went to the local honda dealer and saw the new goldwing..my god when i get old im gonna be spoiled!

Those wings are so nice! I just wouldnt feel right being 22 years old riding one lol but when I am 80 (if it make it to 80) I will be riding one!

Back