It's almost MILLER TIME!!!!!!!

Warchild

Banned
This will be the third consecutive year that my daughter Lauryn and I have made the trek to Miller Motorsports Park to watch World Superbike races:

And for the third consecutive year, she will be riding her mighty, mighty Kawasaki Ninja, and I'll be on the crusty old warhorse:

Sadly enough, the weather is once again looking uncooperative, at least for the 700-mile ride down, and the first two days of qualifying. I wish the WSB schedule would allow this race to happen just a few weeks later at Miller, because frequently, the northern Utah inter-mountain weather in the late spring can be very problematic. When it's nice at Miller Motorsports Park, well.... it is definitely the place to be:

Utah1021.JPG

But it's not always the case, given the up/down late spring weather there in northern Utah. For example, here is daughter and myself on the actual race day at Miller last year... just look how low these snow levels are! :banghead:

Wish us good fortune on the weather... we depart at midnight, temps in the low 40's. The forecast calls for rain... for the entire route.

Gotta love 700+ miles of rain-riding on a sport-bike..... pretty sweet deal... :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck on the trip, hope the bad weather stays away and you have a great time together :beerchug:

Good luck and stay safe.

Better have her ride in front. She's purdy and may get snatched up by some young buck :)

its just awsome to see such a bond with your daughter. Makes me wish i have a daughter (or son) to form such a bond.

Warchild I really enjoy watching pics. And reading threads about you and your daughter! You guys have a great relationship. I can probably be your son Because, she looks my age But, i hope when I have my kids I can build such a strong bond as you 2 have.! Hope you have fun and a safe trip!!!

It's memories like these that you both will carry throughout your days, very happy for you both.

I really enjoyed watching these races this past weekend.

Back