Its almost christmas again...

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
So what items do you think are going to be the hard to get ones this year? It seams that every year there is at least one item that is next to impossible to get at christmas, the one everyone goes crazy for. You all know what I am talking about so lets throw some ideas out there to see whats hot.

I will start it off...

Of course like the xbox 360 last year, the PS3 will definatly be hard to get.

11471607172.jpg

(bitabur @ Oct. 17 2006,04:42) The zune.... microsoft's answer to the ipod.  Being released mid november:
Wow i need to stop working so much, I havent even heard about that yet. I have been thinking about an ipod video but I will hold off and see what this has in store.

the new laughing Elmo doll (already heard of grown men fighting over this in stores)
all_coholic.gif
SHOCKED.gif

(bitabur @ Oct. 17 2006,05:42) The zune.... microsoft's answer to the ipod. Being released mid november:

Zune.jpg
zune = doomed .....

typical MS BS.....completely incompatible with any other service and file types.

just more proprietary crap.
we already have that type of junk from applesauce...
the new service for that won't even include backwards compatibility for existing MS endorsed products.

a real 'batwing' move! ....(reference the movie Waiting for explanation)

sorry i mis read. but it was something that i thought would be hard to get this year.
coffee.gif

(BusaCruise @ Oct. 17 2006,17:34)
(bitabur @ Oct. 17 2006,05:42) The zune.... microsoft's answer to the ipod.  Being released mid november:

Zune.jpg
zune = doomed .....

typical MS BS.....completely incompatible with any other service and file types.

just more proprietary crap.
we already have that type of junk from applesauce...
the new service for that won't even include backwards compatibility for existing MS endorsed products.

a real 'batwing' move! ....(reference the movie Waiting for explanation)
I'm not sure what you know about the zune... but I'm looking forward to it.  The ipod video will only play videos that are converted to its own format...

The zune has Wi-Fi to share songs with other zune's, has an FM radio reciever built into it, and supports the following filetypes:
WMA, MP3, AAC, JPEG,WMV, MPEG-4, H.264.
Most videos and audio formats are included in that list.

It also has a larger screen than the ipod...

(bitabur @ Oct. 17 2006,20:52) I'm not sure what you know about the zune... but I'm looking forward to it. The ipod video will only play videos that are converted to its own format...

The zune has Wi-Fi to share songs with other zune's, has an FM radio reciever built into it, and supports the following filetypes:
WMA, MP3, AAC, JPEG,WMV, MPEG-4, H.264.
Most videos and audio formats are included in that list.

It also has a larger screen than the ipod...
...but on the downside...

It's from Microsoft.

Portable XM radio to mount on the bike. Just bought byself front and rear sprockets and new chain for an early present. Working on gettin a full system high mount HMF w/ PC

I have seen 2 tech shows and a USA Today that all claim major disappointment.

the problem isn'as much MS's fault as it is the crap RIAA has stirred in the past 5 years.

Here's a snippet...and it will get worse...alot worse before it gets better.

The Zune, the Creative Commons, and the DRM
17 September 2006

Microsoft announced this week its forthcoming iPod knockoff, the Zune. (The name alone may be enough to sink it in the marketplace.) The advertising pitch seems to be that your Zune will explode and set you on fire. The single big innovation seems to be wireless sharing: if you and another Zune user are nearby in meatspace, you can send them a music file, which will then play on their Zune. It’s like iPodjacking, but without wires, or like toothing, except that it involves music. (Like toothing, it has yet to be shown to exist.)

There’s a catch, though. (There’s always a catch with Microsoft.) Your Zune-enabled friend of convenience can only listen to the file three times, and must do so within three days. After that, the DRM in which Microsoft wraps everything that goes on a Zune will kick in and disable access. (Presumably, this is the price that Microsoft had to pay to get the music industry to go along with wireless sharing.) The Zunes involved will do this regardless of whether the song is copyrighted or whether it’s free for redistribution under, say, a Creative Commons license. In the words of one insider:[/Quote]

(BusaCruise @ Oct. 18 2006,04:18) I have seen 2 tech shows and a USA Today that all claim major disappointment.

the problem isn'as much MS's fault as it is the crap RIAA has stirred in the past 5 years.

Here's a snippet...and it will get worse...alot worse before it gets better.

The Zune, the Creative Commons, and the DRM
17 September 2006

Microsoft announced this week its forthcoming iPod knockoff, the Zune. (The name alone may be enough to sink it in the marketplace.) The advertising pitch seems to be that your Zune will explode and set you on fire. The single big innovation seems to be wireless sharing: if you and another Zune user are nearby in meatspace, you can send them a music file, which will then play on their Zune. It’s like iPodjacking, but without wires, or like toothing, except that it involves music. (Like toothing, it has yet to be shown to exist.)

There’s a catch, though. (There’s always a catch with Microsoft.) Your Zune-enabled friend of convenience can only listen to the file three times, and must do so within three days. After that, the DRM in which Microsoft wraps everything that goes on a Zune will kick in and disable access. (Presumably, this is the price that Microsoft had to pay to get the music industry to go along with wireless sharing.) The Zunes involved will do this regardless of whether the song is copyrighted or whether it’s free for redistribution under, say, a Creative Commons license. In the words of one insider:
[/Quote]
There are some good hackers out there so give them a couple weeks to fine a way around it.

christmas? Hell, I'm still tryin to figure out what I want for dinner on Thanksgiving.
rock.gif

Back