It's about that time....

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
With the introduction of the Gen2 busa came a whole new crowd among the regulars. That brought change to the Busa boards, some welcome some unwanted. I noticed alot more attitude among the newbies. You had to expect it, you get the status seekers(posers), riders and racers. There's some decent people in the mix and the idiots are usually weeded out.

Well, that new busa ain't so new anymore. New bikes are coming out with bigger and better offerings and the masses will flock. Your gonna start seeing people that have joined in the last year or two selling off their busa's and our herd is gonna thin somewhat. This is good though...as it usually brings out a better crowd.

I've seen it before, sit back with your coke and some popcorn and watch it all happen. :popcorn::drink:

With the introduction of the Gen2 busa came a whole new crowd among the regulars. That brought change to the Busa boards, some welcome some unwanted. I noticed alot more attitude among the newbies. You had to expect it, you get the status seekers(posers), riders and racers. There's some decent people in the mix and the idiots are usually weeded out.

Well, that new busa ain't so new anymore. New bikes are coming out with bigger and better offerings and the masses will flock. Your gonna start seeing people that have joined in the last year or two selling off their busa's and our herd is gonna thin somewhat. This is good though...as it usually brings out a better crowd.

I've seen it before, sit back with your coke and some popcorn and watch it all happen. :popcorn::drink:

I suspect the R1 forums are going to die off somewhat, too, now that Rossi has defected to Ducati.

A little more heated discussions over the last few months than I normally see. I hate to say it, but I'll probably be giving up my Busa for a 1 thousand of some kind in the next year or so, unless a new Busa comes along. If I can get the same amount of power with a lot less weight........why not ?

A little more heated discussions over the last few months than I normally see. I hate to say it, but I'll probably be giving up my Busa for a 1 thousand of some kind in the next year or so, unless a new Busa comes along. If I can get the same amount of power with a lot less weight........why not ?

Cause a 1000 is uncomfortable... If your gonna just ride around town or the track maybe but if your going to do any long hauls then the busa stays..

Cause a 1000 is uncomfortable... If your gonna just ride around town or the track maybe but if your going to do any long hauls then the busa stays..

Agreed!

Also, these new litrebikes may have a ton of power, but how is it delivered? Do you have to have the engine constantly at 13,000rpm, or does it just have great power at any point in the rev range? I bet I know which is the case...
I like the fact that I can have great power anywhere, at any time. The Busa's engine is very forgiving.

Paul you've seen it before, lots of new faces, I just added up 2010's new member count and came up with 2906 this year... However I will say that 200 of those are from people that "Hated this place" and left and tried to come back. Its amazing to me how people that make a public goodbye, the "Oh so dramatic" exit then create a new account the next day like we can't see it...

either way 2700 new faces, lots of new folks and lots of questions.....

Welcome to the new members...

cap

i have been without a busa a few times and always stayed in the board becuase of the people here.. no were else youget what CAP has here.. :thumbsup:

Paul you've seen it before, lots of new faces, I just added up 2010's new member count and came up with 2906 this year... However I will say that 200 of those are from people that "Hated this place" and left and tried to come back. Its amazing to me how people that make a public goodbye, the "Oh so dramatic" exit then create a new account the next day like we can't see it...

either way 2700 new faces, lots of new folks and lots of questions.....

Welcome to the new members...

cap

I guess the didn't hate the site after all...
They just realize how great this site really is.:laugh:

An astute opening post.

I had a K6 GSXR1000 - the best of the modern Suzuki 1000cc bikes.

I have also had about an hour on the current big dawg - the S1000RR.

Wonderful, light. But no comparison to the Hammer of Hamamatsu.

As I said somewhere else, I have owned lots of big bore road bikes. The Bus is the best, by far.

There is no other engine like it in motorcycling.

:beerchug:

I smile every time I go out in the garage.

If people only own a Bus for bragging rights, then they should sell it.

I figure if someone wants to leave they just go. The people posting about leaving just want attention. I like the Busa and people here, heck, I don't even have a bike now but I still hangout. I posted this thread because I'm seeing alot of bikes going up forsale lately.

I suspect the R1 forums are going to die off somewhat, too, now that Rossi has defected to Ducati.

Possibly. Though I would love to own a new R1 with a nice set of pipes on it. That bike's sound is amazing! Love it.

I joined this year prior to purchasing a new 09 busa. I found this site to be invaluable, And thank all the "vetran" busa owners for giving me the knowledge I could not find anywhere else.:bowdown: I had the opportunity to purchase a new BMW but chose the busa for all the reasons you already know. I have just over 2k miles on it now and dont regret my decision. Dont under estimate the number of people out there that buy bikes because of how "cool" it makes them. Many of them found themselves here Because the Hayabusa was the "coolest" bike on the planet for over 10 years. Many of those people will leave and buy the next greatest thing. That will leave the people with a true passion for the GSX1300R here!:thumbsup: After all its about the passion for riding I truly love. So I chose the bike that fulfills that desire the best for me! ....and to the rest of you,:moon:....:rofl:

Possibly. Though I would love to own a new R1 with a nice set of pipes on it. That bike's sound is amazing! Love it.

Mmmmm, yes. I had a ride on an '09 R1 today, with a set of Akrapovic cans. Man, that thing sounded great and handled like crazy! Much better than the Busa, IMO.

End of the day its what every individual wants,looks,power,stability,comfort,sound,handling and the list goes on.For sure even till today's techology you cant get a bike that have everything that you want in it.You will gain some and loose some.But best to discuss,ask for advice and think it through thouroughly before buying.If not live to regret.To each of its own.Till today i still love my black beast,riding it for the past 6 years and its my first big bike.Went to Thailand and Malaysia for many nice trips and bike weeks.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
well, i guess i like this place ok and figure i might just stick around :laugh: the problem children always find a way to weed themselves out or get weeded out (you're welcome very much :thumbsup:) and the good ones are left to clean up the pieces...i've made some great friends here and have many wonderful memories already, can't wait to see what this next year brings :beerchug:

Reeaallyy love my Busa,

No matter what bikes will be produced now or in the future, and it want matter in 20 , 30 or 100 years, those kings of speed will always be compared to the "Original King of Speed", The Hayabusa, in paticular the 2008, Orange/Black.:thumbsup:

Well said!

Im new here as of march.. I love this site. Im 28 and I love the older wiser adults here.. no attitude. everytime I have a question you guys are always quick to answer.. so I say good weed out the idiots.. joining this site is the site was the second best thing I did other than buying my busa..when I bought it used the guy told me about this site.. to to me Busa and this site go hand in hand..

Thank you orgsters :beerchug::beerchug::bowdown::bowdown:

People could always do what I did. Keep the busa and get an R1 or other liter bike.

Wont get rid of the busa because its an amazing bike. comfortable and powerful. I really only use the R1 if im not going out for very long, maybe for a bike night.

Bikes really arent that expensive to own 2. Instead of buying that new car, get a used one and a bike or two ;)

Theres fast. And theres fast and comfortable. Ill take fast and comfortable over a few more hp any day.

Back