Its 2019, isnt there something better than a airshifter

I was just joking with you buddy. I was just like you but when the health issues started to impact "Busa time" I started to "open my mind". What I love about the Busa is it was sort of like a superhero suit. When I got on I was instantly switched into aggressive mode and I felt like I was 35. I felt like I needed to have a smoke when I was done with a ride. Funny thing is as long as I was on the bike I was 35 even if I rode for 8-10 hours at a time. But when I got off I was 57 again and had to deal with the pain and stiffness. That's why I bought the BMW. I thought 160 hp wasn't so far from 190 hp, maybe it was a touring bike that had the Busa magic. Not so, nothing is a Busa.

Strongly Agree bro.
Αnd also has a soul and a strong character,something that Japanese motorbikes do not often have.

IMG_1459 (2).jpg

Strongly Agree bro.
Αnd also has a soul and a strong character,something that Japanese motorbikes do not often have.

View attachment 1597786

I have found many Suzuki motorcycles over the years have had a very strong "cult like" following.

I found this when on the Katana forums (old Katanas), they still love those bikes, the Gixxers have a very strong following and strangely enough, my Bandit has a very strong following...now the Busa-very strong following.

I have found many Suzuki motorcycles over the years have had a very strong "cult like" following.

I found this when on the Katana forums (old Katanas), they still love those bikes, the Gixxers have a very strong following and strangely enough, my Bandit has a very strong following...now the Busa-very strong following.
I love Bandits. had too. loved them just like the busa. The Busa is sort of like a super Bandit IMHO.

I agree with the models you say. are measured on the fingers of one hand.
for a period of 30-35 years..
for this busa we will love it everytime I think

I love Bandits. had too. loved them just like the busa. The Busa is sort of like a super Bandit IMHO.

I always kind of thought the B King was the ultimate Bandit.

I still have an old Katana and a Bandit....am giving the Katana to my older son. I had it before I had him and he's 30...it's the bike he remembers as a kid. I let him ride it last summer and it was a really cool experience.

When I bought the Busa it had a Translogic quick shifter that wasn't hooked up. I never bothered to hook it up as I figured it was only for drag racing....turns out it isn't and this thing is awesome....!!!

It has the throttle blip feature and works great even at low speeds...I must say it is odd to not roll off the throttle and use the clutch to up shift...

What really impressed me was how fast the bike accelerates using the quick shifter-far faster than not using it.

Running a Cycle-Tek CO2 kit on mine with a 12 oz. bottle(good for[I'm guessing]around 150 shifts or so),and holding the throttle at a steady rpm other than a slight tone difference you'd never know the bike had changed gears.Super smooth and always 100% reliable(no compressor to burn out),even with the kill time turned all the way down.Always turn the bottle on when I leave the house just in case I want to use it but hardly ever do(unless I want to run it through the gears once or twice),no more than I ride a bottle lasts me all year. :laugh:

It has to be something better than an air shifter for a street/strip setup

I've read god awful reviews about the pingle setup but boy doesn't that all electric UP AND DOWN shifting sound good

Kiltronicks is out of the u.s. but suppose to be better

Has anyone found a better solution than an air shifter

Holeshot performance makes a shifter but it seems cheap

Thank you....

A quick shifter is OK I guess. But an air shifter is by far better. And a must if you want to be serious at the drag strip.. Fast, smooth, all you do is punch a button. So if your feet don't make it back to the pegs in time you can still make the shifts.

A quick shifter is OK I guess. But an air shifter is by far better. And a must if you want to be serious at the drag strip.. Fast, smooth, all you do is punch a button. So if your feet don't make it back to the pegs in time you can still make the shifts.
@fallenarch ...…. quick shifters are for teenage girls riding their fathers bmw.... hahahahahahahah:popcorn:

For drag racing purposes, an air shifter is pretty much a necessity IMO if u wanna be quick

Let's not get a "quick shifter" and air shifter mixed up tho either

As far as the Busa torque, yes plenty, but in drag racing youre at the top end of the power range majority of the time, after the initial launch, torque is kinda irrelevant, its all top end power, unless of course a turbo may change things, idk
Disagree, I have never run an airshifter, and ran 9.9s on a all stock 2000, lowered and geared, Weigh in at about 210. My turbo stock motor GSXR I was running 8.8s consistant. Now will agree it is an edge in bracket racing but for me barely. I have been street/strip racing since about 93 and never ran a shifter. Just takes practice, and I rarely use a clutch in my up shifts on the street, and never do when racing.
And I like when guys are sizing me up to race, they think that same thing, no air shifter haha, he wont be "Quick"

Back