Its 2019, isnt there something better than a airshifter

Wow, great info thanks

Is there a way to set up an air pump to auto fill a tank and auto shut off based on pressure

Like with the bike switched on the pump determines to switch on or off depending on tank pressure

Trying to achieve a way to have constant ready to use tank pressure without having to constantly check the system and manually switch it on and off

Here's a link to the compressor and pressure switch I'm using. I use the pressure switch that shuts off at 120psi. Looks like the compressor is not in stock at MPS. If they don't get any soon. Probably be able to find it elsewhere. Both my swing arms have built in tanks. This works just fine if you're filling a bottle too. I DO NOT use the MPS air line fittings. They don't seal as well as the Pingel fittings.
MPS Air Compressor
This is just what I'm using. Probably other places offering similar parts to make the same thing happen that are just as good...

Here's a link to the compressor and pressure switch I'm using. I use the pressure switch that shuts off at 120psi. Looks like the compressor is not in stock at MPS. If they don't get any soon. Probably be able to find it elsewhere. Both my swing arms have built in tanks. This works just fine if you're filling a bottle too. I DO NOT use the MPS air line fittings. They don't seal as well as the Pingel fittings.
MPS Air Compressor
This is just what I'm using. Probably other places offering similar parts to make the same thing happen that are just as good...
It's pricy for what you're getting, but MPS has always had outstanding customer service and supported the drag bike community. It's worth the extra expense for peace of mind.

MPS Air Compressor
Thanks man, appreciate the help:banana::thumbsup:

What products do you use
I've used MPS kill boxes and ram, nos bottles regulators, and put stuff together out of Grainger catalogs. Currently I have an airkill, Grainger ram and regulators, and a 2lb co2 bottle that I get filled at the paintball store. I only switched from MPS to the airkill because my tuner had one laying around and preferred it.
The pressure switch on my truck is from Amazon, and I use a pair of viair compressors on it.

Info dump: You can get a compressor at Wal-Mart. Just go to the automotive section, buy the cheapest 12v compressor, and tear it apart. I prefer to use the air fittings with brass compression ferrules because they withstand the stresses put on them by bending the line around in the bike. The push locks are good at the cylinder for easy service but they don't work as well when there is a tight bend in the poly line near them. You can get the 1/4" line and fittings at your local farm store. Carolina Cycle is a dependable regulator. Some of the older MPS kill boxes will cause the FI light to come on during a run but it resets after restart. I have a used Cycle Tek kill box that doesn't do this if anybody is interested. If running a Gen2 bike it is better to just flash the ECU for the kill. You don't need to purchase an ECU kill harness, it is very easy to wire up yourself. As mentioned, the cylinder and solenoids can be sourced from industrial supply houses or a nice kit can be bought from Dynotunenitrous at a price that probably is no more than sourcing your own stuff and paying shipping. I bought my own C02 bottle at Airgas and fill my own bottles since the sporting goods store was only filling them half way and wouldn't fill bottles that were past the certification date.

It has to be something better than an air shifter for a street/strip setup

I've read god awful reviews about the pingle setup but boy doesn't that all electric UP AND DOWN shifting sound good

Kiltronicks is out of the u.s. but suppose to be better

Has anyone found a better solution than an air shifter

Holeshot performance makes a shifter but it seems cheap

Thank you....
yes.. there is something better than a air-shifter.... a full auto tranny... how much ya spendin diamond jim????? lol...jk BUT I still think an air shifter is needed with them... and ya cant abort a run without damaging things inside the tranny(they are used in drag only bikes).... robinson industries does make a beautiful piece though... all billet 1-6 full auto.

Last edited:
yes.. there is something better than a air-shifter.... a full auto tranny... how much ya spendin diamond jim????? lol...jk BUT I still think an air shifter is needed with them... and ya cant abort a run without damaging things inside the tranny(they are used in drag only bikes).... robinson industries does make a beautiful piece though... all billet 1-6 full auto.

Give it a few years and all bikes will either be automatic or semi automatic as the younger crowd won't want to use a standard shift.

That or they'll be electric and everyone will be wearing solar panel suits.

Info dump: You can get a compressor at Wal-Mart. Just go to the automotive section, buy the cheapest 12v compressor, and tear it apart. I prefer to use the air fittings with brass compression ferrules because they withstand the stresses put on them by bending the line around in the bike. The push locks are good at the cylinder for easy service but they don't work as well when there is a tight bend in the poly line near them. You can get the 1/4" line and fittings at your local farm store. Carolina Cycle is a dependable regulator. Some of the older MPS kill boxes will cause the FI light to come on during a run but it resets after restart. I have a used Cycle Tek kill box that doesn't do this if anybody is interested. If running a Gen2 bike it is better to just flash the ECU for the kill. You don't need to purchase an ECU kill harness, it is very easy to wire up yourself. As mentioned, the cylinder and solenoids can be sourced from industrial supply houses or a nice kit can be bought from Dynotunenitrous at a price that probably is no more than sourcing your own stuff and paying shipping. I bought my own C02 bottle at Airgas and fill my own bottles since the sporting goods store was only filling them half way and wouldn't fill bottles that were past the certification date.

Slime makes a motorcycle pump and the internals look very similar to the mps unit. I seen an antigravity pump for under 30 but didn't notice a pressure rating.

Back