It's - 1 , on my way to Froggy's house...

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
So whats the windchill when it's minus one and you are on your bike? How cold am I going to be anyway? Will I cry? I am leaving at around 5:00 am, so I can look forward to at least 4 hours of riding before it starts to warm up a bit.

And I still won't even be there yet! Maybe I can wear my Snuggie over my gear for that extra layer of warmth.....it's my hands that will be in agony....See ya...

But what IS the windchill at -1......?

nothing is warm at those temps... heated gear?....i dont envy you Laurie.
Posted via Mobile Device

dont forget that at those temps any water on road will freeze and become ice. Obviously ice allready but when the sun comes out it could cause the roads to sweat basically and then freeze again. Be carefull.

You won't be able to cry as the tears will freeze in the tear ducts before they can be expressed normally. :laugh:

Seriously, be very safe and stay aware of the road and your body, frostbite is BAD, so pay special attention to fingers, toes, and nose!!

I ride year round as long as the roads are clear. When it get's that cold, I ride heated gear. I used to ride in a snowmobile suit rated to -40 and was OK, but the bulk makes moving around on the bike difficult.

That was the worst day of riding that I have done in the last long while. I was soooo cold,so cold, I WAS almost in tears. My body is very tired and my muscles are in knots.

Even though the middle of the day was warm, everything else was miserable. I think once you get a chill in your bones, it is very hard to shake. Now I am home wrapped in my Suggie!

I was going between 80 and almost 90 on 81 and didn't get stopped once. See what a pair of hard bags can do for you. From hooligan to respectable with just a quick click of a bag.

Great to see Tim again, we have fun together.:thumbsup:

Has the frog become a prince yet? :laugh:

You are a dedicated person to ride in cold like that. Tim must be worth it!

Rain gear over winter or heated gear works wonders. Heated gloves and insoles, and a balaclava for your head and neck. You'd stay warm all the way. But you sound like a tough girl:thumbsup:

When she arrived, she was a bundled up, it took her a few minutes to take off.all the extra layers to go to lunch. We had a good lunch then off she went with her new bags mounted up. The Givi bags just snapped right into the brackets, I was amazed how easy it was.
Was good see you again Lori, hope your warmed up by now. :thumbsup:

Droid via Tapatalk

Back