Italian alps 2018

voodoodoo

Registered
Here are some videos from my September trip to the italian/austrian alps riding my 2003 Hayabusa, sadly i lost my front brakes and crashed during descent from the Grossglockner..

The bike was totalled and i had to go trough surgery to fix my left leg but it is healing well so i am ready for the 2019 season..

Enough of the talk.. here are the vids:

Passo Rolle:

Passo Gavia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9s1JHqe_9s&t=

3 Cime:

Brasaslucht:

Passo Stalle:

Looking forward to return to the area this autumn with my "new" 2013 Busa ..

so often when I see pictures in magazines about Mtn roads they show series of 180 switchbacks connected by short straights. Boring. But that first Video showed me what I would really like a mtn trip to be just a never ending series of curves and corners Thanks for the post.
Who was signing Welcome to the Mountains please

so often when I see pictures in magazines about Mtn roads they show series of 180 switchbacks connected by short straights. Boring. But that first Video showed me what I would really like a mtn trip to be just a never ending series of curves and corners Thanks for the post.
Who was signing Welcome to the Mountains please

Norwegian band called Bigbang, they lived&played in LA in a period about 10 years ago..

Their biggest hit "girl in oslo":

Fantastic liveband and the lead guitarist/singer Øystein Greni once won the european championship in skateboarding...

Here are some videos from my September trip to the italian/austrian alps riding my 2003 Hayabusa, sadly i lost my front brakes and crashed during descent from the Grossglockner..

The bike was totalled and i had to go trough surgery to fix my left leg but it is healing well so i am ready for the 2019 season..

Passo Rolle:

3 Cime:

Brasaslucht:

Passo Stalle:

Where did you crash on the grossglockner-road..I was there countless times before and it has some damn deep and scary turns. Iam glad you are ok...! Its one of the nicest places I have ever driven before...

2009 on the "german"side shortly before you drive thru the tunnel....(Grossglockner hochalpenstrasse approx 10 000 feet above sea level)

urlaub 09 179.JPG

Passo Rolle:

3 Cime:

Brasaslucht:

Passo Stalle:

Looks like a great place to ride!

Where did you crash on the grossglockner-road..I was there countless times before and it has some damn deep and scary turns. Iam glad you are ok...! Its one of the nicest places I have ever driven before...

I crashed a few bends below the Wallackhaus berggasthaus.

My front brakes boiled because of me being stupid enough to forget that i ran with racingfluid after a trackday(raingfluid needs to be changed after every event). So i had zero front brakes.. used my rear to the max and steered into the wall on my left side to avoid crashing in to the bikes ahead of me.. Got my left leg squezed between the bike and the wall and broke&crushed my left lower leg&knee. I was airlifted to the hospital in Lienz and had surgery only 2 hours after the crash.

The busa was a total.. bent frame and destroyed everything on the left side.

I bought a 2013 Busa in october.. just waiting for the snow to melt so i can go riding again...

I crashed a few bends below the Wallackhaus berggasthaus.

My front brakes boiled because of me being stupid enough to forget that i ran with racingfluid after a trackday(raingfluid needs to be changed after every event). So i had zero front brakes.. used my rear to the max and steered into the wall on my left side to avoid crashing in to the bikes ahead of me.. Got my left leg squezed between the bike and the wall and broke&crushed my left lower leg&knee. I was airlifted to the hospital in Lienz and had surgery only 2 hours after the crash.

The busa was a total.. bent frame and destroyed everything on the left side.

I bought a 2013 Busa in october.. just waiting for the snow to melt so i can go riding again...

Wow thats terrible.
I know that spot. Thankfully you weren further down... they have some really STEEP sections with no guard rails there. I was always afraid when i drove down there (i always thought what would happen when my brakes fail...)
Iam glad you are ok and didnt get injured more!

I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.
I feel terrible since I've lived here in Germany for so many years and have never taken a trip down South to enjoy those great roads.

I'm from Houston, Texas, but I live in Wiesbaden, Germany. This is my forth time in Germany and this time, I've been here for over 5 years. This time I'll be her forever.

Yup! That's it. Not a bad place to live. You just have to hit the back roads to enjoy some curves or head south on Autobahn 63 for some high speed runs.

I'm from Houston, Texas, but I live in Wiesbaden, Germany. This is my forth time in Germany and this time, I've been here for over 5 years. This time I'll be her forever.

Thats awesome. such a beautiful city. Also close to frankfurt. Many moons ago I worked in Restaurant "Kaefers" in the Kurhaus in wiesbaden as a chef and lived there for a year.

Back