It was tweleve years ago today

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
that I flew to L.A. and rode my shiny new LE back up the coast to NorCal. Here I am loading it up for the trip and my first stop somewhere in Malibu. And twelve years and over 60,000 miles later, still lookin good.
IMG012 (Medium).JPG
1st stop somewhere in Malibu (Medium).JPG
DSC01448 (Medium).JPG

Happy anniversary!

Thanks cap. Notice I joined in 04? I came very close to buying an 04 LE but not as close as I did with a copper 99. Man I wanted that bike! But, life sometimes has different things for us to do. Being that this was the last Gen1 LE I couldn't pass this time. The dealer even paid my airfare!:laugh:

Nice! Did you have the hump freighted back to yours?
I also bought a new bike in Dec '06 ( GSXR1000K6) and flew to Wellington to pick it up, then ride home, the dealer said he'd send me the rear seat cover and it took 3 months for him to get around to sending it...hmmmm.

Nice! Did you have the hump freighted back to yours?
I also bought a new bike in Dec '06 ( GSXR1000K6) and flew to Wellington to pick it up, then ride home, the dealer said he'd send me the rear seat cover and it took 3 months for him to get around to sending it...hmmmm.

Nope it was in the seatbag. I told them to mount the rear seat so I could take the hump with me. My gear was in the seatbag for the flight so there was room for the hump on the ride home.

Back