It was the best of times and the worst of times

Sir T Rex

Registered
On Sunday, I had one of the best days at "work" ever. I was photographing the SF VS SEA game at the cLink in Seattle. It was cold making the trip because I on my Busa. Cruising along and freezing. Shot the game and headed home. I had class the next day and was taking my bike back to Seattle, and again, it was freezing... Then this happened. Dayum black ice. Less than 50 yds from my house. Guess I'll be making a claim to my insurance agent tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Black ice is so dangerous.

Count your blessings - I assume (since you didn't mention it) that you were not injured.
The fact that you get to ride in December is something many of us wish we could do.
The fact that it happened close to home is better than it happening 50+ miles from home, no?

Yes it sucks to put it mildly.

Looks like all of $4000 in damage. Get OEM parts if you can. Some insurance companies won't
raise your rates if this is the first claim on your vehicle.

Good luck and make sure you post before and after pictures if you can.

Awesome game. Sorry about the damage. Pac Nor West...yer takin' yer chances at this time of year.

Rubb.

Mechanic just came to pick up the sick Busa.... He is a great guy...and I will find out next Wednesday on what the damage is. If its $4K worth of damage, they may total it. If not, I am going to get it fixed and will no longer ride during below freezing temps....grrrrrrr

I would price the OEM parts out at the dealership before making a claim. Hope I'm not to late. Glad you're alright.

Back