It was like that when i brought it(help)?

ham4864

Registered
I brought my first used 2006 Busa it has a aftermarket single sided D&D exhaust system.
The pair valve has also been removed and it has the 4 block off plates installed.

So one day I decided to prop up the gas tank and start inspecting things. I noticed a long rubber hose hanging and blocked off. I said to myself this looks out of place. So after looking at the manual come to find out it was the hose from the vacuum control solenoid valve that goes to the intake air control valve actuator, so I reconnected it.

Day two I decided to remove and inspect the air box after opening the air box I noticed the small box mod was done(I think)because it was not there.

So the big question is, Can and should I remove the hose that I reconnected and cap it off, and also remove the intake air control valve actuator and seal up the hole?

So after all of that what would I have done is that the small air box . i will look for a airbox that as not been modified.

Remove the hose and put a cap at the vacuum source. You can leave the actuator, it isn't hurting anything being there.

do what busa whipped said then take a hot knife or a dremle tool and cut out the whole interior of the air box just inside the filter...then you will have the large air box mod and love your top end much more....:laugh:

ok i will remove the hose and cap of the vacuum source but there isn't any thing to remove from the interior of the air box as i said in my post djsin it's been removed.i did not get the bike mapped so i am assuming it's not mapped for this mod.will i run lean by doing this mod.

Last edited:
ok i will remove the hose and cap of the vacuum source but there isn't any thing to remove from the interior of the air box as i said in my post djsin it's been removed.i did not get the bike mapped so i am assuming it's not mapped for this mod.will i run lean by doing this mod.
no it wont run lean
Posted via Mobile Device

the bike cant run lean the sensors will sense the added air and then the ecu will add more fuel

do what busa whipped said then take a hot knife or a dremle tool and cut out the whole interior of the air box just inside the filter...then you will have the large air box mod and love your top end much more....:laugh:

That sounds like the "small box" mod to me :whistle:

Won't hurt it a bit, it will be louder but I don't notice it at all now.

ALL the air box mods will HURT the bottom end...for a street bike just do the
'small' box mod...the gains in the mid range and top end are worth it.

Don't know what to tell you. No PC, large mod and D&D cans, barely noticed a difference on the bottom end performance. Nothing worth worrying about.

She'll roll away in sixth gear from 1500 RPM, so I can't say it hurt it.

Back