It was cold, but I rode

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
34* when I left the house this morning. High today is supposed to hit 60. Couldn't stand it anymore, had to ride.

Unfortunately my route follows San Pablo Bay so I'm next to water the entire way. Chilly to be sure.

But hey, I got to ride, right? And it felt sooooooo goooooooood.

Fingers were so cold the iPhone wouldn't register as being touched. Pics coming at lunch.

Lucky you!! Got 18" of snow yesterday, and this morning when I woke up it was -2 degrees out! The 'Busa will stay stuck in the garage for at least another couple months.. :whistle:

hats off to you.......been extra chilly lately INLAND so I am sure you're colder being near the water.

Here she is, parked in the garage at the office.

It's on the dirty side because I'm lazy and haven't cleaned it lately. I'll fix that this weekend.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

I ride a scooter to and from work here in Korea (till I get my busa back) and the winters here are absolute Hell. I quit riding about a month ago when that particular morning it was -28 degrees not to mention windchill from riding. I really truly thought I was going to lose my fingers from frostbite. No feeling in them for 3 hours. I had to leave my visor up two notches because not only was it fogging but as soon as my breathe hit the screen, it froze. It really messed me up. I felt like I had just had every ounce of energy ripped from me and felt like crap for two days afterward. I'm pretty much an all year/season rider but that was just too much. I know.... I'm an idiot.

I ride a scooter to and from work here in Korea (till I get my busa back) and the winters here are absolute Hell. I quit riding about a month ago when that particular morning it was -28 degrees not to mention windchill from riding. I really truly thought I was going to lose my fingers from frostbite. No feeling in them for 3 hours. I had to leave my visor up two notches because not only was it fogging but as soon as my breathe hit the screen, it froze. It really messed me up. I felt like I had just had every ounce of energy ripped from me and felt like crap for two days afterward. I'm pretty much an all year/season rider but that was just too much. I know.... I'm an idiot.

i spent a year over there, and yes the winters are brutal as hell, and monsoon season is always fun, where at KTC, and woke up the next morning and our track vehicles were frozen to the ground, we had to take sledge hammers, and spud bars and break them out of the mud:banghead:

i spent a year over there, and yes the winters are brutal as hell, and monsoon season is always fun, where at KTC, and woke up the next morning and our track vehicles were frozen to the ground, we had to take sledge hammers, and spud bars and break them out of the mud:banghead:

Monsoon season wasn't that bad last year. From the horror stories I heard I guess I was expecting more. It's definitley crazy how bitter cold the winters are here. There is still ice and snow on the ground that hasn't melted yet from well over a month ago. Only in the past few days has it even gone above freezing. (sorry to jack the thread)

On the way home last night I used those chemical hand-warmers in my gloves. I put them on the back of my hands hoping it'd help.

It was great until I got up to 50+mph then the heat just dissipated. Time to try another idea.

Back