It took me a while, but I finally got a Busa!

Eddie

Registered
Joined the site in 2010 and finally picked up a Busa. Brought her home today!:super: Found a like new '08 in my favorite color combo. Only has 2100 miles on it! Tastefully modded with steel braided brake lines, Vortex rear sets, full Yosh exhaust, BMC race filter, lowering link and triple clamps (set at stock height), HID hi/low beam, heavy bar ends, adjustable kick stand, Brocks clutch mod and it's set up with Brocks front strap kit. The bike is absolutely showroom condition! I around 40 miles on it before it started to drizzle today. How the HELL did I live without a Hayabusa? What a machine!!! I love it!!!:inlove2:

Side note: It was about a 3 hour ride back home after picking the bike up. I did some research on the best way to strap a sport bike down and decided on the Canyon Dancer 2 strap. I have to admit, I was more nervous than Mike Tyson at a spelling bee towing my new baby back. LOTS of construction areas with horrible roads. Giant pot holes, uneven pavement for miles and miles. I was a nervous wreck! The Canyon Dancer 2 was rock solid the whole time. Best $26 bucks I ever spent!:thumbsup:

Thanks, everyone!:beerchug:

Forget to mention the bike was tuned with ECUeditor and came with a BoostBySmith ECU flasher. The bike currently has a Brocks tune in it for the full exhaust and BMC filter.

:thumbsup:
Congratulations! She should run like a champ. Bike needs nothing more than gas, basic maint. and lots o saddle time! Well, maybe some sliders, case cover, levers, screen, HID's, Switchback's, :whistle:

Have fun w/ her...whatever her name is... You did name her right?

Thanks again, guys!

The bike actually does have HIDs, aftermarket levers and heavier than stock bar ends. Also has brand new 2CT tires on it.

A name? Still working on that. I have a feeling my girlfriend is going to call the bike "the other woman". When I texted her a pic of the Busa strapped down in the trailer she said, "I guess I'll see you in November". :laugh:

Thanks again, guys!

The bike actually does have HIDs, aftermarket levers and heavier than stock bar ends. Also has brand new 2CT tires on it.

A name? Still working on that. I have a feeling my girlfriend is going to call the bike "the other woman". When I texted her a pic of the Busa strapped down in the trailer she said, "I guess I'll see you in November". :laugh:

Ouch...:whistle: she'll learn her place...:laugh: If she's smart, it'll be right behind you!

Congrats on your new addition. You had me at 08. Lol The blue and gold it ok but it would have been better orange/black <--- the best color combo :D

Congrats on your new addition. You had me at 08. Lol The blue and gold it ok but it would have been better orange/black <--- the best color combo :D

Thanks!

Orange and black is definitely a great combo! I'm a sucker for blue, though. Here is my other blue toy with my 9 year old son. '04 Lightning...

Side note: It was about a 3 hour ride back home after picking the bike up. I did some research on the best way to strap a sport bike down and decided on the Canyon Dancer 2 strap. I have to admit, I was more nervous than Mike Tyson at a spelling bee towing my new baby back. LOTS of construction areas with horrible roads. Giant pot holes, uneven pavement for miles and miles. I was a nervous wreck! The Canyon Dancer 2 was rock solid the whole time. Best $26 bucks I ever spent!:thumbsup:

Came with all those great mods, but did not have wheels? :poke:

Congrats on the bike :thumbsup:

Came with all those great mods, but did not have wheels? :poke:

Congrats on the bike :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I actually wanted a bike that had stock wheels so I can buy the wheels I like the looks of versus what another guy likes. Aesthetic mods are more of a personal touch to a bike. I got lucky by finding a bike that already had the mechanical mods I wanted but was kept mostly stock aestetically.

Gotta do some wheel research now...

Thanks!

Orange and black is definitely a great combo! I'm a sucker for blue, though. Here is my other blue toy with my 9 year old son. '04 Lightning...

Ok can't knock you for that. It's a nice truck. My next car will be orange to match my busa :D
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336268038.626087.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336268064.511668.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336268038.626087.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336268064.511668.jpg

Thanks!

I actually wanted a bike that had stock wheels so I can buy the wheels I like the looks of versus what another guy likes. Aesthetic mods are more of a personal touch to a bike. I got lucky by finding a bike that already had the mechanical mods I wanted but was kept mostly stock aestetically.

Gotta do some wheel research now...

I guess ya missed the joke :poke:

I meant, why did you trailer it 350 miles when it has wheels? :laugh:

I guess ya missed the joke :poke:

I meant, why did you trailer it 350 miles when it has wheels? :laugh:

Yup, went right over my head. LOL :laugh:

I originally made plans to pick the bike up tomorrow with a friend as I thought my son's Karate tournament was today. Turns out I screwed up and the tournament is tomorrow. Had to change plans at the last minute and drive down by myself today as the rest of my buddys went to the big swap meet today at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ.

It's been a crazy day with all the driving but the bottom line is I finally got my BUSA!:thumbsup:

Back