It took 33 years but I finally got a "grip"

methodicreign

Registered
While I don't advocate posting pictures of firearms online for many obvious reasons, this particular firearm is destined to be a collectors piece only.
That being said my dad has a wood working shop at his house and in an effort to share his passion and spend some more time together I decided to try my hand at making some new grips for my pistol. This was the best I could come up with. It has some tool marks and its not perfect but its a pretty good first attempt at free hand with a Dremel.

20150227_180730.jpg

20150227_180752.jpg

Most of us here are pro gun, myself included.
No need to defend posting pics of them.

I think everyone should have a gun in their household. Very nice craftsmanship, how do you like the 1911?

Seems a waste to turn a gun into a collector unless it stopped working and no parts were available or
the gun became to brittle to carry on.

Nice job - but if you can never use it because it's too pretty then I don't see the point. JMHO.

Thanks for the nice comments, I'm looking forward to version 2.0
I'm loving the 1911's they are so simple to operate and take down to clean. This particular one is a WWII capture. It's seen action all be it on the German side but the history behind it is why I bought it. I never intended to use it more then a few rounds at the range to prove it functioned. I'm trying to start collecting historically significant firearms. I used this as my guinea pig so if I choose to use it more often I don't wreck the original grips that came with it. You can tell by holding it the grips are starting to show their age.

Don't mean to burst your bubble but I'm a canuck. As much as I'd love to have a concealed carry and pack something with me daily, we're not allowed to up here.

Don't mean to burst your bubble but I'm a canuck. As much as I'd love to have a concealed carry and pack something with me daily, we're not allowed to up here.

The way I see it is this.
If you carry a gun illegally, but the only time you would ever, ever, use it is a life or death situation for yourself or others..then who cares.
Let them charge you with illegal carry/concealment...after you shoot the carjacker, mall shooter, terrorist, thug, whatever. Live another day.
Common sense isn't so common any more, unfortunately.
Just like all the idiots here in the U.S that think making guns illegal will stop all shootings and crime.
Where those of us with any sense at all know, that just means criminals will be the only ones with guns.:beerchug:

I couldn't agree more. There is a push right now to allow carrying permits again, technically they exist in Canada and are legal but the person in charge simply won't issue them. It's a perfect example of 1 person with too much power. I am doing what little I can to aid the fight and hopefully 1 day we finally win the right to defend ourselves again. Politicians simply.cant grasp the fact that criminals are the ones causing the problems and for some reason making guns harder to have doesn't stop the CRIMINALS. I'm probably perching to the choir so I'll jump off my soap box. Enjoy the weekend all:beerchug:

It will take something really bad to happen to make it obvious that disarming the population is a bad thing.

While nowadays, shootings all across North America are sporadic, it is just a matter of time before the bad guys organize better - with dire consequences for unarmed and unprotected citizens. Humanity never learns, and always forgets.

It will take something really bad to happen to make it obvious that disarming the population is a bad thing.

While nowadays, shootings all across North America are sporadic, it is just a matter of time before the bad guys organize better - with dire consequences for unarmed and unprotected citizens. Humanity never learns, and always forgets.

It doesn't matter what happens, disarming the public and removing our rights is the ultimate goal of the powers that be.
Look at Australia. Murder, rape and violent crime rose over 500% after guns where taken from law abiding citizens.

Sorry, we've gotten off track and thread jacked the OP's post on his grips.

Looks amazing. Nice work! :cheerleader:

I would have never thought there was a way to combine my favorite motorcycle with my favorite pistol. :bowdown:

No worries about thread jacking, I'm right there with you guys. Since the cafe incident in Australia a few months back there is some talk of allowing citizens access to firearms again. Or at the very least knives or maybe a stick. It's pretty sad when the criminals are better protected then the law abiding citizens.
I found a nice piece of walnut and I'm working on version 2.0 tomorrow. If by chance I get one done I post up new.pics. I'm thinking ninja on 1 side and busa on the other.

Uh, no...
I'll go with a CZ shadow or something for that. As it is I broke the firing pin on the 1911 last week. Should be a quick fix once I source 1 out

Back