it only took 7 passes...

8overin808

Registered
WOW! sorry for not being on this board in a long long time. but I've been tryin to keep that damn polished frame clean. takes forever
smile.gif

in any case. Finally got a weekend off. took the busa out to the track, made three passes and stretched the chain each and every time, had a lot of traction probs, never got a clean pass. finally on the last pass, it twisted a link. i trailered it home, swapped out the link and waited for my next weekend off.

Last night, I made 5 more passes. on #4 I ran her to a 9.87 @ 137 (my first 9 second pass ever). MPH was down last night, but oh well. it's hawaii and humidity is a biatch. I went through the chain stretching dance again last night. the bike stretched the chain on every pass, 'cept the last one. I think it's finally done now.

next on the list o' mods is a set of PM rims, ceramic bearings, and wave rotors. that should help my trap speed and 60'. it's good to be back at the board! I'll try to be around more often.

Nice Job, did they kick you out after the 9 sec pass? I think you have to have a license to run that fast, maybe I am mistaken. What mods are done to your bike and how much do you weigh? I am lookin for 9's and need to gauge what I need.

WOW!  sorry for not being on this board in a long long time.  but I've been tryin to keep that damn polished frame clean.  takes forever
smile.gif

in any case.  Finally got a weekend off.  took the busa out to the track, made three passes and stretched the chain each and every time, had a lot of traction probs, never got a clean pass.  finally on the last pass, it twisted a link.  i trailered it home, swapped out the link and waited for my next weekend off.

Last night, I made 5 more passes.  on #4 I ran her to a 9.87 @ 137 (my first 9 second pass ever).  MPH was down last night, but oh well.  it's hawaii and humidity is a biatch.  I went through the chain stretching dance again last night.  the bike stretched the chain on every pass, 'cept the last one.  I think it's finally done now.  

next on the list o' mods is a set of PM rims, ceramic bearings, and wave rotors.  that should help my trap speed and 60'.  it's good to be back at the board!  I'll try to be around more often.
EK ZZZ Chain is what you needed. The only one I know rated for 11000 pounds.

Man I needs to find this track out here
tis not far from your location. go to www.hrpdragracing.com for info. basically head into campbell industrial park and it's on the left hand side before the real industrial park begins.

they didn't kick me out last night, but they did give me all the paperwork and told me to get my physical before i could race on another night. we're all friends out there and it's no big deal. but I wouldn't push my luck either. I have to get a basic physical and then pass the 3 pass deal. something about a burnout, a launch and then a full ballsout pass.

a lady racer friend rode her stock busa to a 9.9, but she weighs 125 maybe, mostly up top...
tounge.gif
I KEED JEN I KEED!

as for my bike, never raced it stock. but it's got -

8 over trac dynamics swingarm with bracing and 6" axle adjuster (from my old 750) currently at 64" wheelbase
double intake cam mod
PC3
MPS ign kill for shifting
MPS air shifter parts (not working last night, didn't have co2 with me)
1/4 turn throttle
pingel tether kill
catalyst 6 over tail
fully adjustable lowering links
internally lowered/stiffened front forks
carbon seat
DID chain
16/45 gearing
Fox Shock from my old 750
engine ice

173HP and 103 ft lbs

I weigh in at 215 normally. not sure with leather/helmet/boots

The bike should still pull a solid 9.50. I only 60'd a 1.62 when I ran the 9.87. it'll come down as i get ballsy. launching at 4K (so i could get that chain stretch out of the way) Next week I'll launch a lot harder. My cable clutch will be in by then too! Thank god!

rims/brakes on the way!

Back