It might be Fate

BusaSamurai

There Can Be Only One INSTIGATOR * * * *
Donating Member
Registered
Well was riding down to the local Bike store and was thinking about trading my baby in on a 06 GSXR 750 (Want to start some serious track Days ) Long story short had 15 missed calls on my cell phone so i called my daughter back and my wife was involved in an accident . Some old fella pulled out in front of her and she nailed him so with out even a second thought got back on bike hauled arse to the scene and the old man is yelling at the cops saying it was her fault so first thing I do is go check on her she is ok they are putting her in the ambulance and getting ready to take her so now I go to the cop who happens to be a Motorcycle cop. first good thing . I ask him what happened he said hold on I will be with you in a minute so he kept writing and I'm getting a little inpatient at this point and I guess he sees this and tells me to go over to the car and get my stuff out . So finally he comes over and says Im sorry for putting you off but this old fellow was trying to blame your wife and when we first got here we seen it might have been her fault until the old man was talking to a witness on the scene and another cop over heard him say that he saw her and thought he had enough room to pull out and go. Bam he just convicted his self the cop said he had no choice but to write it up as failure to yield and charged the man . His truck was hit in the rear passenger side corner so it could have went either way .
So now I'm out a car and looks like it might be totaled .So I spent all day at the hospital with her just shook her up and aggravated her back injury where she had surgery 8 months ago . So here I sit contemplating the fate of the insurance companies and what they are gonna do about my car never been here before so not sure how its going to go. Letting my ins. company handle it StateFarm so we will see .
So i guess i am car shopping instead of bike shopping so the Busa stays for now..
Me and a friend are getting our stuff together so we can start track days once a month . He bought a 06 R6 raven and hes gonna toast me in the twisties so i was thinking the GSXR 750 would have gave me a chance.Now i will just do the best I can and maybe do some suspinsion work and see if I can get her to twist better.................

Sorry to hear about your wife's accident
sad.gif
glad that she will be ok and your keeping
the Busa...for now...any chance of a second bike for just the track
rock.gif

you shouldn't have to deal with your insurance company at all, If the old man was insured, hopefully he was, HIS insurance company should take care of EVERYTHING, from your rental car if the car is repairable, to the medical bill for your wife. you can contact your insurance company if you want to, that way they can be prepaired for legal action if they need to cover what his doesn't. you shouldn't have to pay one penny, especially if the accident report and ticket reference the other driver at fault.

good luck, and don't let his insurance company squirm out of it.

Sorry to hear your wife got hurt.

I hope the claim process isn't too bad.

Glad to hear the cops are giving you a favorable accident report, that'll be huge for the claim process.

Call a lawyer and go after the guy, thats what he should get for trying to blame the accident on your wife. Then use the $$$ to get a second bike.
I'm sure she has back problems that are going to take along time and $$$ to fix.

Good to hear your wife isn't hurt too bad. Maybe its a sign that you shouldn't get rid of the Busa
wink.gif

Glad your wife is okay. The insurance process can be tough and his insurance company will try to squeeze you, but stay tough.

glad your wife is ok your insurance will square everything away and then you can score the 750 and a new car to im thinking that for now your insurance company will take care of you and then they will go after his insurance company since hes at fault if you must deal directly with his insurance for settlement dont be in a hurry to settle with them time is on your side and the longer it goes the more your worth

Get a lawyer, dont sign anything, and call HIS insurance company.

This should not affect your insurance in anyway!

Keep all the reciepts for doctor visits and medication.

sorry to hear about this but I'm glad your wife wasn't hurt to badly.

(heavybusa @ Sep. 09 2006,22:37) Get a lawyer, dont sign anything, and call HIS insurance company.

Dude, glad your wife is okay. My heart sank when I read the first part of that story but hearing that she's going to be okay (even if banged up and hurting for the next little while), is a real relief.

+1 bazillion on what Heavybusa said. GET A LAWYER and don't wait a second to do so. Trust me on this one, bro. The other guy's insurance company will NOT pay one cent more than they have to. The lawyer doesn't have to contact them but you need him to coach you with what to do and say to the insurance company.

Absolutely do not sign ANYTHINGS without the approval of the attorney your going to get. There's even a right way to endorse/deposit any payout checks.

You'll need to notify your insurance company and make it VERY clear to them that your wife was NOT faulted. You'll lose your right to their assistance if you don't notify them right away. As in tomorrow, bro.

Again, sorry to hear about this and damm glad your wife is okay. Just work to keep the bastage from effing you both again via the insurance companies.

--Wag--

(Wag @ Sep. 10 2006,00:49)
(heavybusa @ Sep. 09 2006,22:37) Get a lawyer, dont sign anything, and call HIS insurance company.

Dude, glad your wife is okay.  My heart sank when I read the first part of that story but hearing that she's going to be okay (even if banged up and hurting for the next little while), is a real relief.

+1 bazillion on what Heavybusa said.  GET A LAWYER and don't wait a second to do so.  Trust me on this one, bro.  The other guy's insurance company will NOT pay one cent more than they have to.  The lawyer doesn't have to contact them but you need him to coach you with what to do and say to the insurance company.  

Absolutely do not sign ANYTHINGS without the approval of the attorney your going to get.  There's even a right way to endorse/deposit any payout checks.

You'll need to notify your insurance company and make it VERY clear to them that your wife was NOT faulted.  You'll lose your right to their assistance if you don't notify them right away.  As in tomorrow, bro.  

Again, sorry to hear about this and damm glad your wife is okay.  Just work to keep the bastage from effing you both again via the insurance companies.

--Wag--
OK heres were we are I had already called my insurance when I got to the hospital yesterday morning toi let them be aware of what is up. Also called m,y sister who happens to be an agent in California nad she coached me through some stuff last night . She told me to go ahead and let my insurance handle it ,She said they would fight harder then his .She said I could get a lawyer but with them releasing my wife yesterday dont have much of a case on big money would cost lawyer fees more then I could get .Dont really want to sue anyone to much of that going on now days ..Just want car payed for all doctor bills and maybe a little extra for a down payment on another car. Just sucks with wife loosing her ability to work from her prior condition sure didnt need to buy a new car ..Might have to do without for a little while and use my old reliable truck and Bike ..
Thanks for all the getwellsa and support nice to have somewhere to air your problems out and get opinions.. Thanks to all ..

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 09 2006,20:flamethrowing:) Sorry to hear about your wife's accident
sad.gif
glad that she will be ok and your keeping
the Busa...for now...any chance of a second bike for just the track
rock.gif
Cant afford 2 bikes wish i could but times are tuff right now ..Already had all my leathers . Had them when I had my other ride . So the only thing we have to pay is track fee's .

Dang, glad she's okay.

I realize I was a little unclear about the attorney thing. Your situation probably doesn't need a full-blown lawsuit. I was just thinking that if you talked to an attorney, he could give you 30 minutes of advice on how to handle the details on your own without inadvertently screwing yourself. (MAKE SURE you tell the attorney this and don't sign any engagement letters.) Also, and this is important, if you EVER tell the insurance company you're "not sure" about something and tell them you're going to review it with "your" attorney, you can easily turn a potentially bad situation around to your advantage! It's a good way to find out if they ARE trying to screw you. Still, better not to bluff about that but actually HAVE an attorney to call while you're sitting there in front of the claims adjuster! Watching their expression change while you're talking is priceless!

Also, an attorney can read everything you sign before you sign it and keep you out of trouble that way.

One of the things that USED to be a problem was endorsing claims checks. They used to have this microfine print (microscope required) on the back of the check which basically said, "endorsing this check or cashing it is acceptance of payment in full . . . " yada, yada, yada. You would have to Sharpie that verbiage out before endorsing it or depositing it but many people didn't know that. They just saw dollar signs and got screwed when medical bills were higher than expected, etc. I don't know where you live but I think California may have passed a law to eliminate that kind of blatant extortion.

That's just one example out of many. I still would like to see you go get an attorney over this, just for a half hour consultation. You may find you're glad you spent the $200. At the very least, see what Nolo press has on their web site and see if that helps.

Sounds like you've started on the right path to covering your butt, though, by contacting your insurance company. That is definitely good advice.

Oh, and buying a new car? The insurance company should replace it. That's assuming that the other guy had enough insurance. If not, your insurance company may cover you on your underinsured portion of your policy. You may be able to get another car after all.

Good luck to you both. Tough stuff, I know.

--Wag--

thanks wagwill call attorny tomorrow and ask questions usually it is first time free consultation . At least it was on my other lawyer..Looking up nolo now . I know i could probaly be an arse and try and sue the crap out of him but to me its not worth it . yes he hit her and tried to blame her . But in the end there is to much sue happy people around now days .Just doesnt feel right .Now if my wife would have been injured big time would make a differance .As far as rep[lacing car what i hear is that all they do is give you the value well guess what the value is what I owe for it at the bank just checked last month because Iwas gonna trade it in ..The book value is a little more then what i owe . So they will pay iut off and i will have to go get another loan for another one, Thanks for all the advice ...

Thanks God your wife is OK. Good idea to consult with an attorney. Let us know how your wife is recovering--that's most important.

(Busa Dreamin @ Sep. 09 2006,17:54) Call a lawyer and go after the guy, thats what he should get for trying to blame the accident on your wife. Then use the $$$ to get a second bike.
I'm sure she has back problems that are going to take along time and $$$ to fix.
phukin A right... This is America after all and when we wreck we GET PAID!!!
Get his old crooked azz to take care of her pain and suffering.
That chump should have a little integrity at his age. Make him buy some integrity by settling for a mid-five figure sum out of court.

(05 Busa LE @ Sep. 10 2006,09:19) Thanks God your wife is OK. Good idea to consult with an attorney. Let us know how your wife is recovering--that's most important.
Yes it is BUT she already has a pain med addiction I have been fighting for 5 years so this is just another excuse for her , Luckely she was out of meds at time of accidant . So i will take this one a day at a time..

(Projekt @ Sep. 10 2006,09:36)
(Busa Dreamin @ Sep. 09 2006,17:54) Call a lawyer and go after the guy, thats what he should get for trying to blame the accident on your wife. Then use the $$$ to get a second bike.
phukin A right... This is America after all and when we wreck we GET PAID!!!
Get his old crooked azz to take care of her pain and suffering.
That chump should have a little integrity at his age. Make him buy some integrity by settling for a mid-five figure sum out of court.
Yes this is america and that was my first thought . But when you sit back and think about it . Could have been your father or grandfather so you have to look at all sides . Yes it was his fault But the problem with america now is everybody wants to sue instead of work ..I did not have the money before the accidant so why would i deserve it after . Accidants happen in life and how we deal with them is what makes the differance right or wrong. I could go get 3 lawyers and drag this through court for years and maybe get a couple of grand but in the end what will benafit . Now that being said if he tries to push any father for her to be at fault and himand his insurance company want to fight then that will be another story and I could see anew GSXR 750 in my stable .But as it stands its not worth the hassle and grief of tring to ruin his life for an acciadent from the looks of him he is probably living on some kind of retirement or aid . And no telling what i would have said if i was in his shoes at the accidant .You never know what he has at home as far as family and responsibiltys for all we know he could be raising his grandkids because his son was killed . Yes probably not likely but could be . I guess I am just tring to be the bigger man and think if I was in his situation .Maybe i am just to Damn nice..But that is how i feel...

Back