It just shut off at 85 mph.

Allax1

Registered
I'm in the left lane haulin, and the bike "pops" electrical pop, and just shuts down. No power! No lights, no nothing. I smell a electrical short.
I get it to the house and tear it down and can actually smell the rectifier burnt smell. A piece of the seal on the back had blown off and melted. I replaced it but still no power. The battery is one month old with a green light on the trickle. I'm checking the kill switch now but it looks ok, Ill have the electrician check it tomorrow at work.
Where should I look next? Any Ideas?

Get to the fusebox...if the main fuses are OK then check for 12v with the ignition off then check the orange wire for 12v with the ignition ON.
If the 12v was there with ignition off and nothing with it ON it could be the ignition barrel or the main feed wire to it.

Checked the fuses all look good, haven't checked that "main" fuse on starter relay, that's next. Kill switch checked out ok. The link to the ignition barrel is to a triumph. Is this an example or will this work in the busa?

Checked the fuses all look good, haven't checked that "main" fuse on starter relay, that's next. Kill switch checked out ok. The link to the ignition barrel is to a triumph. Is this an example or will this work in the busa?

Don't worry abt that. Go straight to the main fuse on the starter relay.

Main fuse on the starter relay, will do. Will that main fuse cause it to not even do the speedometer cycle thingy, no lights, no power? Dang!

One more thing, Im lame, where is it, what side of the bike? I could find it but if you can point me right to it that would be great. 1st gen. 07.

Remove tail plastic. Located left side as yur sitting on the bike. Close to the battery but you cannot access it without taking the tail section loose.

That was it!!! Thank You!! As soon as I hooked the battery up I herd clicking noises coming on, turned the key and presto, she fired right up! Well done! I will leave her idle to warm up just to check to see if anything else goes out right away. Thank you for all the help. Im a happy man!

That was it!!! Thank You!! As soon as I hooked the battery up I herd clicking noises coming on, turned the key and presto, she fired right up! Well done! I will leave her idle to warm up just to check to see if anything else goes out right away. Thank you for all the help. Im a happy man!

Your welcome sir. Been there a time or 2 myself! :)

My only concern at this point would be what caused the fuse to blow to start with :poke:

Oh, one thing. What's that buzzing thing going on around 90 mph.? Is that that busa buzz thing? Do all of them do this? I don't feel it to often only because I pass that area up a lot. :whistle: I know it there though.

Back