It is difficult to watch the country of my descent slip into chaos.

Saiid, but you say the resistance thru your relatives out?

Question: When Assad is gone (and I think there's no way to go backwards, only question is how bloody will it be?) whom do you think will run the country. A Technocracy, Democracy, Theocracy? Will it be fair to all, or will it be a radical muslim element who will fall squarely against the US? Now they are asking for UN support, but what about the Arab League? The US will not get directly involved it's a lose-lose for us.

This is the real face of war.

Martyrs they are. Fearless they are. No force shall overcome them.
Assad will die!

Keith our govt chose years ago to align itself with Assad. We have supported the wrong side for years. It will be strife and many martyrs will die but in the end it will be a free Syria. The world is changing.

Sorry my phone died.

Keith my step moms family home became front line for the fighting basically.
There now you are either for or against the opposition to Assad. The fighters needed their home to wage their fight against the govt forces. They were lucky to have been let out alive as it is complete chaos there now. Have no idea where they went not does my cousin. It is difficult for me to understand but yet I can in a way.
Hell on earth is in Homs now.

I read more about what's going on there in the paper yesterday. Chaos doesn't begin to describe it. My thoughts and prayers are with those in Syria, and their loved ones elsewhere like you Saiid.

I read more about what's going on there in the paper yesterday. Chaos doesn't begin to describe it. My thoughts and prayers are with those in Syria, and their loved ones elsewhere like you Saiid.

It is a modern day Stalingrad. And like the Russians they will be victorious. It will be at great cost but they will not bend or break. They are firm in their convictions and will never again bow to Assad.

Saiid...my sympathies are with you and your family..when a government wont even stop killing it's own people for a couple hours a day so the Red Cross can render aid to the wounded?..

sign me up...i'll go in for some of that sorta action.

Place those events here and ask yourself what would you do?

Seriously.

Easy to type, well I'd....

But think about it. Would you be outside fighting for freedom or would you have left or what?
Impossible to imagine.

Saiid I can't stand that bully Assad or his dad. And I sincerly hope the people of Syria aren't swapping one form of oppression for another. Good luck to whomever can make this country a place were ALL can live in peace. But if recent history repeats itself, i fear.

Reminds me of the former Yugoslavia. Tito held the peace thru supression and strongarm tactics, but once he was gone a wave of killing as each side tried to settle old scores, both with a viciousness not fullly understood by the West. One of my good friends was deployed there because he had a house there (not serb, not muslim, not croatian. He still can't talk about what he saw there.

Sorry to hear about this Blanca.
I hope your family are safe somewhere, and you hear about them soon.

Step moms family are 'safe' in Lattakia and trying to get out to Cyprus. No clue on how they got there.
Cousin is still in Homs. Said to me via text the other night 'it is his time to shine for his country' and doesn't want to leave. 24yrs old.

:please: :please: watch over Saiid's family especially his cousin!:please: :please:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Hoping for the best for your family Blanca. Can't say I know how you feel because I have no idea what it would be like to have to watch this go down from afar. I just hope somehow a just and fair government can result from all this sacrifice.

i am sorry saiid....will keep your family and thier nation in my prayers as we all wish for peace and freedom in our nations.

Saiid, you are absolutely right about typing what you would do, opposed to what you would actually do.

I hope this conflict is over soon.

Back