It has been forever, but you are still on my mind

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
I do not know if any of the old boys are still around, but I was reminded today of what a great group this is.
Many years ago I was fixing a crashed Busa and I bought a couple grand worth of take-off parts from a guy on this site.
When they got here, they were trashed. Junk, worthless. I put up a thread that said I would not be able to afford to fix it, was going to part it out and would be done with bikes.
This wonderful forum introduced me to PIF.
I was sent a message much like this;
Ken we have taken up a collection, and are going to help you out. You have no decision in this, you must accept this Pay It Forward. We only ask that in the future, when you are able, do a pay it forward yourself.
This forum, in a way changed my life.

I just finished another PIF this morning, on an outdoorsmen forum. A nice old guy called me for advice, how could he possibly get $800 in 3 days to pay his rent?

We put over $2000 in his account in under 5 hours.

I have done many PIF threads over the years, and absolutely love handing the cheques over to the Stollery Childrens' Hospital, Wounded Warriors, the little girl that was burnt in the kitchen got a truck load of distractions, several families have been helped after housefires, the little 2 year old boy that lost his eye to cancer etc.
I am still a firefighter/EMS, this is my last year though, at 39 years of service I find I can't take the smoke anymore.

This is all because of you. Your wonderful forum has made huge differences in many lives, although indirectly.

My hat is off to you.

I am not. Now my obsession has switched to ocean fishing. I bought a boat in 2015 and just love it.

I am still in Alberta, this is my fishin hole, Pacific Ocean Prince Rupert BC. 23 hour drive 1 way lol.

striper-ocean.jpg

striper.jpg

the locals
whales.jpg

supper
61727407_10156744579345141_7200053342171561984_n.jpg

The people on this forum are amazing and have helped me several times. Ive not had time to sit down and make a thread but several weeks ago I posted in a thread about understanding how much it sucks waiting for parts ordered and mentioned that my car had just blown a shock and I wasn't able to afford to fix it and that all the parts store said I would have to order it. I woke up the next morning to a message from a long standing member that had helped many people here saying that I could pick up my parts from the auto parts right down the street. I was left completely speechless and still kind of am, but it just showed what kind of people are here. I'll let that person comment if they want to be known as I don't wanna put anybody out there that doesn't wish to be but hopefully he knows how much it was and is appreciated. And I too hope ro soon be able to PIF.

The people on this forum are amazing and have helped me several times. Ive not had time to sit down and make a thread but several weeks ago I posted in a thread about understanding how much it sucks waiting for parts ordered and mentioned that my car had just blown a shock and I wasn't able to afford to fix it and that all the parts store said I would have to order it. I woke up the next morning to a message from a long standing member that had helped many people here saying that I could pick up my parts from the auto parts right down the street. I was left completely speechless and still kind of am, but it just showed what kind of people are here. I'll let that person comment if they want to be known as I don't wanna put anybody out there that doesn't wish to be but hopefully he knows how much it was and is appreciated. And I too hope ro soon be able to PIF.
Its not really tough to figure out who that is...and no I dont know about it :-)

The people on here are definitely a great bunch. I have learned quite a bit from all of you. I was a busa newb when I joined not that long ago but this bike is therapy and then some.

Its not really tough to figure out who that is...and no I dont know about it :-)
Maybe not as easy for most to figure out but around here he is an "immortal" and I have found he has given many blessings around the org and seems to do it quietly.

Back