It finally happened

Hauie

Today, as I was closing shop, I saw some kids taking pictures of the bike and in front of it. I paid them no attention because teenagers will decide to be more destructive if you talk to them, and they weren't leaning on the bike or really touching it.. or so I thought. I park right in front of my door and the entire front of the store where I can look out is covered by 12 ft glass screens, so I can see everything.

As they were leaving, I picked up and went about my business.. closing the shop. Then I turned the alarm on, locked the doors and put my helmet on.. the bike tipped over on its left (I'm assuming the bike was either rocked forward on the kickstand or the kickstand just dropped..). I'm almost positive one of the kids sat on it when I was in the bathroom, but it's probably my fault for not just throwing the rear stand on it while I park it there the whole day (I have a set of pitbulls at the shop..). Minor scuffing... I was going to wrap the bike anyways, but I guess it's gunna have to be sanded down on the rougher area to smooth out the process, and I have to wrap it sooner than I want.

sorry to hear that. No camera in front of your store?

I have cameras, but it's not bad enough to where I need to claim insurance on it.

I'll have pics. The stator cover got a little scratched up.. So I'm just looking to replace it if powder coating ended up costing too much. It's like a cm. The sides aren't TOO too bad.. the bike did roll forward a little before falling.

That’s my view looking out. So I saw the teenagers playing on it... it was probably my fault for just not taking the extra 5-10 minutes to put on the rear stand every morning honestly.

image.jpg

I have cameras, but it's not bad enough to where I need to claim insurance on it.

I'll have pics. The stator cover got a little scratched up.. So I'm just looking to replace it if powder coating ended up costing too much. It's like a cm. The sides aren't TOO too bad.. the bike did roll forward a little before falling.

I mean watch the camera if really one of the kids was sitting on it... I would at least like to know.

If these are still available they keep the bike exactly where you put it. Doesn’t let the bike roll fore or aft (at all). They’re made for front rotors too.
3E4270DA-6169-4F5B-9A55-7E8E80B4F1C6.jpeg

If these are still available they keep the bike exactly where you put it. Doesn’t let the bike roll fore or aft (at all). They’re made for front rotors too.View attachment 1587164

Where do you guys get this? And I just rewatched the DVR. It seems one of the little girls attempted to sit on it, and then got off really quickly and ran away (perhaps seeing me get out of the restroom). But the bike didn’t fall until later, so I’m not even sure at this point.. here’s pics, I think I can just wet sand it down to create a grab point/smooth surface for the wrap.

750921AB-2487-4152-BF90-2C9E727DC4F5.jpeg

Im sorry to hear about your loss. bike must have been teathering after the dismount from the violator. that is a lesson learned im sure you will never forget. I lost a nitrous bottle half track last Thursday because I didn't tighten after I took off heater. my lesson learned. bottle flew off into woods, broke gauge, fitting, and line. I could have crashed. I could have been worse and so could yours! repairs look minimal to what could have been

Man that is frustrating too, and folks want to know why a guy that has nice things doesn't like people crawling all over them.

That’s my view looking out. So I saw the teenagers playing on it... it was probably my fault for just not taking the extra 5-10 minutes to put on the rear stand every morning honestly.

View attachment 1587156
Damn you just shared this pic too, in The “who is reppin at work” thread. I’m sorry to hear about that. If you cover shipping to and from you can send me the cover and I’ll powder coat it your color of choice

Where do you guys get this? And I just rewatched the DVR. It seems one of the little girls attempted to sit on it, and then got off really quickly and ran away (perhaps seeing me get out of the restroom). But the bike didn’t fall until later, so I’m not even sure at this point.. here’s pics, I think I can just wet sand it down to create a grab point/smooth surface for the wrap.

View attachment 1587175
Crazy how it missed the bar end and lever completely. Def like the bike shifted forward on the stand.

View attachment 1587175

I don’t see rear ones anymore but here’s their site.

http://roadlok.com/#home-section

Crazy how it missed the bar end and lever completely. Def like the bike shifted forward on the stand.

Yea.. I was devastated lol. If I’m sending you anything I might send you both stator and rear sets. Can you quote me a price for that? I’ll have to save up a little more since this wrap job is going to have to come first.

Bad news man, you'll get it sorted quickly I'm guessing, but you need to have a couple of Doberman Pincers chained to your bike while its parked there. Parking on the sidewalk like that is a risky move in itself. A lot of people passing in close proximity.
Hey, curious about your shop, are you a manicurist? lol.

Back