It’s bike night and I went fast.

Hey everyone once again with the billionth question. I was hauling ass with some friends on a straight away I got to about 150 to 160 at about 10,000 RPM and the bike cut out suddenly. This was about a half hour ago.

what kind of busa? gen 1 or 2?

what cut?

did you check if pump runs when switching ignition on ?
speedo then does its self control?

if not, check fuses - sometimes they just break

they sit under the left (tri angled) small cover between nose and speedo
fastened by one allen screw in the middle and one plastic into the nose left upwards

Last edited:
It hit 10,000 I didn’t see a tac light and it was for a second.it kept running.
There is no "tach light" to see. You have a white shift light which may or may not be set. I think you bounced the rev limiter. No worries,don't make a habit of it. It's pointless. Your bikes HP actually mostly starts its DECLINE in power that close to the rev limiter. It shows up on the average dyno chart on most bikes like yours.
I have really bad depression so I do reckless things all the time. Yes I’m getting help.
Get help for sure. Take yer meds if prescribed. NO booze or Rec Drugs.
Healthy diet. Exersize like a mad man. Stay busy. keep a circle of good smart friends.Lose the losers. Stay working. Research the heck out of it,but don't dwell on it too much. No big life or death decissions. Stay as cool and calm as possible. Don't engage in false happiness like the hi-speed runs you mentioned. No wild behavior thats gonna bite you in the azz now or later. Sounds gey...meditation,reading,relaxing...
Get pro help from someone who specilizes in depression. The cure is prolly not a week away...be patient. Seek mout others who also suffer but dont take what they say as gospel,take it under advisement. Everybody is different. Different cures. But get on it...stay on it.
I dont give a fug what I sound like....here to help.
NO BOOZE...NO DOPE.
Rubb.

I have really bad depression so I do reckless things all the time. Yes I’m getting help.

Locate hiway 49 and take it south to the Golden Chain hiway north of Mariposa.
07C67E81-0982-4A46-A20D-2BF7E373AD98.jpeg

@2013hayabusabehre91 here's any old dyno chart I got off Google.
See the max horsepower at 9,600 RPM. Pointless to go past that.
Set yer shift light. Its in your owners manual. Don't have it,ask here.
Need a walk thru...ask. Have the light come on at like 8 thou,that's plenty.
No need to bounce the limiter. Once you master that,(8000) maybe turn it up after that. Here's a link to the info you need re: The shift light.
click here
Here the dyno run...
Rubb.

dyno.jpg

Hey everyone once again with the billionth question. I was hauling ass with some friends on a straight away I got to about 150 to 160 at about 10,000 RPM and the bike cut out suddenly. This was about a half hour ago.
What gear were you in? You have a gen 2 so that should get to top speed with no worries (186mph) before hitting the rev limiter..

You might have not been in top gear and hit the rev limiter though.

Mornin' @2013hayabusabehre91 Maybe going easy with the "Go Fast" button for a while wouldn't be a bad thing. Get some shi7 sorted out before attempting any more hi-speed runs. Not everyone reads everything posted on a website,but I read every word if I happen to be interested in a thread.
....and yes,its OK to reply with "Fug you Dad." :D
Rubb.

I like the rev limiter idea
And I like acting up once in a while.
Try not to crash at those speeds and make sure the bike's healthy

If meditation and reading are "gey", I switched teams a long time ago. Great advice though :thumbsup:
It can be a tough crowd on here at times my Brother. I very often employ a "preemptive strike" posture.
Tried the meditation...not my thing.(kept falling asleep)
But I do enjoy the back of cereal boxes in the morning. :p
Speaking of reading...yer Great American Novel is en-route.
I'm sure it will cause you to consider giving up reading for pleasure.
rofl.gif

I know its bad to destroy books,but if this fine litterary composition were to "accidentally" fall into a dumpster...who would know....
dunno.gif

Rubb.

@2013hayabusabehre91 here's any old dyno chart I got off Google.
See the max horsepower at 9,600 RPM. Pointless to go past that.

I do it occasionally just for fun.

BTW Rubb, you make peak hp a bit ealier with turbo, no? I think the peak hp on a NA busa with pipe is about 10 to 10.5k rpm depending on the pipe.

I was in fourth gear.

I was going to ask, were you in fourth gear? You were haulin o_O if you were doing 160 in 4th!

If you were able to hear the engine at 160 mph, it would have sounded like a machine gun when it hit the rev limiter. dadadadadadadadadada.

I do it occasionally just for fun.

BTW Rubb, you make peak hp a bit ealier with turbo, no? I think the peak hp on a NA busa with pipe is about 10 to 10.5k rpm depending on the pipe.

I was going to ask, were you in fourth gear? You were haulin o_O if you were doing 160 in 4th!

If you were able to hear the engine at 160 mph, it would have sounded like a machine gun when it hit the rev limiter. dadadadadadadadadada.

Rev limiter for fun...Yup. Its the lazy mans shift light. (I have 2 lites):thumbsup:

Peak HP is about 96,97,98 on the 4 prior Busa's I had.(pipe,airbox,filter,tuned,etc)

My turbo..no recent dyno sheet. Won't guess. "Just the fact's" :D

I did the math in my head and determined he was in 4th.I double checked my math with the video below. Correcting KPH to MPH of course.
Thinking he bounced the limiter which I posted early to put his mind at ease.:D

260 KPH=160 MPH 4th gear/ approx 25 sec's in to the vid

Busa Run

Rubb.

Rev limiter for fun...Yup. Its the lazy mans shift light. (I have 2 lites):thumbsup:

Peak HP is about 96,97,98 on the 4 prior Busa's I had.(pipe,airbox,filter,tuned,etc)

My turbo..no recent dyno sheet. Won't guess. "Just the fact's" :D

I did the math in my head and determined he was in 4th.I double checked my math with the video below. Correcting KPH to MPH of course.
Thinking he bounced the limiter which I posted early to put his mind at ease.:D

260 KPH=160 MPH 4th gear/ approx 25 sec's in to the vid

Busa Run

Rubb.
Hi. Who thinks 150-160 is fast?

Back